What has to change to turn this club around?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was at the game live. We look defensively shot to pieces. JMK is a 30-40min player max.
This is spot on, the problem is that no one else has shown they can handle that spot defensively for 40 minutes. Cook looks better with ball in hand, but much worse in defence. BBO goes well for about 20 minutes, but then fades. It is a tough spot to fill, that is why half the teams in the comp are after a better dummy half.

In our last glory era in the early to mid 00's we had Perry and Hughes playing 40 minutes each.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think there should be a thread on strength & conditioning. We all talk about coaching and yes our structures with Jackson as the ball playing link man look clunky.

However the fade outs are a common theme this season & last season. We start well go set for set for about 30mins and then teams finish over the top and it looks all too easy for them.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will say one thing... Whenever we sign a crop of players to suit a particular style, the rules of the game change.

The game is more defence orientated compared to last season and that hasn't helped us at all.

To extend upon this, we have no leader in defence that sets the tone and line speed. Most of our forwards can't wrestle and arm grab. I cannot recall the last time one of our forwards hit someone so hard they got up slowly.
Yet the same teams are dominating the comp.. so a bit short sighted for mine

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And who is an available quality coach? Flanagan a cheat? Come on you lot who?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
From what I've seen in Mahoney he'll definitely make a huge difference.
Picks his times to run well, good kicking game and great service.
Jackson shouldn't be ball playing next year, just split the halves, give them good ball and have the fullback floating in attack.
Jackson is just meh, you can tell he's defeated in press conferences...
Yet the same teams are dominating the comp.. so a bit short sighted for mine
Why are the same teams dominating the comp though. I'd say its because they had their juniors sorted and good coaching and systems in place before COVID hit... The effect of those 2 non playing junior and cup seasons have had an enormous effect on teams like ours.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
We have a roster that is good enough to win 50% of our games minimum. But we have a coach that like to win 1 in 10.

He is rubbish and needs to be replaced or demoted to assistant.
Yep it is that simple, below average coach, coaching a mediocre team = below average results

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What is the point of having world class training facilities, the dojo etc if you don't have world class strength, conditioning, wrestling coaches?

It's like paying good money to go to the best gym in Sydney but then your PT is Homer Simpson.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring in Nick Politis as Chairman

- then we won't get f'd around like we do now.

palmbeachdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
We fatigue because of errors and handing the ball back to opposition in a 10 minute block in the second half we made 41 tackes to souths 1
Bellamy would make us one of if not the fittest teams in the comp.

This current team fatigues after 30mins then it all goes down hill from there. I also believe Bellamy would limit Jackson's & JMK's minutes which would make them more effective in shorter stints.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, I couldn't give a damn. I've had too many disappointments, season after season.

Every year we're promised improvement, and every year we see the same shit over and over again. It's not even an hour since the game ended, and I can't even get angry any more. It's like stepping in dog shit - upsetting at the time, but quickly forgotten once it is scraped off.

I just can't find the enthusiasm to wear the colours or even tell people which team I follow. They are beyond supporting, and beyond saving.
The best that could happen would be to kick them out of the NRL, and give the fans back their lives.

They will not win another game this season.

Burton and Ado Carr will be seeking an out from their contracts before the year is out. They are too good to deserve the Bulldogs.
I'm with you mate. I've pretty much become numb to it all too. It never ceases to amaze me though as to the level this once might club has sunk. If it was any other sort of business it would have been wound up long ago.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A cleanout. All players from Des and Pay loser mentality era. Must. Go. Just. Fuck. Off.

Then some new strength and conditioning people that will flog the shit out of these guys and really punish them. Fucken lazy cnts the lot of them.
You gotta get rid of every single player at the club NOW as the "Barrett Mentality Era" has the worst win% out of the three