Movie Discussion

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
1635715438159.png

A lady assembles a team of thieves, each with their own specialty, to rob 3 European banks.

I actually liked this movie. It's got a few twists and turns in it, and I must say the bad guys play the part really well because you learn to loathe them. It's got funny moments in it too, and set in Western Europe, well... I just loved it :grinning:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 32728

A lady assembles a team of thieves, each with their own specialty, to rob 3 European banks.

I actually liked this movie. It's got a few twists and turns in it, and I must say the bad guys play the part really well because you learn to loathe them. It's got funny moments in it too, and set in Western Europe, well... I just loved it :grinning:
Apparently it's a prequel to Army of the Dead.

I haven't watched either yet, but I heard that Army of the Dead is a terrible movie.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Apparently it's a prequel to Army of the Dead.

I haven't watched either yet, but I heard that Army of the Dead is a terrible movie.
Pretty much. I won't ruin it as such but if you've seen Army of the Dead, then the ending to Army of Thieves makes a lot of sense.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So, i recently watched the Paw Patrol movie.

Based upon the long running TV show, it tells the story of a 10 year old Canadian orphan, Ryder, who i can only gather received a pretty big life insurance policy or had some serious benefactors out there, running a multi-billion dollar rescue operation involving six talking dogs, a massive semi and a skyscraper tower.

So, instead of the usual shenanigans in Adventure Bay, the movie takes us to Adventure City, which despite me watching about a million episodes of the TV, i have never heard this place mentioned. But somehow, the former mayor of Foggy Bottom and someone who has never been prosecuted despite committing many crimes over the years including car theft and kidnapping, Mayor Humdinger, has somehow won the mayoral election unopposed in Adventure City, and of course,e you know he's going to fuck up enough for Ryder and his team of mighty pups to relocate to save the day. Somehow a new Paw Patrol rescue tower has been built in i'm guessing a few days in Adventure City, funded apparently by merchandise sales.

There are some more serious moments, including an exploration of Chase's back story from when he was rescued as an abandoned pup in Adventure City by Ryder, and how he overcomes his fears of the big city. And we are introduced to a streetwise, but annoying AF mongrel named Liberty, who weasels her way into the gang. At least we din't have to put up with that annoying and stupid Mayor Goodway or Daring Fucking Danny X.

Anyway, i'm going to give it a 6.5/10. My 3 year old seemed to love it, but what the hell would he know?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A little teaser for the upcoming Disney+ series Obi Wan Kenobi. It will star Ewan McGregor as the titular character, reprising his role from the Star Wars prequels.

I will give Disney one thing, in reference to their management of the Star Wars Universe.. They may make shit movies, but damn they make good tv series if the Mandalorian is anything to go by. So I have great confidence in this one too.. As I do with the upcoming The Book of Boba Fett..

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone else seen the new James Bond movie?