wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Even someone like Clune would have been good for this team. He is happy to play second fiddle at the Knights and wait for his turn to get an opportunity, perhaps someone should get in his ear.
He’ll be their 7 unless they pick someone else better up. Why would he want a release from a 2-year deal starting this year after one trial game?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not bad for half a team of rookies to claw their way back, the Knights defense was better and our halves didn't have a field goal in them.
I think the point of the exercise was to see if anybody stood out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Klemmer was better than both Thommo and Vaughan today ….
He was lol. Anyway there's no point judging until round 1, we've beaten the Storm and Panthers in recent years during the trials and we all know how the season turned out.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t know if he plays 4 or 14 but Jake Av is the most natural player we’ve had on our books for a while. Should be one of the first picked each week. Ask Gus where to play him. He’ll have an opinion for sure!!

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bbo had about 6 sets in a row on newcastle line and did nothing against a newcastle reserve grade team
He is a talent but needs time in reserve grade
Cause he had reserves around him? If you played at 7 in the first half and dropped Okunbor we win by 14. Averillo and Okunbor were the worst on field today. Averillo always looks like someone has slapped him.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t know if he plays 4 or 14 but Jake Av is the most natural player we’ve had on our books for a while. Should be one of the first picked each week. Ask Gus where to play him. He’ll have an opinion for sure!!
Play him in reserve grade

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't watch the game so can't really comment.

However, could it be the case of Barrett wanting to getting the basics right before looking to be more expansive?

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
where to start?

Dufty was good for us with the cut out pass try assist for Okunbor and his own try... Okunbor has such bad hands, I doubt he could handle a wank... Declan Casey made good decisions in defence... an inauspicious start from Alamoti with a bad missed tackle leading to a Knights try, a dropped ball and then getting run down by the Knights half... Schoupp was game... the other three quarters did not have much to do... would be interesting to see Creedence in the open

we do not have a FG standard halfback at the club... Averillo's kicking and decision making was poor... Wakeham kicked better but his decision making was poor, too... Flanagan is still - well - Flanagan... not a particularly good outing for BBO but I think he has the most potential

Thompson, Vaughn, King and Seumanafagai were good... Patolo okay... Waddell had a poor read in defence leading to a Knights try... TPJ was strong in the contact defensively but lacked punched when carrying the ball but the halves did little for him... Jackson with a Jackson like performance

Stimson is a waste of space... pains me watching him play for us

JMK was good... Cook was good with his instincts but his service was not great and he was playing against substandard opposition

we are not a threat until we fix up our spine... so, Mahoney in 2023 and a halfback

we had set after set at 16-16 on the Knights line with 10-12 minutes to go and didn't even look close to scoring

Barrett the offensively gifted coach is a myth

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’ll be their 7 unless they pick someone else better up. Why would he want a release from a 2-year deal starting this year after one trial game?
Because there’s a good chance he’ll only ever be a back up .. they were talking about Ponga playing in the halves with Jake Clifford and then they were also trying to lure Drinkwater away from the Cowboys as well.
They tried their absolute best to get Luke Brooks from the Tigers, I'm just saying, Clune clearly isn't their first choice to play 7 which shows they want him there as a cover for injuries and rep season.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watching replay BBO was shocking tonight
Pretty harsh tbh. First run in how long at first receiver, with a bunch of unfamiliar players around him.

He was guilty of being too frantic and trying to make magic happen any time he touched the ball.

I'd like to see him get 40-60 minutes next week at 7 with the brief from Barrett to not overplay his hand, work through sets, make his tackles and kick with purpose.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
where to start?

Dufty was good for us with the cut out pass try assist for Okunbor and his own try... Okunbor has such bad hands, I doubt he could handle a wank... Declan Casey made good decisions in defence... an inauspicious start from Alamoti with a bad missed tackle leading to a Knights try, a dropped ball and then getting run down by the Knights half... Schoupp was game... the other three quarters did not have much to do... would be interesting to see Creedence in the open

we do not have a FG standard halfback at the club... Averillo's kicking and decision making was poor... Wakeham kicked better but his decision making was poor, too... Flanagan is still - well - Flanagan... not a particularly good outing for BBO but I think he has the most potential

Thompson, Vaughn, King and Seumanafagai were good... Patolo okay... Waddell had a poor read in defence leading to a Knights try... TPJ was strong in the contact defensively but lacked punched when carrying the ball but the halves did little for him... Jackson with a Jackson like performance

Stimson is a waste of space... pains me watching him play for us

JMK was good... Cook was good with his instincts but his service was not great and he was playing against substandard opposition

we are not a threat until we fix up our spine... so, Mahoney in 2023 and a halfback

we had set after set at 16-16 on the Knights line with 10-12 minutes to go and didn't even look close to scoring

Barrett the offensively gifted coach is a myth
Yep pretty much spot on from my perspective.
Though re the period of sustained pressure on their line, this was largely undone by a lack of cohesion amongst the mish-mash of players, many who have played little to no time with each other…..oh…& the shit halves we have!!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Pretty harsh tbh. First run in how long at first receiver, with a bunch of unfamiliar players around him.

He was guilty of being too frantic and trying to make magic happen any time he touched the ball.

I'd like to see him get 40-60 minutes next week at 7 with the brief from Barrett to not overplay his hand, work through sets, make his tackles and kick with purpose.
I thought all the halves were shocking
BBO is not an organising half, he plays off the cuff, watch all his junior football.
I do think in the long run he is the best option but averilo will play 7 as tb said Burton will do all the kicking

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking on the bright side, King scored the most fantasy points from all our guys and Alamoti made the most metres. The way Baz spoke honestly about the dire halves situation, i'm just praying he finally gives up on this idea that Avo will ever be good enough at 7. In the past he didn't have a better choice, and I'm not sure he does now, but at least guys like Toia and Dufty threatened the defence.