Opinion V-Rex 2023!

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what a fucking disgrace honestly.

this Kikau signing reminiscent of Tony Williams coming here under Hasler. This is the type of signing which will put us straight back deep in the muck just as soon as we start to see a glimmer of hope of getting out of it!!i will be giving Gus both barrels on Twitter tonight so stay tuned folks. someone send me Barrett and Warbs Twitter handles also if they exist.

when has lashing out 800 thousand clams on a back rower (and a lazy one at that!) ever been a good idea, especially in a team with an unsettled spine!! what are we thinking here!?

been a pretty good day until I saw this news. good coffee and muffin this morning, and positive thoughts across the board now quickly crushed. If someone gives me lip this afternoon I’ll club them. Bring on another decade of misery if this is an indication of marquee recruitment.

interested in others thoughts on this
U can’t b serious how can u compare t rex,with kikau shits all over him,mate what a forward pack tpj,thommo,jj,kikau heatherington who will get better with the talent around him.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have concerns over the signing but I'd love for him to prove me wrong. On his day no one can stop him. If he plays like that semi consistently and can play big minutes (usually plays 55-60 with Penrith) then it will work out well. If he turns up with a shitty attitude, is lazy and only here for the money like She-Rex was, then it will be a disaster.

Hopefully he's willing to take his game to the next level with us and gets through this season injury free.
My thoughts as well mate. I love watching him when he is on but he can be hard to spot if he is not into a game.

That said, hurtful defence and offence thru the middle sets the backs up and we have lacked respect and fear for a long while now. The thought of playing a pack of mongrels that includes TPJ, Vaughn, Kikau, Thompson, Hetho and Jackson etc will give us that fear factor back.

You can already see what Gus is thinking and planning.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have concerns over the signing but I'd love for him to prove me wrong. On his day no one can stop him. If he plays like that semi consistently and can play big minutes (usually plays 55-60 with Penrith) then it will work out well. If he turns up with a shitty attitude, is lazy and only here for the money like She-Rex was, then it will be a disaster.

Hopefully he's willing to take his game to the next level with us and gets through this season injury free.
well gus said that he will bring players that want to actually play for the jersey and put in

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And for T-Rex being so shit I blame the coach. T-Rex just needed to be told run hard don’t worry about passing. Hasler tried to turn him into a ball playing 2nd tower when he wasn’t.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Reckon they might be banking on Thompson going home next year too, and that would almost pay for Kikau. Hes on good coin. Its like for like.

And yeh its a dumb thread. Comparing Trex to Kikau. fmd.

Dog’n’Bone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You cant teach the uneducated, one of the most stupid posts
steve, no edge forward is worth $800,000 let alone kikau

my concern is we’ve splashed rockstar money on rocks and diamonds forwards with questionable work ethic in kikau and tpj, before we’ve even assembled a decent spine!!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

my concern is we’ve splashed rockstar money on rocks and diamonds forwards with questionable work ethic in kikau and tpj, before we’ve even assembled a decent spine!!
You keep saying $800k how do you know what the real contract value is AND how much of that is third party invested ?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Rocks and diamonds forwards ? :| WTF! where did they put that syringe when you were getting vaccinated my bro ..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

We signed Burton before we signed Vaughan, TPJ or Kikau. So they didn't buy forwards before spine players. Also got Dufty, who i believe is severely underrated here. I predict he's going to make a number of people eat their words next year. I've seen him have Tedesco or Ponga like games. If Barrett can make him play his best more often he's as good as them on his day. He's probably not turbo like though, nobody is.

Spine players worth a damn are much harder to get than good forwards. Especially the positions we want, 7 and 9. Bugger all 7s or 9s are off contract for 2022. Who knows what will happen by 2023.

The only thing easier to get than forwards are centres/wingers. Clubs lock up good spine players when they are identified and only usually shed any good ones if they have too many. Like Penrith and Storm had.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

How do you know the spine hasnt been strengthened and we just dont know about it yet.
I think those that are employed fulltime at the Club know more about what our cap looks like for the next 2-3 years than we do.

Anyways, did you text Gus?

Dog’n’Bone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We signed Burton before we signed Vaughan, TPJ or Kikau. So they didn't buy forwards before spine players. Also got Dufty, who i believe is severely underrated here. I predict he's going to make a number of people eat their words next year. I've seen him have Tedesco or Ponga like games. If Barrett can make him play his best more often he's as good as them on his day. He's probably not turbo like though, nobody is.

Spine players worth a damn are much harder to get than good forwards. Especially the positions we want, 7 and 9. Bugger all 7s or 9s are off contract for 2022. Who knows what will happen by 2023.

The only thing easier to get than forwards are centres/wingers. Clubs lock up good spine players when they are identified and only usually shed any good ones if they have too many. Like Penrith and Storm had.
good forwards are hard to get also. But they’re much easier to get when you’re fiscally irresponsible as we have proven. We’ve now got an array of big boppers on even bigger salaries without properly addressing the spine. We’ve been down this road before and got burnt badly.

our saving grace could be that I think we’ve got a couple of rolls royces in Burton and BBO who could become superstars in key positions. If they do then we’re all good, if they don’t kick on with it I feel like we’re in big trouble

Dog’n’Bone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How do you know the spine hasnt been strengthened and we just dont know about it yet.
I think those that are employed fulltime at the Club know more about what our cap looks like for the next 2-3 years than we do.

Anyways, did you text Gus?
in the DM’s as we speak