“I’m the one that made the decision” - Gus

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well done Gus , it’s look like the battle of the chins.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This is why I like Gus so much, it may be an old school siege mentality piece but he’s called out the morons on 360 and has stood up for the club and ultimately Baz.

I really hope Flanno has a great game, regardless of the result/score line.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow, how does Gus allegedly picking the team make Baz look any better? This is like when Mum takes you to school, confronts your bullies and asks them to be nice.....lol

Does the club pay your salary, or does Trent Barrett, Gus? Stop trying to protect him.
Read the article. Gus didn't pick the team, he put Flanno under his personal control, which meant when Baz wanted to pick him for the team, he had to clear that Gus was happy to release Flanno from his current playing conditions. This means that Gus is taking a personal interest in players welfare, and that Baz picks the team.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
"I said, 'you tell me what you think a halfback is? What sort of halfback you think you are? What it is you're trying to do on the field? You explain it to me, I've watched you through the first couple of trial games'.

"When I get a call from the coach (Barrett) on Monday morning asking if he could pick Kyle (for first grade), I said 'why do you want to do that?'" Gould said.

"He gave me the reasons... Trent Barrett's reasons were clear and I said Kyle was ready for NRL.
This is fantastic management technique (and parents of teenagers take note as well). Ask people to articulate their reasoning and motives. If they can give good clear explanation then you are well on your way. As a manager learn to ask "why?" not as a dismissive conversation ender, but as a genuine opportunity for subordinates to give clear well thought out reasoning which you can respond to positively.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Those 360 muppets can get fucked. yes we are chopping an changing a lot, and no it does not help, but right now we’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain. If Kyle can come out an do a job then great, if not then haven’t lost anything as we are going to lose this game either way, only depends by how much..!!

unless (which is highly unlikely) we go for it and just play some unpredictable footy and put the panthers in two minds and really confuse and unsettle their structure/game plan., we MAY just jag a fluke win.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gus the ole skool big swinging dick.

In that stinging retort to the media he managed to make it abundantly clear to them that if they want to fk with us then make sure you come armed with all your facts correct!

Bully the bullies!

He’s also inadvertently made sure the world knows who the alpha is in the dog house and it ain’t Baz

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully Gus’s guidance and talks with him help cause we sure as shit need a good halfback. Up to flanno now.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Read the article. Gus didn't pick the team, he put Flanno under his personal control, which meant when Baz wanted to pick him for the team, he had to clear that Gus was happy to release Flanno from his current playing conditions. This means that Gus is taking a personal interest in players welfare, and that Baz picks the team.
Ok, so he's not picking the team, but he's having to micromanage if and when I can be picked due to Barrett's completely inept management of me last season....still doesn't exactly make Barrett look any better. Gus wouldn't have needed to put me on special playing conditions if Barrett had done the right thing by me last year, end of.