Official Round 1 v Cowboys match discussion

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let the guys know its frigging hot up here in townsville 32 degrees today but feels like 38 humidity 68. Been like this for over a week now
Could be bearable by kick-off go dogs.
forgot about the heat factor yeh it will be uncomfortable, need that kicking game and rotations are key.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Fucken Waddell on the bench is disgusting. Especially when you have Ava on the reserves. Okunbor keeping his spot is just AIDS. Wakeham should’ve been our half or BBO and have Averillo in the centres and Burns on the wing. This line up is a sure fire way to getting sacked.
Why no Josh Cook?
Trent loves Waddel.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The team looks much stronger than last season.
Avo under a shit load of pressure.
I don't think he is a half? But he is quick, I'm hoping he provides some good opportunities for his outside men with his speed!

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You do all realize that we will smash the cowboys in this game right? The boys got pantsed in the sharks trial and with all the old heads around now they will be totally fired up for this game!

The cowboys have the worst team on paper this year by far. They should be spoon favourites.

36-12 to the dogs.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Keen to see tevita play. Dude turns into prime taumalolo against the cowboys. The backline are in wrong positions imo. I believe burns should be put next to JAC because i do admit he has nice hands and a good pass and catch. If u watch his youtube highlights before all his injuries at souths, its just a complication of him setting his winger up very nicely. Naden has to be on opposite wing, defends better there, and I believe schoupp should partner him, schoupp has to develop a pass to evaluate his game better but his defense is solid and he will only get better. He can be a threat of running good hard lines on that side from short balls into gaps whilst burns could just runs good decoys and sets up JAC so he can use his speed and finishing. Backline should look 1. Dufty 2. Naden 3. Burns 4. Schoupp 5. JAC . Schoupp and naden also help us getting out of our own line by both being on the same side. It just makes complete sense. Complete sense and barret dont equal but….

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I don't know what to make of this game, but I am concerned with our ball handling. We've been ill disciplined for a while now and the high humidity isn't gonna help us.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You do all realize that we will smash the cowboys in this game right? The boys got pantsed in the sharks trial and with all the old heads around now they will be totally fired up for this game!

The cowboys have the worst team on paper this year by far. They should be spoon favourites.

36-12 to the dogs.
Man, I hope you're right...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

36-12 to the dogs.
The difference between our roster and their roster is negligible (different strengths and weaknesses). It's also an away game for us (which apparently matters). Cowboys also now favourites in the betting.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thankfully I bought some Karma with a happy thread I posted because in this thread I can say;

That team list demonstrates Barrett is just Pay2.0 but with a better roster. It’s a clusterfuck just like it’s selector.
Baz I reckon what might be funny is.. if you put the wrong hat on in the wrong thread :laughing:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The things we didn’t have last time we met the cowboys

Speed
Power
Xfactor
Second phase

Unfortunately all that can be offset by the fact we have the same gameplan
and terrible discipline.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The things we didn’t have last time we met the cowboys

Speed
Power
Xfactor
Second phase

Unfortunately all that can be offset by the fact we have the same gameplan
What game plan is that? No game plan at all!