Wakeham to wear number 7

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
will be playing 9 predominantly not sure this is ideal long term? what about '23 when Mahoney's here an 80 minute player..
My question is If he is a halfback..when do we "blood" him?
Mate thats the worry... If they are seriously thinking Avo and Burton will be the halaves and now Mahoney is coming we can seriously consider losing a great prospect.

The only thing I can see is shifting Avo to FB or even into the centres to accommodate BBO...

Where and when do u blood him? My opinion wait for the puzzle pieces to fall.

All depends on how Dufty goes at FB, and if Avo sinks or swims at 7 in a good team. I can see Avo getting injured, BBO coming off bench and taking his opportunity forcing coaches to make a call on Avo.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flanagan hasn’t even had a crack with the first grade boys today they had a opposed session with numbered jerseys. Flanagan and Corey Allan and Wakeham lines up with the reserve graders.

Averillo was 7 and burton was 6

Other notables were Max king playing in the middle on the a grade side with Vaughn
Been like that all pre season... Wakes/Flanno/Topine and all the kids have been wearing the red bib.. red bib means reserves.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flanagan hasn’t even had a crack with the first grade boys today they had a opposed session with numbered jerseys. Flanagan and Corey Allan and Wakeham lines up with the reserve graders.

Other notables were Max king playing in the middle on the a grade side with Vaughn
King and Vaughan surprisingly impressive.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Been like that all pre season... Wakes/Flanno/Topine and all the kids have been wearing the red bib.. red bib means reserves.
Is Topine playing lock?

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do realise Jake is only 21 and you're talking about moving him on already :tearsofjoy:
And he will be 22 in 2022 and so far has not cemented a position or really shown any consistency at 7.

so like I said he has a season to prove his value to the side and if he can’t do that by the end of 2022 I think it’s time to let him go.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

My superleague source reckons that Flanagan could still be let go and head overseas by season starts fingers cross it happens

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
yep King could be one of the bargain buys of the season. Thought he looked very promising during his time at the Titans years ago. Rarely sighted since at the Storm, injuries??
King was out for over a year with an achilles injury, copped it sometime in 2020 and didn't play at all last year from memory.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Every other club needs development but if we throw in a 20 year old into 1st grade and if he can't play then sack him lol
Aye. There's nothing wrong with him going back to reserve grade if need be and working on his game or developing in another role. Plenty of players have done that and made a career in the NRL.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
King was out for over a year with an achilles injury, copped it sometime in 2020 and didn't play at all last year from memory.
Yeh thought there was something long term there..Gus just said great kid Max King looks like a real Bulldog and i dont think he meant appearance wise lol

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
ok let’s chuck burto into reserve grade also cos he’s only 21 and we don’t wanna ruin his development by exposing him to first grade
Yep because that's exactly what my context was and we're comparing apples to apples right?

Ffs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeh thought there was something long term there..Gus just said great kid Max King looks like a real Bulldog and i dont think he meant appearance wise lol
He also done that bad hip drop on I think Lawrie and got a suspended for a while. But yh he might be a decent option off the bench if he can hold himself together, probably ahead of Ava I guess.