Payne Haas

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’d be awesome to have. But not for a mil. Invest that money into your spine. There’s a reason there trying to get rid of Thompson.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Remember I told you guys a few months back that he wants to come back to Sydney and SBW and Mundine told him to come to us?

Looks like the info is correct.
I’ll eat my hat and walk too Cooma naked and bring back a country halfback if that happens. That’s how confident I am in it not happening or Mundine guiding him towards us.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’ll eat my hat and walk too Cooma naked and bring back a country halfback if that happens. That’s how confident I am in it not happening or Mundine guiding him towards us.
It still sounds strange but that was from my usual bulletproof source.

I'm guessing its the religious connection if true.

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Hass has approached our club it may have something to do with the number of people of the same faith in and around our area and that could be a real positive. for us.
Perhaps if he is keen to come to our club a $600.000 dollar contract plus $200.000 in TPA's for no more than 5 years max might just get him over the line..
His close friendship with TPJ must have something to do with it as well.
where there is a will there is a way :-)
What is the plan Mr Gould ?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
His close friendship with TPJ must have something to do with it as well.
where there is a will there is a way :-)

What is the plan Mr Gould ?
Gould already no
Cant pay him that much

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact of the matter is it’s probably 500k more than Thompsons true value. So no to Haas on 1 mil
Yeah , your probably right, $700k would probably be his ceiling, but third party agreements could come into it after that possibly.
I cant work out if he was offered to us, cos he contracted till 24

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terrible cap management to pay a front rower that much. Better spent on a quality spine player.
Agree 100%, but their are none available except ponga, and you can only bank a small % of your cap for the following year, so it has to be spent somewhere.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus' recent quote on Haas should tell you all you need to know..

“If I’m going to pay a player a million dollars, he’s winning you 60-70 per cent of games. That’s what I see as a million-dollar player,” Gould said on 100% Footy.

“When you’re paying particularly a forward that sort of money, I don’t see how (Haas) wins you that percentage of games to justify the cost.”
Somebody needs to send the Tigers a calculator as a gift. No wonder the poor ***** are going shit house cause their $1million signing Brooks is winning them 0.6 - 0.7% of the games....I think their calculator must be fucked...

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. He won't get a million.
2. Payer swap with the Broncos maybe?
3. Never say never people.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
TPJ should take a pay cut to help Haas come over here :tearsofjoy:

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Angus Crichton going to Rugby
Taukeiaho going to Super League
JWH 33 years old

Roosters are really light up front from next year onwards

If Haas comes to Sydney you can bet your bottom dollar he will be at the Roosters

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are stacked in the forwards. FFS can we be linked to a 7? We desperately are crying out for some experience at 7. Like a real game manager. A field general
TPJ, Addo-Carr money should’ve gone towards securing a complete halfback. That position has been our biggest issue since Hodkinson.

Gotta get the key positions right before pissing away money on wingers and edge forwards.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We are stacked in the forwards. FFS can we be linked to a 7? We desperately are crying out for some experience at 7. Like a real game manager. A field general
100% . Crying out for something that we not seeing, it’s very concerning.!!! Lacking a leader indeed. But also lacking a lot more l!!

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Angus Crichton going to Rugby
Taukeiaho going to Super League
JWH 33 years old

Roosters are really light up front from next year onwards

If Haas comes to Sydney you can bet your bottom dollar he will be at the Roosters
I agree

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He can’t. We need a 7 of at least Jake Clifford quality and possibly a 1 if we don’t decide to keep Dufty. We will probably need to lose either Thompson or Jacko as it is.

P.S personally I would sign him, he is a beast with a fantastic work ethic.
Hes not worth a million.