Preseason watch: pictures, videos, info for the 2022 preseason

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for that.. would you know when and what time..
Generally training at Peter Moore fields everyday between 12pm and 3pm depending on weather, If its hot they will do a morning sess.

You can just stroll up take a seat and watch the boys go through some drills, can even sneak in a chat.

I tried to get some videos and docos for TK but didnt want to be that annoying fan... If i get a hold of Gus ill let him know there is whole bunch of Fanatics on TK that want MORE!!!

cenz1111

Waterboy
Reaction score
Generally training at Peter Moore fields everyday between 12pm and 3pm depending on weather, If its hot they will do a morning sess.

You can just stroll up take a seat and watch the boys go through some drills, can even sneak in a chat.

I tried to get some videos and docos for TK but didnt want to be that annoying fan... If i get a hold of Gus ill let him know there is whole bunch of Fanatics on TK that want MORE!!!
You are a legend... thank you so much..

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes both him and Thompson are staying (my feeling).
I hope so. I understand that they may be our best candidates to unload given they would demand attention from other clubs and are both on overs but I really want to see how they perform week to week next season.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope so. I understand that they may be our best candidates to unload given they would demand attention from other clubs and are both on overs but I really want to see how they perform week to week next season.
They are not on a lot of "overs" (if any) and any clubs interested would want us to contribute to reduce that to below "overs", simply because they want a bargain, a win out of taking them off our hands. Even more so if it's a club that thinks they can get players for below market because of their attraction. We could easily end up moving on, say, a $500K player that we are paying $600k for now and having to contribute $200k so that we can only afford a $400k player to replace them.

Co payments really only work when the player is on massive overs, $300k plus. I just don't see the value in moving on a player who is on minimal overs (at best), it's just not good Cap management.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how many opposing teams/coaches either send spies to training, or look for clues in media releases by other clubs.

That could be why they are keeping content on the down low.

I do recall a few years back I think it was Souths and Roosters had a tiff over spying on training sessions.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many opposing teams/coaches either send spies to training, or look for clues in media releases by other clubs.

That could be why they are keeping content on the down low.

I do recall a few years back I think it was Souths and Roosters had a tiff over spying on training sessions.
I dont think they would bother - game videos would tell them so much.

Keeping a lid on expectation particularly the expectations of less experienced players might be a reason for minimising content

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They are not on a lot of "overs" (if any) and any clubs interested would want us to contribute to reduce that to below "overs", simply because they want a bargain, a win out of taking them off our hands. Even more so if it's a club that thinks they can get players for below market because of their attraction. We could easily end up moving on, say, a $500K player that we are paying $600k for now and having to contribute $200k so that we can only afford a $400k player to replace them.

Co payments really only work when the player is on massive overs, $300k plus. I just don't see the value in moving on a player who is on minimal overs (at best), it's just not good Cap management.

Always a Bulldog
Once a Bulldog on overs...Always a Bulldog on overs!

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
I think the club knows that which is why they are both still here. I don't think the club is in a position where they need to free up cap space for 2021 but they most likely do for 2022. Ideally we would move on Allan and Flanagan but given their poor 2021 seasons there probably isn't any interest in those two.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who’s the lad at 00:39
Kid looks like he moves well!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I finally remember who Brent Naden reminds me of, it's Curtis Rona.
Big, tall and athletic. Lets hope he can bust tackles and find the try line like Rona. Let's go Brent!
I want Naden to fall somewhere between Lolesi and Vagana on the right edge