Movie Discussion

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So, i recently watched the Paw Patrol movie.

Based upon the long running TV show, it tells the story of a 10 year old Canadian orphan, Ryder, who i can only gather received a pretty big life insurance policy or had some serious benefactors out there, running a multi-billion dollar rescue operation involving six talking dogs, a massive semi and a skyscraper tower.

So, instead of the usual shenanigans in Adventure Bay, the movie takes us to Adventure City, which despite me watching about a million episodes of the TV, i have never heard this place mentioned. But somehow, the former mayor of Foggy Bottom and someone who has never been prosecuted despite committing many crimes over the years including car theft and kidnapping, Mayor Humdinger, has somehow won the mayoral election unopposed in Adventure City, and of course,e you know he's going to fuck up enough for Ryder and his team of mighty pups to relocate to save the day. Somehow a new Paw Patrol rescue tower has been built in i'm guessing a few days in Adventure City, funded apparently by merchandise sales.

There are some more serious moments, including an exploration of Chase's back story from when he was rescued as an abandoned pup in Adventure City by Ryder, and how he overcomes his fears of the big city. And we are introduced to a streetwise, but annoying AF mongrel named Liberty, who weasels her way into the gang. At least we din't have to put up with that annoying and stupid Mayor Goodway or Daring Fucking Danny X.

Anyway, i'm going to give it a 6.5/10. My 3 year old seemed to love it, but what the hell would he know?
Rubble us my favourite lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Has anyone seen Nitram? It's about Martin Bryant and the Port Arthur massacre.. It won the Palm D'or at Cannes. It's on Stan at the moment.. Same director as Snowtown..

It's really good. It's really well directed and there are great performances. It's more about the lead up to Port Arthur..

Some people complained because it makes you feel sorry for a mass murderer. I disagree because it just gave more context and showed how easily someone who has mental health problems, feels marginalised and how certain events in their life can make someone like him snap.. Still doesn't excuse what he did. But it's an interesting insight nonetheless..

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For fans of Paul Thomas Anderson (Boogie Nights, Magnolia, There Will Be Blood) he has a new movie coming out on Boxing Day called Licorice Pizza which looks really good..

It's a kind of querky romance story set in the San Fernando Valley in the 70's. Has the look of Boogie Nights mixed with Punch Drunk Love.

I can't wait to see it as he's one of my favourite directors even though I thought Inherent Vice was horrible and The Phantom Thread was only okay.. This looks more like his earlier films..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched this the other day. I enjoyed the first movie even though everyone else hated it. This movie wasn't as good as the first. It was alright but just didn't have much to it. The plot was boring, the writing was average. But the action was great and Venom is still excellent.

I'm not sure what it is about these movies that lacks. I think it may be that they're just not adventurous enough. After we've had massive amounts of Marvel movies going to the extreme, the Venom movies are just basic stories. 15 years ago they would have been rated as the most amazing comic book movies. Now they're just average.

All that said, I do love the Venom character. Complete anti-hero who massacres people. And the ending heavily hints that Venom will be in the next Spider-man movie.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched the new James Bond film, No Time to Die.. It was Daniel Craig’s last film as 007.. I quite enjoyed it, and I’m not a big Bond fan.. However, the story was engaging, and the finale was emotional. 7/10

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watched this the other day. I enjoyed the first movie even though everyone else hated it. This movie wasn't as good as the first. It was alright but just didn't have much to it. The plot was boring, the writing was average. But the action was great and Venom is still excellent.

I'm not sure what it is about these movies that lacks. I think it may be that they're just not adventurous enough. After we've had massive amounts of Marvel movies going to the extreme, the Venom movies are just basic stories. 15 years ago they would have been rated as the most amazing comic book movies. Now they're just average.

All that said, I do love the Venom character. Complete anti-hero who massacres people. And the ending heavily hints that Venom will be in the next Spider-man movie.
SPOILER ALERT
The after credits scene was epic though.. seeing him be focused on Spider-Man

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dune anyone?

I loved it. But obviously lots missing from the book.
A friend saw it yesterday and said: Bloody excellent. It was close to perfect.

But he's into those sorts of films, where I'm probably not.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dune anyone?

I loved it. But obviously lots missing from the book.
I don't know anything about Dune but watched the movie and maybe it's because I knew nothing about it's history/context but I found Dune so boring to watch and it just dragged on for me personally. It felt like a really bad Star Wars copy cat.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched the new James Bond film, No Time to Die.. It was Daniel Craig’s last film as 007.. I quite enjoyed it, and I’m not a big Bond fan.. However, the story was engaging, and the finale was emotional. 7/10
I'm not a fan of the Daniel Craig Bond movies. but this one was great, enjoyed watching it, found it a bit disappointing that they killed off Bond though and left it open for other characters to play Bond.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the Daniel Craig Bond movies. but this one was great, enjoyed watching it, found it a bit disappointing that they killed off Bond though and left it open for other characters to play Bond.
How does he die?

PS is Idris Elba taking over? I love that ****.

PPS my fav 007 was Roger Moore.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How does he die?

PS is Idris Elba taking over? I love that ****.

PPS my fav 007 was Rodger Moore.
Bro I'm laughing at your post because I just realised I gave a major spoiler away!!!!!

Idris Elba is fucking legendary, he would make a great Bond, Superman or Batman. But no the new Bond isn't Idris