Wakeham to wear number 7

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we have to find a spot for averillo and bbo. I think the best way forward for team balance would be:

3/4: averillo
7: wakeham
14: bbo

by all accounts wakeham has pulled his finger out at training so deserves to be there. I thought he went alright in a few games towards the back end. If he doesn’t perform one of the other two steps up and at least this way they have been playing regular games so it shouldn’t be as big of an ask for them

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If true finally averillo will play in his correct position. His best attribute is his running game can see him having a great season. Wakeham is our best option in the halves with BBO of the bench as utility, consistent game time and allowing him to develop chemistry with the side will make him a better player.

And I have to say this. If round one comes and flannagans names on the team list Barrerts hopeless.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe BBO should get first shot at 7. Wakeham has had plenty of chances and never shown much. If he's pulled the finger out it's because he knows if he doesn't perform next year he's looking for another job (off contract). I'd rather Wakeham than Flanagan though.

Yes Averillo is a back 100%, not a half. If he can improve his defence and play centre it would be good.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I believe BBO should get first shot at 7. Wakeham has had plenty of chances and never shown much. If he's pulled the finger out it's because he knows if he doesn't perform next year he's looking for another job (off contract). I'd rather Wakeham than Flanagan though.

Yes Averillo is a back 100%, not a half. If he can improve his defence and play centre it would be good.
What do you mean improve his defence ? His D was sensational this year, and if at centre is only one spot further out.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Wakeham has played 21 first grade games, 7 of those have been from the bench.

If we're going to be fair dinkum about giving guys a chance with a more quality around, then he deserves the same consideration. He's the most polished option at 7 we have for 22.

Last edited:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pfft, Averillo is seen training in a position other than 7, therefore he is not 7. It's not like footy clubs have to think about injuries during the season and during games that require shuffling players around. Obviously a terrible idea to make sure a decent portion of your playing roster is at least passingly familiar with multiple roles.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

These past 3 years we've been forced to throw wakeham and averillo in the deep end, ie first grade halves without a season of Canterbury cup under their belt.

So why would you think doing the same thing with BBO is going to work out for us?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
These past 3 years we've been forced to throw wakeham and averillo in the deep end, ie first grade halves without a season of Canterbury cup under their belt.

So why would you think doing the same thing with BBO is going to work out for us?
I see your point and your possibly right, though i think BBO is potentially better than Wakeham as a halfback and Avo isn't really a half? so while it may work but yes has risk(s)