The Football Thread (For all Football/Soccer talk)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Arsenal doing well after dropping the skip. Fucking rollercoaster they are and can't believe they're 4th!

Shows what a massive massive drop off there is from the top 3, and how far teams like Arsenal, Leicester and West Ham have to go to even talk about a title race.

Is going to really interesting battle for 1st and 4th

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Arsenal doing well after dropping the skip. Fucking rollercoaster they are and can't believe they're 4th!

Shows what a massive massive drop off there is from the top 3, and how far teams like Arsenal, Leicester and West Ham have to go to even talk about a title race.

Is going to really interesting battle for 1st and 4th
I reckon its out of united and arsenal for fourth now. west ham need signings in January to even be considered for 4th spot , they cant keep relying on antonio up front

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree some of these epl refs have been shocking the last few wks
Honestly makes me question why we have VAR at all? Just a terrible decision.

Arsenal are interesting though, no? Before the Liverpool game I was signing your praises. Then you plummetted. NOw, a revival. Get a bit of consistency and who knows?

Just need to invest in youth rather than these overpaid hasbeens.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon its out of united and arsenal for fourth now. west ham need signings in January to even be considered for 4th spot , they cant keep relying on antonio up front
Yeah. Have to agree with that mate. Thuogh, West Ham and Leicester really cant' be written off. Both have decent managers with more experience that Arsenal & United.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly makes me question why we have VAR at all? Just a terrible decision.

Arsenal are interesting though, no? Before the Liverpool game I was signing your praises. Then you plummetted. NOw, a revival. Get a bit of consistency and who knows?

Just need to invest in youth rather than these overpaid hasbeens.
I think we play heaps better without aubameyang in the team I'd even consider selling him in January , also agree whats the point of var if they still get it wrong

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Always remember him getting sent off against Liverpool tho. Torres putting him on his arse. Always thought Rio was much better
I think he got sent off in his last game against Liverpool, under Moyes.

But he was a warrior, he would put his head in places that others wouldn’t dare. He did get exposed a few times but that’s normal considering the style he played. He shut down some of the best strikers in Europe.

I’ll never forget the tackle on Kyle Walker, Vidic sent him 3 feet into the air.

Rio was a Rolls Royce of a defender, he oozed class.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah. Have to agree with that mate. Thuogh, West Ham and Leicester really cant' be written off. Both have decent managers with more experience that Arsenal & United.
Rodgers is the ultimate bottle job. I’d never fear a team he coached in a race for top 4 or the league.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he got sent off in his last game against Liverpool, under Moyes.

But he was a warrior, he would put his head in places that others wouldn’t dare. He did get exposed a few times but that’s normal considering the style he played. He shut down some of the best strikers in Europe.

I’ll never forget the tackle on Kyle Walker, Vidic sent him 3 feet into the air.

Rio was a Rolls Royce of a defender, he oozed class.
He got sent off twice from memory?

Remember Stevie G talking about how Liverpool always thought that they could get at Vidic and proved it right.

Good defender but Rio was a good deal better imo

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Remember Stevie G talking about how Liverpool always thought that they could get at Vidic and proved it right.

Yeah two from what I can remember. Gerrard had two against us as well.

Thinking back to the end of Gerrards time at Liverpool, it really wasn’t pretty. The red card in his last game against us, the 6-1 against stoke in his last ever game, the slip the season prior.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Thinking back to the end of Gerrards time at Liverpool, it really wasn’t pretty. The red card in his last game against us, the 6-1 against stoke in his last ever game, the slip the season prior.
Haha thought we were talking about Vidic mate? ;)

Stay on topic!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haha thought we were talking about Vidic mate? ;)

Stay on topic!
HAHAHA

Vidic is top 5 centre backs of the premier league era.

Vidic, Rio, Terry, Campbell and Adams. In no particular order. Stam was the best out of the lot but didn’t play in the premier league for long enough.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always remember him getting sent off against Liverpool tho. Torres putting him on his arse. Always thought Rio was much better
Ferdinand won 6 Premier Leagues to Vidić's 5 titles but he also signed for United 3 and a half years before Vidić... otherwise, their trophy hauls are similar... Ferdinand made 2 more PFA EPL teams of the year with 6 to Vidić's 4 but two of those were before Vidić transferred to the EPL --> Ferdinand in fact debuted in the EPL a full decade before Vidić transferred to United... otherwise, Vidić was twice EPL Player of the Year who along with Henry and CR7 are the only players to win it more than once... Ferdinand never won it... Vidić made 2 FIFA World XIs, Ferdinand 1... both were selected for the fantasy XIs for the EPL 20 Seasons Awards (Vidić by public selection, Ferdinand by panel selection)... both have an EPL Player of the Month award... Ferdinand was selected to 1 European Sports Media team of the year, Vidić 3 times... Vidić was Manchester United's Matt Busby as well as Players Player of the Year in 2009, Ferdinand won neither... Vidić was captain of the club ahead of the likes of Ferdinand, Rooney, Carrick, Evra etc... more clean sheets

you are remembering a couple Liverpool games vs United... nothing more

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAHAHA

Vidic is top 5 centre backs of the premier league era.

Vidic, Rio, Terry, Campbell and Adams. In no particular order. Stam was the best out of the lot but didn’t play in the premier league for long enough.
Sol Campbell is underrated, a great CB... Adams was an old school, tough CB, a great leader but a bit limited technically... people sleep on how great Desailly was but his greatness was cemented before coming to Chelsea with Marseille, AC Milan and France... I have time for Kompany and the only real wobbles from City have come when they couldn't get a reasonably good CB partner and then forgot to replace him when he went back to Anderlecht... VVD needs time but will be in the conversation when all is said and done

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

name ONE Liverpool player outside of Fernando Torres that got at Vidic? and that was two games only

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

"I'm one of the few who felt Gerrard was not a top, top player."
- Alex Ferguson