NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn’t say they were said if they sorted out the defence they could be. Good mix of youth and experience with a really good head coach. Thing letting them down at the moment is their defence and until they fix that they won’t be a contender. But the fact that they have mixed it with teams such as the Bucks and come away with wins suggests that they are closer to being a contender than you seem to think
Their D is horrible. They've needed a center for years. It would help LaMelo even more.. They need a few veterans as well because their team is still too young. If they can address those areas, then in a few years they could be a top 4 team in the East.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good win by the Heat over Phoenix. We are so undermanned it’s not funny but every game the boys keep turning up for each other.
I like Omer Yurtseven.. I've seen him dominate Summer League and Preseason but he's been playing really well for the past 10 or so games.

He was the first rookie to have 15+ rebounds in 4 straight games since Shaq. He had 8 assists yesterday. He can shoot mid rangers a bit and sets great screens. He should keep playing decent minutes even when Bam is back.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Omer Yurtseven.. I've seen him dominate Summer League and Preseason but he's been playing really well for the past 10 or so games.

He was the first rookie to have 15+ rebounds in 4 straight games since Shaq. He had 8 assists yesterday. He can shoot mid rangers a bit and sets great screens. He should keep playing decent minutes even when Bam is back.
Yeah he’s got the Rudy Gobert vibe hahaha. He’s a proper Big man. Where I feel Bam is more of a PF. If Bam can Develop a 3pt shot he’d be deadly at the F position. But yeah Yurtseven can get boards. He’s only 23 still also. We will see how he goes on from here

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah he’s got the Rudy Gobert vibe hahaha. He’s a proper Big man. Where I feel Bam is more of a PF. If Bam can Develop a 3pt shot he’d be deadly at the F position. But yeah Yurtseven can get boards. He’s only 23 still also. We will see how he goes on from here
Bam hasn't developed his jumper much this whole time so I don't think it will happen now. Bam will still get his 30 minutes and Yurt will probably still have a role over Dedmon now as the backup big. He's a great backup to have though..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did anyone else see Ja's chasedown block against the Lakers? His head was above the ring. He's a freakish talent. He does things no other PG can do.

Malla

Reaction score
Lakers need a new coach. They played their best ball while Fizdale was caretaker. I think having Lebron, Russ and AD on the same team you need someone that will tell them to shut the fuck up and play ball which I don't think Vogel is capable of (yes its cultural)

Malla

Reaction score
Did anyone else see Ja's chasedown block against the Lakers? His head was above the ring. He's a freakish talent. He does things no other PG can do.
D rose

Just hope Morant doesn't blow out his legs like D rose. Think they are a lot more advanced with rehab and resting these days so he shouldn't. He is quickly becoming my favourite in the league.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
D rose

Just hope Morant doesn't blow out his legs like D rose. Think they are a lot more advanced with rehab and resting these days so he shouldn't. He is quickly becoming my favourite in the league.
He definitely has similarities to a young D-Rose. He's a better passer and shooter though. D Rose was a more aggressive scorer. Both are unstoppable from getting to the basket whenever they want. Ja has always been one of my favourites since he got drafted.

Malla

Reaction score
He definitely has similarities to a young D-Rose. He's a better passer and shooter though. D Rose was a more aggressive scorer. Both are unstoppable from getting to the basket whenever they want. Ja has always been one of my favourites since he got drafted.
Only referring to his athleticism being similar to Rose.
I hope they continue winning, I just have a feeling they’re going to drop off dramatically after all star. They will burn out.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only referring to his athleticism being similar to Rose.
I hope they continue winning, I just have a feeling they’re going to drop off dramatically after all star. They will burn out.
Yeah I knew what you meant.. I don't think they will drop off if they're healthy. They have a great bench and good role players. Bane and JJJ have improved a tonne. They don't have many stars aside from Ja but they're a balanced team like the Suns are.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Grizzlies have won 10 in a row, just beat the Warriors and were 8-2 without Ja. They're a legit team that most teams won't want to face come playoff time. Ja and that team have no fear

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Sixers and Morey are still holding out and not trading Simmons because they refuse to lower their asking price.

Philly have wasted a season of Embiids prime because they're too stubborn to accept realistic offers. Now they say they still hope that Simmons will rejoin the team. Which will never happen.

Morey and Elton Brand are lucky to still have jobs with how they've fucked this whole situation up.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bulls vs Nets on ESPN right now!

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Sixers and Morey are still holding out and not trading Simmons because they refuse to lower their asking price.

Philly have wasted a season of Embiids prime because they're too stubborn to accept realistic offers. Now they say they still hope that Simmons will rejoin the team. Which will never happen.

Morey and Elton Brand are lucky to still have jobs with how they've fucked this whole situation up.
Lakers get= Ben Simmons, Tyrese Maxey & Day'Ron Sharpe.

76ers get= Kyrie Irving.

Nets get= Anthony Davis.

Make this trade and let's move on.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Apparently Kyrie Irving can now play home games if he pays a fine every game. 1k for 1st game goes up to 5k for the 5th game then 5k per game after that. Totally worth it!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lakers get= Ben Simmons, Tyrese Maxey & Day'Ron Sharpe.

76ers get= Kyrie Irving.

Nets get= Anthony Davis.

Make this trade and let's move on.
That would be phenomenal and perfect for every team. It would never happen though. It makes too much sense for these greedy ass execs.

Imagine the Nets with AD... He's exactly what they've needed all along.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Apparently Kyrie Irving can now play home games if he pays a fine every game. 1k for 1st game goes up to 5k for the 5th game then 5k per game after that. Totally worth it!
Serious? Did they change the rules? A couple of hundred k is chump change for Kyrie. Huge news for the Nets.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Serious? Did they change the rules? A couple of hundred k is chump change for Kyrie. Huge news for the Nets.
The commentators have said it a few times during the Bulls-Nets game. 5k a game is nothing for Kyrie. He makes over 300k a game.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nets showed the difference in class between them and the Bulls today. No one beats a healthy Nets team for the title.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2-14 for Westbrook as the Lakers lose to Sacramento. Worst trade ever. Now they're trying to offload him and teams aren't interested. This is why you shouldn't let LeBron be GM. He's done this his whole career. Isaiah Thomas was the worst example.