Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
gee this place goes off early, we havnt even seen Cook play against men yet everyone wants him. He doesnt have alot of speed, im hoping he goes well and solves all our problems, but lets give some time in reserve grade first.
Back up 9 is hardly solving problems champ,cheaper than jmk

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Back up 9 is hardly solving problems champ,cheaper than jmk
if he solves our problems he is starting isnt he, my point no one has even seen him play reserve grade, so it is all pie in the sky stuff

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
gee this place goes off early, we havnt even seen Cook play against men yet everyone wants him. He doesnt have alot of speed, im hoping he goes well and solves all our problems, but lets give some time in reserve grade first.
mate jmk has had 3 years to show something and he has not. Time to move on

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you pronounce his surname ffs?!

Is it Ma-Ho-Nee or…

Mah-nee??

Anyway, back to your discussions
Who cares, for him to come over to the Bulldogs. We should call him whatever he wants. Fingers crossed as we need a hooker.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cook might not be the answer either. For all we know Cook is garbo. Until we see something from him he's behind JMK.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cook might not be the answer either. For all we know Cook is garbo. Until we see something from him he's behind JMK.
Yeah, gotta agree with that. In our desperation for a decent hooker I think people are getting ahead of themselves. Understandable tho of course.

We just need to be patient. If we don't sign someone for the '22 season then we just need to go with JMK to start it off

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well JMK resigned with the club for another 2 years so he ain't going anywhere, missed the first half of this season due to injury and has been playing in amongst an awful pack.

Not saying he's the answer in the hooker role but he's a damn sight better than what we've had in recent years and will provide good back up to whoever we do sign in that position for 2023.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well JMK resigned with the club for another 2 years so he ain't going anywhere, missed the first half of this season due to injury and has been playing in amongst an awful pack.

Not saying he's the answer in the hooker role but he's a damn sight better than what we've had in recent years and will provide good back up to whoever we do sign in that position for 2023.
Spot on

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hi everyone - Reed Mahoney is signed, sealed and delivered. Mark my words. Announcement at the end of next week. I've been told he verbally agreed. HOWEVER, he is going through the cooling off period. Unless something significant happens, we got him over the line :grinning:
I've been informed by someone that is very close to him...

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hi everyone - Reed Mahoney is signed, sealed and delivered. Mark my words. Announcement at the end of next week. I've already leaked Juddah Turihuia and Max King.
HOWEVER, he is going through the cooling off period. Unless something significant happens, we got him over the line :grinning:
Fingers crossed your right

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hi everyone - Reed Mahoney is signed, sealed and delivered. Mark my words. Announcement at the end of next week. I've been told he verbally agreed. HOWEVER, he is going through the cooling off period. Unless something significant happens, we got him over the line :grinning:
didn't the NRL remove the cooling off period ?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought cooling-off period didn't exist anymore?