Official Gus on Twitter

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you put Adam Reynolds in the Bulldogs we're a totally different team and we won't be having this discussion.
Broncos do not win on friday without him.
How much has Hastings changed the dynamics of the Tigers.
In all of our losses it’s been an opposition spine player that has been the difference.

Reynolds (twice)
Cleary
Papenhausen / Grant
DCE
Cook

At least we have hooker sorted next year. Mahoney having another blinder and commentators saying what a massive loss he is for them

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When you go on a recruitment drive you expect to not be in the same position as last year… simple really
All depends though. If you recruit players and your hooker is still JMK & your ball playing lock is NOT a ball playing lock and your coach is shit then it doesn’t matter how much you spend on wingers, fullbacks and forwards, you ain’t going anywhere in the NRL.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When you go on a recruitment drive you expect to not be in the same position as last year… simple really
Depends. You could recruit a player that plays well for a team, but the team he has come from makes him look better than what he actually is.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends. You could recruit a player that plays well for a team, but the team he has come from makes him look better than what he actually is.
I wouldn’t say I am disappointed in any of our recruits. Sure none of them have been great but for what they have been paid I don’t think any of them have been poor.

TPJ creates shitloads of chances with his offloads. Dufty had one poor game but has provided spark. Burton hasn’t played in the halves for a few years so was always going to take time to adjust. Fox has finished the chances created and also provided much needed leadership.

Naden and Burns have been average but they both were not in their clubs top 17 last year so were never going to be world beaters. Vaughan is pretty much playing to his form over the past 2 years.

The problem is our existing players continue to suck and our game plan doesn’t suit the cattle we have

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gould has AGAIN confirmed he will not be sacking Barrett. Strap in, 2022 is going to be one wild ride!

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a lot of salary cap to spend over the last 2 years, and next year. Baz and everyone at the club involved with recruitment is to blame. At the end of the day the buck stops at the coach. I actually don't think our recruitment has been too bad, I believe it's more on the Baz with how he wants to play/how he develops players (not well). He's a "in theory" coach but practically he has nothing.
I don't get this.
You say baz and anyone involved with recruitment are to blame but then say our recruitment hasn't been bad. Which one is it?

Personally, I think the recruitment has been decent. It's the team selections, fitness and strategy & coaching that's been the issue.
A better coach would be getting more from our improved squad.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I expect after round 10 we'll see Stuckey, Morrin, Toia, Cook, Hoffman and Topine all getting some game time in first grade.
While I do see that as a positive, it definitely sounds like even Gus has accepted this year is a write off and is planning ahead to next year.
right off in terms of making the 8 but hopefully we haven’t given up on winning games this year after round 7. Plenty of opportunities to finish higher up the table.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Phil finds people as toys lol. Just plays and messes with them constantly. Bit of a dick move but its not like twitter does themselves any favors.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
right off in terms of making the 8 but hopefully we haven’t given up on winning games this year after round 7. Plenty of opportunities to finish higher up the table.
Also confirms for me that Gus has lost faith in Baz and is now taking more control before he destroys our future as well.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Also confirms for me that Gus has lost faith in Baz and is now taking more control before he destroys our future as well.
Possibly but it could also be him saving his own ass to a degree because he has repeatedly provided such a strong endorsement for the coach. 1/7 is not crash hot to say the least.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Possibly but it could also be him saving his own ass to a degree because he has repeatedly provided such a strong endorsement for the coach. 1/7 is not crash hot to say the least.
It's his job to publicly endorse him, but behind closed doors I can assure you Baz days are numbered.