Official Dogs snare Kikau in major signing coup

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I can say tomorrow lol

But The rumours floating around are true, we have been shopping them around but with no luck. Parra do want Cotric but we are pushing Allen on them.
I'd give them Cotric for Mahoney...even if we have to pay some freight
I think Allen will sign with the Dolphins but that means we'll be stuck with him for this year
Kyle is the big worry because nobody is going to be stupid enough to sign him. Only hope is Flanno Snr gets a gig in the UK
We're doing great in our rebuild so far but getting rid of those 2 duds would be almost as good as signing a gun

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’d have to agree with this. Elliot was inflated so was Hoppa who was one of Des’ backed ended inflated deals. So was Napa on way more than he should of been on. Not to mention DWZ’s half salary we have saved and a host of others like S.Katoa, Meaney, Lewis and a shit load more that we offloaded. Also you have Tui Katoa and John Asiata who would most likely not be part of the squad for well documented reasons. And I forgot to mention Ogden and Atoni as well who are gone. We’ve cleared out shit loads.
Most people look at the duds we dropped and associate lower wages to suit their abilities. All of them were over-paid, some grossly over-paid.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just seen One of the dumb fucking Eels supporters reckon Flanagan is on 800k they where discussing the fact that we are over the cap hahahaha
I LOVE the fact that opposition fans hate us again because that's when you know we are on the right track. Apparently, we have stolen the Rorter's sombrero

There was nothing worse than when opposition fans were taking pity on us...now that pity has turned to jealousy and hate. That means we're back baby. Bring it on

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8. Thommo
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. TPJ
12. Kikau
13. Jackson

Name a better forward pack
Cook is really an unknown at this stage. If his passing isn’t crisp and he doesn’t get the forwards running onto the ball at speed then the forward pack won’t be as effective as they can be. It all starts with the hooker, let’s hope he or whoever plays at 9 delivers

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Starting to come around to the thought of jake staying in the halves with genuine threats around him and burton.
With tpj and kikau as weapons outside them we will see avo have a much more dangerous running game, which is his best trait. Gus and Barrett are giving our juniors the tools they need to succeed
Yes our middle will be more dominant, more strike on the edges, more support in the spine...it's fair to judge him this season. I do feel we might run out with someone else in the 7 though, just as long as it isn't Flanagan :tearsofjoy:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes our middle will be more dominant, more strike on the edges, more support in the spine...it's fair to judge him this season. I do feel we might run out with someone else in the 7 though, just as long as it isn't Flanagan :tearsofjoy:
Flanagan, based on what he showed this year is the least talented of the halves available - important to remember that BBO went from playing halves in Flegg to hooker in first grade - no NSW cup at all - and look like a natural footy player. Patolo only had a couple of games off the bench in NSW cup before playing fg. Alamoti has only played one Flegg game on the wing - lots of improvement in all three.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I wish I can say tomorrow lol

But The rumours floating around are true, we have been shopping them around but with no luck. Parra do want Cotric but we are pushing Allen on them.
If we sign Mahoney an Allan trade to get him for 2022 would be so good and would be ultimate power move from us

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Flanagan, based on what he showed this year is the least talented of the halves available - important to remember that BBO went from playing halves in Flegg to hooker in first grade - no NSW cup at all - and look like a natural footy player. Patolo only had a couple of games off the bench in NSW cup before playing fg. Alamoti has only played one Flegg game on the wing - lots of improvement in all three.
Flanagan is shocking, only seems to have support play and goal kicking going for him but even then Jake is as good a support player with far more pace and his goal kicking isn't too bad. Flanagan just seems totally obsolete right now and his performances in reserve grade have really turned me off him.

BBO looks like a hooker to me in the current game, just think his low to the ground build and explosive pace is really suited to the hooking role right now. Could be just as lethal in the halves also I guess. Patolo looks solid, Alamoti surely starts the year in reserves but everyone at the club seems to be talking him up right now..

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Young and lots of improvement in all three this is the best time for them with experience and rep players around them. That’s how they develop in an environment that we’re building, not like past years how they get thrown in the deep end to carry most of the load.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flanagan is shocking, only seems to have support play and goal kicking going for him but even then Jake is as good a support player with far more pace and his goal kicking isn't too bad. Flanagan just seems totally obsolete right now and his performances in reserve grade have really turned me off him.

BBO looks like a hooker to me in the current game, just think his low to the ground build and explosive pace is really suited to the hooking role right now. Could be just as lethal in the halves also I guess. Patolo looks solid, Alamoti surely starts the year in reserves but everyone at the club seems to be talking him up right now..
I agree - i v seen BBO in the halves in Flegg - he was good, agile but not overly dominant - look far more dangerous in the middle- small number 9s n bigger halves i think is the way the game is going - too easy to isolate smaller players defending wide n on the edge.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s not one thing that Flanagan does that Avo can’t do better. Wakeham has decent moments but in the grand scheme of things, he’s been with us the longest and has shown nothing more than tiny glimpses. BBO didn’t command the ball when he finally got his chance in the halves. He’s still very raw and needs time. No brainer that Averillo is the starting half

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Young and lots of improvement in all three this is the best time for them with experience and rep players around them. That’s how they develop in an environment that we’re building, not like past years how they get thrown in the deep end to carry most of the load.
Yep - i believe that players like Wakeham and Averillo have had their development stifled by playing fg when not quite ready and playing in teams that lack in ability

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree - i v seen BBO in the halves in Flegg - he was good, agile but not overly dominant - look far more dangerous in the middle- small number 9s n bigger halves i think is the way the game is going - too easy to isolate smaller players defending wide n on the edge.
That's the other thing I noticed with BBO, he looks to be reasonably comfortable defending through the middle as he goes low but out on the edge where you're required to go higher he looks in all sorts and is easily bumped off.