Sharks vs dogs trial

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t mind giving Okunbor another stab at a trial. If he shows he’s learned from the tape from last week, gets his errors down to 0-1 from 3-4, makes 150M+ and scores a leaping try in the corner, everyone will be on board. The game means nothing and you can always hook him 20-30 minutes in if he’s having a shocker then start him in Cup and use Allan / Burns/ someone else in his place. We need to stop death riding our players because it doesn’t get us anywhere - I’m sorry to break it to you, but Gus and Baz aren’t trawling through TK as they’re finalising the team lists.
Fmd their not?? A few on here will be gutted at that revelation :laughing:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i just cant wait to see Burton, Fox and Naden! Not sure on selecting Okonbur. It is a trial so maybe Barrett is giving him the first 20 to see how he bounces back from last week and then Burns comes on. If Avo doesnt improve along side Burton then we will be in for another long year

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sharks better spine (decent difference, Burton only 1 that'd make their team) and forwards (pretty close, Thompson and TPJ would make their team). Backs pretty 50/50 (JAC would make their team, giving benefit of the doubt Schoupp or Naden will be better than Tracey). This will be a good game to see where we're at. I'm just looking for us to be competitive best team vs best team. I have high expectations for the Sharks this year.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Phil tweeted:

You will notice 2 new names on bench for trial on Monday night v Shark. Half Khaled Rajeb & forward Lipoi Hipoi promising local juniors from Bulldog Academy program. Not sure if they get a run, but want them around NRL game day & warm up. Great experience & reward for efforts.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll give Averillo 20mins with Burton. If he produces the same rubbish as he did last game he should be hooked. Give Bailey or Wakeham the job. There has been zero improvement from last year as from what we’ve seen so far.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’ll give Averillo 20mins with Burton. If he produces the same rubbish as he did last game he should be hooked. Give Bailey or Wakeham the job. There has been zero improvement from last year as from what we’ve seen so far.
Obsessed

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just facts. Just said I’d give him a go. Wasn’t bagging him. I don’t wanna upset all the sensitive people. Merely stating he should get a go. For 20mins and if he’s still poor then another person should get a go. Somi
Think that’s a fair comment. Sorry if I offended you

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ehh was hoping he’d drop ok after last weeks effort. Looks like Baz wants to try what they’ve been training in preseason first.