The Football Thread (For all Football/Soccer talk)

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A debate ive seen come up a few times recently has been Salah v Henry and how had the greater impact on the PL. Would be interested to see what people on here think.

Personally, I think Henry was the better player and had more to his game but statistically their numbers are a lot closer than first thought. Salah needs another league title to truly be in the conversation as well as a few more individual awards.
Henry was just another level, his creativeness, speed, ball control
Wow
I loved him

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well he is the reason why I adopted an EPL team...
The wrong one!

Henry was sublime though. SOme of the stuff he did!

Let's wait and see what happens with Salah because he's got a good 5 years or so left in him at least. Hard to judge before his career is over.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Who knows mate. Who knows.

All I'll say is it was an absolute pleasure to watch Henry play. Sublime footballer.
PS I'm not hating on Salah, he is top player, just not on Henry's level.

But it would be awesome to see him try.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The wrong one!

Henry was sublime though. SOme of the stuff he did!

Let's wait and see what happens with Salah because he's got a good 5 years or so left in him at least. Hard to judge before his career is over.
Salah needs a crown jewel moment. These debates are subjective and to be a player who sees their legend grow even after their career you need a moment that gets played time and time again. Rooney’s bicycle against City, Agueros title winning goal etc

His stats are otherworldly though, and he has taken it to another level this season. Will get player of the season and probably golden boot as well which will only help his cause.

Until this season I had him behind Suarez, but now he is second to only Gerrard as the best Liverpool player in the 21st century.

I wonder how he will age, I cant see him sustaining this style of play into his mid 30s.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am always surprised that Vidić is so easily dismissed when people discuss great EPL CBs and players

Last edited:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am always surprised that Vidić is so easily dismissed when people discuss great EPL CBs and players
Vidic was actually on my list before I trim it down and stuck with the traditional names such as Terry and Rio. Vidic's form between 2008-2011 was the best ive seen from any centre back in my life time. He was a true warrior.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hard man, great CB
Forwards and genuine fear for him, as they knew how hard he went
I’d have Him and Jaap stam for sher fear factor lol, imagine the poor bastards trying beat them

As Daniel day Lewis said, “there will be blood”

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Vidic was actually on my list before I trim it down and stuck with the traditional names such as Terry and Rio. Vidic's form between 2008-2011 was the best ive seen from any centre back in my life time. He was a true warrior.
Always remember him getting sent off against Liverpool tho. Torres putting him on his arse. Always thought Rio was much better

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Six months after joining Barcelona in a high-profile transfer, Sergio Aguero has retired from football because of a heart condition.