Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fiorentina will want to maximise Vlahović's transfer fee and so, I think a January transfer is unlikely... probably in the summer for about £60 million

Vlahović will not go to Arsenal...
He only has 18 months left on his contract so his value will depreciate every transfer window.

He has been on great form but he will be a risk as you never know if it’s a one season thing with these youngsters. However what gives me confidence in his game is his ability to create space for others which is the signs of an intelligent player. I actually think he would suit every top PL club.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought arsenal were the favourites to sign vlahovic in January
Arsenals chance to get him was last transfer window. Too many super clubs in the running for him now.

Man United, Man City and Juve will definitely be interested in him. PSG will need to replace Mbappe. Barca need a striker if they can free up the money.

It’ll be Haaland and Vlahovic on the market. Both will be sold for 70 million.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fiorentina will want to maximise Vlahović's transfer fee and so, I think a January transfer is unlikely... probably in the summer for about £60 million

Vlahović will not go to Arsenal...
Imagine even more than that? Can't say I've watched him play but by all accounts he sounds the real deal? Lots of clubs interested apparently

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He only has 18 months left on his contract so his value will depreciate every transfer window.

He has been on great form but he will be a risk as you never know if it’s a one season thing with these youngsters. However what gives me confidence in his game is his ability to create space for others which is the signs of an intelligent player. I actually think he would suit every top PL club.
Vlahović is strong on the ball, faster than you would think, a very good finisher (except with headers maybe), he has that predatory instinct of very good/great poachers (most of his goals are within the box), and his progression has been stunning --> two years ago he was a project at Fiorentina... he struggled initially with scoring goals... last season he became a regular and scored a good amount of goals... now he is even better and is a huge transfer target

but Luka Jović is a good example of not letting a season's worth of good form confuse you as to what player you are signing and their worth

Vlahović should sign for Juventus IMO

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Vlahović is strong on the ball, faster than you would think, a very good finisher (except with headers maybe), he has that predatory instinct of very good/great poachers (most of his goals are within the box), and his progression has been stunning --> two years ago he was a project at Fiorentina... he struggled initially with scoring goals... last season he became a regular and scored a good amount of goals... now he is even better and is a huge transfer target

but Luka Jović is a good example of not letting a season's worth of good form confuse you as to what player you are signing and their worth

Vlahović should sign for Juventus IMO
Juve would be a nice step for him. A few years there and then he can chase a bigger club.

However, Juve seem to be in some shit currently and whether they’ll be able to sign him is another story.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juve would be a nice step for him. A few years there and then he can chase a bigger club.

However, Juve seem to be in some shit currently and whether they’ll be able to sign him is another story.
from a footballing perspective then, Juve is a good landing spot for Vlahović at this point in his career... he is in his early 20's, he would stay in Italy which he knows well, he would be in the Serie A title race, play CL regularly etc.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
from a footballing perspective then, Juve is a good landing spot for Vlahović at this point in his career... he is in his early 20's, he would stay in Italy which he knows well, he would be in the Serie A title race, play CL regularly etc.
He is an ambitious lad, leaving a comfortable environment at this age when everything is going for him is brave. Moving to Juve would allow him to experience and understand the expectations that come with playing for a big club.

But the most important thing for him to consider is the next manager he will play under, he needs to position himself under a manager who’s team will create chance after chance. Hence why a move to Arsenal would be a bad move for him.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is an ambitious lad, leaving a comfortable environment at this age when everything is going for him is brave. Moving to Juve would allow him to experience and understand the expectations that come with playing for a big club.

But the most important thing for him to consider is the next manager he will play under, he needs to position himself under a manager who’s team will create chance after chance. Hence why a move to Arsenal would be a bad move for him.
brave is one word for it... Vlahović is also refusing to re-sign with Fiorentina for what would be the highest salary ever paid by Fiorentina to one of its players

by the way, his footballing idol is Zlatan Ibrahimović

Last edited:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine even more than that? Can't say I've watched him play but by all accounts he sounds the real deal? Lots of clubs interested apparently
Luka Jović cost Real about £50 million and Vlahović is at a similar stage of his career... £60 million is fair

