Official Round 2 vs Broncos Match Discussion

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all those against Okunbor. Yes, most of the criticism is warranted going off past performances. But his game on Sunday, what more could you have asked? He wasn't to blame for any tries, he scored our only try and he didn't knock it on once from what I can remember. Unlike most of the team...and considering the wet conditions he did very well. Let's be positive going into Rd 2. He has had Burton kicking to him all off season. He will be good against Oates. Oates has a tendency to make a mistake here or there too
Without him we have no go forward in our back 3. If he improves his defensive reads he can be a valuable player.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good test for our forwards, full team, Vaughn, Thompson, TPJ, Hethrington should be able to march down to the line, practice our offloads.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Heads up to all to not watch the pre match show, looks like its going to be a Reynolds wankfest...
Tbh, I never watch anything pre match. I even tune in a few minutes past the scheduled kick off time to make sure.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't be surprised if TPJ plays in the middle and is given the task to handle Hass all night.
Hopefully he can do to Hass what he did to Taumalolo when he owned his arse that night. Probably one of the best individual performances by any forward in the last few years... it was very impressive.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Game day!!!!

Had an obligatory cigarette and a coffee out of my favorite Bulldogs mug as is the tradition.

Checked the weather prediction today, Cloudy no chance of showers- 16km winds this may help Burtons high bombs i whisper to myself.

Cant wait to see them wheel Reynolds out of the cotton wool and bubble wrap. TPJ would be testing him out all night. Highlights reels now play in a mind clouded by nicotine and caffeine.

Watched the Cowboys vs Raiders game last night and can say the Cowboys looked the goods and we beat that team in a slugfest.
they say good teams find a way to get a win.

The real questions will be can our halves take their game up another notch?
Will our forwards dominate a young forward pack coming off the back of a win with the winds very much in their sails?
Can they get Addo-Carr early ball and get him more involved- First tryscorer would really set the tempo?
Will Dufty have that stellar game he is known for whipping out every now and then?

Time will tell.

Last edited:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing how the squad attacks on a dry, cooler track.
It still won't be up to their potential because they are still a very new team (we will need to wait till around 5-6 for that) but it still should be a big improvement on last week's heroic defensive win.