News Bulldogs footy boss Phil Gould slams 'totally incorrect' Kyle Flanagan report

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs general manager of football Phil Gould has blasted a News Corp report claiming the club had tried to offload halfback Kyle Flanagan and failed.

"Canterbury are set to pay Kyle Flanagan almost $500,000 to play reserve grade as the club has failed to offload the unwanted halfback," the Daily Telegraph reported.

"The Bulldogs have been unable to find a club willing to take Flanagan off its hands and will have to keep him at the club on a reported salary of $450,000.

"Flanagan's kicking game could eventually get him back into the top grade.

"Flanagan is at long odds to start the season in the NRL."

Gould retweeted a Fox League article based on and linking to the Daily Telegraph report, slamming the claim.

"This report is totally incorrect," Gould wrote on Twitter.

"Kyle Flanagan has never been offered to other clubs. Kyle has never been asked to seek another club. As for starting the year in reserve grade, Kyle is one of four NRL-quality halfbacks on our roster. We haven't played a trial game yet."

Flanagan joined the Bulldogs on a three-year deal ahead of the 2021 NRL season after being cut from the Roosters before the end of his contract.

The former Rooster and Shark was benched during the Bulldogs' ninth-round clash with the Dragons and broke down in tears in a press conference while discussing his demotion.

Flanagan only played another four top-grade games after being punted from the team, starting at halfback or five-eighth.

Prized recruit Matt Burton and youngster Jake Averillo are expected to start in the halves for the Bulldogs in the opening round of the 2022 season.
The Bulldogs are a proud club with a rich history stretching back to 1935, but they haven't played finals footy since 2016.

Canterbury have been very active in the transfer market in recent times, securing Burton, Josh Addo-Carr, Brent Naden, Matt Dufty, Paul Vaughan, Tevita Pangai Junior, Josh Cook, Max King and Braidon Burns.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"Kyle Flanagan has never been offered to other clubs. Kyle has never been asked to seek another club. As for starting the year in reserve grade, Kyle is one of four NRL-quality halfbacks on our roster. We haven't played a trial game yet."
It was an interesting read until Kyle is one 4 NRL-quality halfbacks on our roster...

Averillo maybe, BBO potentially..But Wakeham would struggle to get a contract in the NRL and Flanges only hope is if daddy coaches again.

Gus is taking the piss..

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would mat burton have survived in that shit team last 3 years,I doubt it I think he will get a run in the trials and see how he and the others go judge him then.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How to these figures get inflated so much. I’m sure if I could be bothered. There was an article stating that we signed him for 1 mill over 3 years with roosters chipping in 100k for the first year.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Even JMK is a better half than Flanno. We should be getting rid of him asap.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Here;s hoping a bunch of halves go down this year and clubs go into a bidding war for the Flange mid season.
Have you actually seen Kyle play alongside Burton in the opposed sessions?

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
The cheese contract with the Roosters is unsurprisingly nowhere known, it’s fairy dust… but these guys seem to know every contract at our club and the figures skew the wrong way by hundreds of thousands in most cases… muppets.
It's not like they don't do it for every contract they report on. Half of it is player managers feeding them crap so it's like be with me and I will get you the good dollars.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs general manager of football Phil Gould has blasted a News Corp report claiming the club had tried to offload halfback Kyle Flanagan and failed.

"Canterbury are set to pay Kyle Flanagan almost $500,000 to play reserve grade as the club has failed to offload the unwanted halfback," the Daily Telegraph reported.

"The Bulldogs have been unable to find a club willing to take Flanagan off its hands and will have to keep him at the club on a reported salary of $450,000.

"Flanagan's kicking game could eventually get him back into the top grade.

"Flanagan is at long odds to start the season in the NRL."

Gould retweeted a Fox League article based on and linking to the Daily Telegraph report, slamming the claim.

"This report is totally incorrect," Gould wrote on Twitter.

Flanagan joined the Bulldogs on a three-year deal ahead of the 2021 NRL season after being cut from the Roosters before the end of his contract.

The former Rooster and Shark was benched during the Bulldogs' ninth-round clash with the Dragons and broke down in tears in a press conference while discussing his demotion.

Flanagan only played another four top-grade games after being punted from the team, starting at halfback or five-eighth.

Prized recruit Matt Burton and youngster Jake Averillo are expected to start in the halves for the Bulldogs in the opening round of the 2022 season.
The Bulldogs are a proud club with a rich history stretching back to 1935, but they haven't played finals footy since 2016.

Canterbury have been very active in the transfer market in recent times, securing Burton, Josh Addo-Carr, Brent Naden, Matt Dufty, Paul Vaughan, Tevita Pangai Junior, Josh Cook, Max King and Braidon Burns.
The Doom & Gloom from News Ltd Lies UnLtd never ends.
Mark my words it will get worse now Gus is with us,
On field success will shut them up considerably !

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The Doom & Gloom from News Ltd Lies UnLtd never ends.
Mark my words it will get worse now Gus is with us,
On field success will shut them up considerably !
Winning is what we have to defeat the forces of evil against our club.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i just searched an old article
$1 million over 3 seasons
Roosters pitched in $100,000 for the first year
I't obvious The Daily Tellacrap The Australian and Foxtel the Lies UnLtd people don't read their own lies,
They originally reported a 1 million dollars plus for 3 seasons,
You can pick and choose from 1 million and 1 dollar to $1,999,999 ( accurate reporting )
Suddenly they know now it's close to 500k a season ???
According to the original whisperer the deal was 330k a season for 3 seasons, the Rorters paying approximately 100k the first season.
Loyalty & contracts means little these days, but is it a world catastrophe if we try to offload Flanagan ?
I ask Flanagan the question, what does HE values most DOLLARS or career RESURRECTION ???
Lies UnLtd employ Flanagan Snr no introduction needed...That says it all !!!

Last edited: