Opinion Trent Barrett’s fault we Lost

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We lost because we failed to convert our dominance in the 20 mins before half time. The positive thing was we were creating the chances but poor execution in the final play or just bad luck stopped us getting the points.

It was always going to be dangerous heading into the second half leaving so many points on the field.
100%

I thought we needed to be a try in front at halftime and when JMK scored the Broncis were rattled and the run against the play Farnworth first try off the strip gave them the momentum back and you could tell they had their second wind as they made 60m from the restart.

We had opportunities late to square the game but we had no final kick…fatigue got us despite that last play effort from Burton to Fox

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We lost because we failed to convert our dominance in the 20 mins before half time. The positive thing was we were creating the chances but poor execution in the final play or just bad luck stopped us getting the points.

It was always going to be dangerous heading into the second half leaving so many points on the field.
That’s pretty much it in a nutshell. We had enough good ball and chances to be more than 4-4 at half time. The positive is we look like we have the attack now we just need to gel and communicate a bit better at critical times and more tries will come.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We should have never gone into the season with okunbor as first choice.. Barrett should’ve known this and all 3 tries today were because of okunbor, it’s not good enough… broncos were horrendous today
You realise one of the tries was scored after an Averillo error and on the opposite side to Okunbor? And I’m not an Oko fan by any stretch but it helps If you actually understand what’s going on in a game.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Barrett is 100% to blame for the absolute shit show of attack having what 4 sets in a row on their try line? But some players namely I don’t cut my hair okunbir who just watches a bronco run acting baffled he’s on the fkn field. But why was no bulldog charging the kick where the broncos fumbled it, that was an easy try. S

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You realise one of the tries was scored after an Averillo error and on the opposite side to Okunbor? And I’m not an Oko fan by any stretch but it helps If you actually understand what’s going on in a game.
The only time they found space was down his corner.. he should never have been first choice

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blame okunbor but it’s Barrett who chooses him, Barrett is the reason we lost today 100%
Completely agree. I just can’t fathom any reason whatsoever to have him in the side (unless he has some unruly photos of someone!). Even blind Freddy can see the joke of a player does not belong in any first or reserve grade team. Baz is completely at fault to keep picking him - yet another example of Baz not being up to it!

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Baz made some bad selections, going forward he's ability as a coach can be defined by who he picks going forward. All it took was a couple of plays to kill the momentum we had to win.

I saw improvements for lots of players which is positive.
Agree, - sorry to be negative Nancy here, but the improvement we have seen in the team is purely because the good players we have brought in are gelling as they get more game time together. This was to expected given the quality of the players themselves. None of this, I feel, is necessarily attributable to Baz. He is just riding the wave of this.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The only time they found space was down his corner.. he should never have been first choice
So no basically you didn’t realise that? Fair enough mate do whatever you want to do but I’d suggest one day watching the game and not your phone.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Averillo, Burns, Okunmore = defensive calamity waiting to happen