Who are your favourite goal kickers of all time?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is a ridiculous thread and question.

You ask who is the best kicker on a Bulldogs forum.

OF COURSE people here are going to just say El Masri and Halligan. Sacrilege if they didn’t.

Its like asking ‘what suburban ground has the best memories for you to watch the nrl as a kid?’and of course peopel here on this forum are going to say belmore andnot Oran park.
@Hacky McAxe this is why we need Nasheed as these threads wouldn’t be so cliche and wooden.
Lol so why don’t you answer who was the best goal kicker?

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In order:

Daryl Halligan - I just loved the way he kicked and made the ball curve particularly from the sideline. I remember against the Broncos in the 1995 Semi Final, he kicked 6/6, and nailed 2 of them from the sideline when the sun was glaring in his eyes.

Hazem El Masri - the GOAT when it comes to goal kickers. He could kick them from all over the field and did not crack under pressure. The game against the Knights in 2002 obviously stands out, but there were so many games that we won due the points differential due to his accurate goal kicking. The fact that he was a handy scorer of tries as well (up there with the best) and a strong defender (just ask Lote Tuqiri and Steven Bell) only adds to his cause of being one of the greatest players ever as well.

Johnathan Thurston - helped win many games for whichever team he played for by kicking goals and setting up tries to be able to take the conversions. Classy player.

You know what the good thing is about those 3 goal kickers? Not only do I consider them the 3 greatest ever, but they all won a premiership with us!
Yes I agree, our team has had some awesome goal kickers over the years.

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
Surprise surprise ‘Halligan and El Masri’ dominates the answer that’ll do me.

name one person on this forum who didn’t see this coming.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surprise surprise ‘Halligan and El Masri’ dominates the answer that’ll do me.

name one person on this forum who didn’t see this coming.
Cause they did dominate in kicking goals. lol
That if you didn’t know that.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Thurston with the curve

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In order

1. El Masri
2. Halligan
3. Conlon

Lamb doesn't make the list because although accurate struggled with anything outside the 25m line.

Honourary mention - Colin Whitfield.

Pommy who played for us for 1 year (I think) in the 80s.

Kicked a 55m goal in the mud with the old leather ball.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Halllgan is my all time favourite because of the 98 semi and seeing it live. Close second is Hazem, was also at marathon when he won that game in 2002!!!!!
But halligans kick was the most pressure kick I’ve seen

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
Halllgan is my all time favourite because of the 98 semi and seeing it live. Close second is Hazem, was also at marathon when he won that game in 2002!!!!!
But halligans kick was the most pressure kick I’ve seen
Surprise F surprise.
Mods! Close thread please.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw Stan Cutler toe poke one from 52 meters at Belmore one Sunday afternoon....pretty special......plus I saw myself celebrating on the 6pm replay.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I saw Stan Cutler toe poke one from 52 meters at Belmore one Sunday afternoon....pretty special......plus I saw myself celebrating on the 6pm replay.
I had one of his that he kicked onto the train lines and I knicked it.

Hazem Dazza dead heat for mine. From the toe poker days Mick Cronin was a gun and Big Mal kicked a few good ones.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I had one of his that he kicked onto the train lines and I knicked it.

Hazem Dazza dead heat for mine. From the toe poker days Mick Cronin was a gun and Big Mal kicked a few good ones.
Big Mal? Fuck, I reckon the dopey bastard used to spray his kicks like weed killer.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Big Mal? Fuck, I reckon the dopey bastard used to spray his kicks like weed killer.
I said kicked a few good ones.. He was only about 65% across his whole career, but under pressure a few times for Australia and QLD he kicked winning goals.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasn’t it Conlon that used to place kick for touch from the penalty?
Sure was. Around the same time when Parra got a penalty out wide around the attacking 20,they would indicate they were going for 2 and deliberately kick it across field to their outside backs.