Give JAC the captaincy

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He brings the storm culture and disciple with him. He fired the boys up yesterday and gave them a spray after he won the captains challenge. He is the new player that can inspire others around him.

Jackson lacks the fire and has baggage from captaining last years wooden spoon team. He is a solid player but he is the past.

A new year needs fresh ideas and fresh faces with a different approach. JAC needs to be captain.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Disagree. Just because Jacko doesn’t make loud sprays on the field doesn’t mean he’s not a good Captain. He’s also been around since the GF teams of 2012/14 so he knows the Bulldog grind. His half time chat with Cummins was spot on - calling out what he saw as inconsistencies whilst later acknowledging in the presser that especially in the first half we let ourselves down in some key areas. JAC does well as part of the leadership team but should focus on his game and how he can inspire the team, which he doesn’t necessarily need a (c) next to his name to do.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jackson looks like a broken man physically and mentally. No disrespect to him, but he has been the captain and the best player for a bottom 4 team for the best part of half a decade. I honestly think it has taken a toll on him.

As for addo carr, he is a leader with or without the C next to his name. And the job he does to fire up the boys I think will bring the group together. Last year we probably lose that game easily. But I think the likes of Burton and Addo carr who have been part of a winning group (especially the foxx) really got everyone to dig deep and guts it out. Its hard to win a game in the NRL, you have to push yourself to places not many people can go to. Like I said in the preseason foxx is worth every cent due to his winning attitude, and the way he brings the team together and makes training fun but in games tries to bring out the best in the team. On and off the field a good pick up for a rebuilding team.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson looks like a broken man physically and mentally. No disrespect to him, but he has been the captain and the best player for a bottom 4 team for the best part of half a decade. I honestly think it has taken a toll on him.

As for addo carr, he is a leader with or without the C next to his name. And the job he does to fire up the boys I think will bring the group together. Last year we probably lose that game easily. But I think the likes of Burton and Addo carr who have been part of a winning group (especially the foxx) really got everyone to dig deep and guts it out. Its hard to win a game in the NRL, you have to push yourself to places not many people can go to. Like I said in the preseason foxx is worth every cent due to his winning attitude, and the way he brings the team together and makes training fun but in games tries to bring out the best in the team. On and off the field a good pick up for a rebuilding team.
Jackson looked far from "broken" last night, he was totally on his game and also in the ref's ear to our great benefit.

Always a Bulldog

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A leadership roll is about right for JAC he's on the wing too far from the middle if he was our fb different story jacko is about right as captain impressed he had a word to the red at ht

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
JAC, should concentrate on running fast and going for the corner instead of stepping back inside like he did yesterday. He was recruited for his pace, we are yet to see it. Jacko is the best option we have as Captain at the moment.
JAC hasn't been the same since around midseason last year, looks to be having some hamstring issues and doesn't have the same explosive pace he once had. Not sure if it's a mental thing but I defenitely noticed it at the Storm first.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Didn’t you hear Jac already said to the ref IAM THE CAPTAIN!!
Happy to have him vice captain. A couple more guys elevated to help out with on field discipline won't go astray.

Fox has more wholesale respect from refs and the commentators so top of leadership group behind JJ is probably about right.

When we start winning then Jacko wil get more respect from the refs as he should....it will all fall into place when we regularly start winning.