Religious Discussion Thread

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Depends on the religion. Christianity is pretty solid on it. The bible says to have no doubt at all. They have to believe 100%. But there are agnostic theists who believe God exists but they're not 100% certain.
Interesting..I’m probably this..pretty much believe there is no God..but just a little bit of me may think there might be.. Where is @Realist90 when I need him..he told me once I’d be a good Catholic!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
St Vincent's has a couple of nice chapels. I usually got communion every day bedside when I'm in there.

They visit you when you're not allowed out of bed or the ward.
Got communion in bed a few times myself, but most of my time their was spent getting treatment, while living in the Hospitol units at the rear. The walk to the oncology section was a night mare having to stop 5-6 times in about 200 hundred meters., no energy due to the treatment.
During that time I went to at least 4 Chapples for daily Mass. Of the 4 Chapples 1 is near the private Hospitol enterance, 1 is near the public Hospitol enterance, 1 is in the Palative Care section, and one is in the Garden.
I've been to Orthodox Churches myself to, was told that it's ok to receive Communion in a Orthodox Church, because the Eastern Churchs had never broken away from the line of anointed Priests and therefore, communion is exactly what was passed on by Jesus to his Apostles at the last supper.
Unlike the Protistants who have made a mockery of it by watering it down and therefore trashing it.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Given half a chance, all the religions of the would lead
humanity to a glittering new, 12th century...
The way things are going in the world at present, it won't be long before we are back to BC and the first few Hundred years of AD., and paganism will again rule the earth.
For your benifit Grunthos, most of the top athiests have said that although they dont believe in God they are certain than Western Religions have had a benificial effect on Western Society.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The way things are going in the world at present, it won't be long before we are back to BC and the first few Hundred years of AD., and paganism will again rule the earth.
For your benifit Grunthos, most of the top athiests have said that although they dont believe in God they are certain than Western Religions have had a benificial effect on Western Society.
Quote them please

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We all have our faith (tested, or tempted) by Satan, I have to fight it several times a day myself.
But doubt in the existence of God? Or going against God‘s teachings? I’m not having a go at your beliefs..just genuinely curious..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hawkins Einstien just of the top of my head.
Perhaps you should find out and name the top sientists who have said that Religion has been deterimental to Western Societies
I'm not sure that Hawking ever said that Religion was a good thing. I know he was respectful of religion, but quite often he stated that humans have no need for God.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure that Hawking ever said that Religion was a good thing. I know he was respectful of religion, but quite often he stated that humans have no need for God.
In a way what Hawkins said is true, when people become afluent the very often turn away from God, simply because believing in God becomes a burden so they don't need Him any more.
It's the poor, the sick who are much more likely to practice some form of faith.
However I have often seen afluent people who had nothing to do with God religion or a Church all their lives, turn to God on their death bed, and who do they then call on "God's representive," a Priest, Paster Minister or whatever you want to call him/her.
I believe that the Christians who practice their faith fervently are the people who have absorbed Christ and his teachings deep in their hearts, even if they didn't really need too.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In a way what Hawkins said is true, when people become afluent the very often turn away from God, simply because believing in God becomes a burden and they don't need Him any more.
It's the poor, the sick who are much more likely to practice some form of faith.
However I have often seen afluent people who had nothing to do with God religion or a Church all their lives, turn to God on their death bed, and who do they then call on "God's representive," a Priest, Paster Minister or whatever you want to call him/her.
Hawking was more talking about defining the Universe. He was saying that you don't need to use God as an excuse for existence because science has covered it well enough. But our understanding is in its infancy.

His exact words were:

"Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist. It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going"

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Got communion in bed a few times myself, but most of my time their was spent getting treatment, while living in the Hospitol units at the rear. The walk to the oncology section was a night mare having to stop 5-6 times in about 200 hundred meters., no energy due to the treatment.
During that time I went to at least 4 Chapples for daily Mass. Of the 4 Chapples 1 is near the private Hospitol enterance, 1 is near the public Hospitol enterance, 1 is in the Palative Care section, and one is in the Garden.
I've been to Orthodox Churches myself to, was told that it's ok to receive Communion in a Orthodox Church, because the Eastern Churchs had never broken away from the line of anointed Priests and therefore, communion is exactly what was passed on by Jesus to his Apostles at the last supper.
Unlike the Protistants who have made a mockery of it by watering it down and therefore trashing it.
I love the garden chapel and the public section one is really nice.

PS St Vincent's still give me communion as an Orthodox and my Orthodox church doesn't mind my wife receiving communion even when she is Maronite Catholic.