Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Would be great to get Paulo too. Would give us a potential comp winning forward pack.

Could be possible if that story about a club moving on their captain is true and it's about Jacko. While Jacko is a great defender he offers nothing in attack on an edge or as a middle.

Move on Jacko for 2023, don't re-sign RFM, Stimson or Vaughan.

8 Junior Paulo
9 Reed Mahoney
10 Mavoni Tuifua / Max King / Chris Potalo
11 TPJ
12 Jack Hetherington
13 Luke Thompson
I'd be targeting Corey Horsburgh and keeping Jackson myself. Obviously Paulo better but Horsburgh would be good value. We need to leave it as long as possible to see how Vaughan goes but can't miss out on 23 targets either.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Would be great to get Paulo too. Would give us a potential comp winning forward pack.

Could be possible if that story about a club moving on their captain is true and it's about Jacko. While Jacko is a great defender he offers nothing in attack on an edge or as a middle.

8 Junior Paulo
9 Reed Mahoney
11 TPJ
12 Jack Hetherington
13 Luke Thompson
Haha I would sign Vaughan if he goes well another 2 years and wait for Haas not Paulo

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

8 Junior Paulo
9 Reed Mahoney
11 TPJ
12 Jack Hetherington
13 Luke Thompson
If we won a title I'd feel much better about it if Jacko was hoisting the trophy.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you even considered the possibility that Jackson hasn't been offering much in attached recently because;
1. The whole team has hardly done any attacking for the last couple of years
2. The service he has been getting was trash
3. He does so much work in defence that he doesn't have a lot left for attack
4. In defence he has been covering for some others that shouldn't really have been playing NRL games
5. There has been no one outside of him on the park to draw attention, making him easy pickings for the umbrella defence
6. There has been one inside of him on the park to attract the defence, making him easy pickings for the sliding defence

How about we see how he goes with some decent players around him, then we might just get a better appreciation of his total abilities again (yes again, because I am sure he hasn't forgotten how to attack).

Always a Bulldog

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have you even considered the possibility that Jackson hasn't been offering much in attached recently because;
1. The whole team has hardly done any attacking for the last couple of years
2. The service he has been getting was trash
3. He does so much work in defence that he doesn't have a lot left for attack
4. In defence he has been covering for some others that shouldn't really have been playing NRL games
5. There has been no one outside of him on the park to draw attention, making him easy pickings for the umbrella defence
6. There has been one inside of him on the park to attract the defence, making him easy pickings for the sliding defence

How about we see how he goes with some decent players around him, then we might just get a better appreciation of his total abilities again (yes again, because I am sure he hasn't forgotten how to attack).

Always a Bulldog

Dont waste your energy bro this bradtalo guy is a fish

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was thinking that too bro
This looks to be a celebration dinner / welcome to the club , throwback to how Bullfrog conducted business

Also, didn’t Gus tweet some big news for dogs fans or something of that nature?
Gus loves Reed, Uce.

Wouldn't Be surprised at all if it's already done.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
So im guessing the plan is..

1. Avo
6. Burton
7. BBO
9. Mahoney

Otherwise we can say goodbye to BBO who in my opinion will be better than Mahoney if he chose to be a rake.
No way is Avo getting a run at FB over Dufty otherwise there was no point signing him in the first place.

Yes Avo should have had a go at FB this year while we had nothing better but they never tried it. I suspect he would be great at it but there's no runs on the board in that position giving him a go over Dufty. Dufty did more in 1 game then Avo's whole season. Sad but true.

I don't see a spot in the team for Avo unless Tbaz has something up his sleeve at 14?

Avo needs time in reggies to find whatever game he must have had at one stage, I never saw it.

1. Dufty
6. Burton
7. BBO
9. Mahoney if we get him....

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Straight out, I don't give a rat's arse which one of the Dogs hoists it up.

Strictly business baby...strictly business.
No doubt it would still feel fucking awesome and the game is a business. I just feel he deserves it after wasting his best years with us trying his guts out.