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I want Joao Felix, madddd Bobby replacement.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
brave is one word for it... Vlahović is also refusing to re-sign with Fiorentina for what would be the highest salary ever paid by Fiorentina to one of its players

by the way, his footballing idol is Zlatan Ibrahimović
Ibra was acrually the player that came to mind when I saw Vlahovic play for the first time. Big lads that are skillful and seem to play with a certain arrogance.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Luka Jović cost Real about £50 million and Vlahović is at a similar stage of his career... £60 million is fair
I think in the long run Vlahovic will turn out better than Jovic. Jovic seems limited too me, could be an excellent poacher though. I think he would’ve been better off at the other side of Madrid, playing for Atletico.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I want Joao Felix, madddd Bobby replacement.
I cant believe a player with his style of play thought moving to Atletico would be a good idea, he is so technically gifted and needs to be playing under a offensive manager.

Atletico paid 120m for him so youd imagine a club would need to come in with 150m to stand any chance.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Geez Allison makes some comical errors, good keeper
But when he fucks up he really shits the bed
Never seen a top keeper do that on so many occasions

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Come on Ralph do something, you’re down 1-0 to the 2nd last placed team .
Must be the Xmas pudding :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
The covid match postponement manoeuvre so Ralph can “transform” them has backfired on in the 1st half. What a shit half of football.
No excuses really , they are well rested, very well rested and have had ample time for Ralph at the wheel to implement his football philosophy.
Loved the look on Ronaldo’s face with that stray pass late in the half when they were transitioning into attack.
Has anyone seen Bruno?
Let’s see if Ralph can turn this around in the 2nd half

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on Ralph do something, you’re down 1-0 to the 2nd last placed team .
Must be the Xmas pudding :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
The covid match postponement manoeuvre so Ralph can “transform” them has backfired on in the 1st half. What a shit half of football.
No excuses really , they are well rested, very well rested and have had ample time for Ralph at the wheel to implement his football philosophy.
Loved the look on Ronaldo’s face with that stray pass late in the half when they were transitioning into attack.
Has anyone seen Bruno?
Let’s see if Ralph can turn this around in the 2nd half
All that matters is that Man City are 1st. I said on here before Ronaldo was the biggest gimmick of a buy. I told you he’d be useless in the best league in the world. He’s been playing footsies with the softcocks around Europe. Now he’s come to the real league he’s absolutely shit. Man Utds saviour they reckon? Only thing he did was get the club money with jersey purchases. Safe to say he should’ve left his United memories back in the pst when he left.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All that matters is that Man City are 1st. I said on here before Ronaldo was the biggest gimmick of a buy. I told you he’d be useless in the best league in the world. He’s been playing footsies with the softcocks around Europe. Now he’s come to the real league he’s absolutely shit. Man Utds saviour they reckon? Only thing he did was get the club money with jersey purchases. Safe to say he should’ve left his United memories back in the pst when he left.
Mate I’ve also raised the red flags about Ronaldo . He is good to sell jerseys, facial products and be a poster boy of how you can convert a mouth full of teeth that look like Stonehenge into a nice smile .
But from a football perspective he’s really set that team back , all the goals have to be scored by him and nothing else matters.
But some of their fans don’t see this, they just make up excuses.
The latest excuse is that the players contracted a new virus called Pudding21 . This virus is specific to just the Xmas period and only affects Man Utd players .

Last edited:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a lot of problems with the United squad before even getting to CR7

De Gea is a great keeper, a great shot stopper, but lacks the control and kicking game of other great modern day keepers (Neuer, Alisson, Ederson) which is important when playing the ball out from the back... if Maguire wasn't English, the world's most expensive defender and didn't have the captain's armband, he'd have been dropped after the Leicester game --> hard to remember as diabolical a run of form from a CB at a big club as Maguire this season... Lindelof is soft and bad in the air... Dalot cannot defend, Wan Bissaka can't attack... Shaw's decision making and conditioning is a problem... McTominay and Fred are simply not good enough to be starting CMs for United because their only attributes (running, positioning, workrate) are off ball --> as soon as they get the ball, it's all sideways, rudimentary, or sh*t the bed... Rashford and Greenwood are selfish, glory hunting footballers --> head down, blinkers on and just try and score a goal --> pretty much CR7 wannabes without the talent and determination... Fernandes is wasteful... Sancho has not fit in as yet... Martial wants out... Van de Beek must suck on the training paddock considering how little his managers rely on him etc.