Rumour Brandon smith done deal

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don't think that's the case at all. Cook was the Flegg hooker and captain in 2019 with Mamouzelos on the bench. Cook was also the hooker on the bench in the charity sheild this year with Mamouzelos not in the side.
2019. The Rabbits let Cook's contract run down and prefer Mamouzelos at present. I'm not holding my breath but I hope Cook comes good since JMK isn't the answer for a top 8 team imo. If there was any position to spend big at it is/was hooker.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey Marley I think your new avatar really stinks :grinning:

1636182302708.png

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't think that's the case at all. Cook was the Flegg hooker and captain in 2019 with Mamouzelos on the bench. Cook was also the hooker on the bench in the charity sheild this year with Mamouzelos not in the side.
I’m pretty sure because Peter is much younger

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think gus hoping cook has the goods for alot less and knows we have some young guns like burton and i reckon a couple of surprise packets that will be needing upgrades after next year

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2019. The Rabbits let Cook's contract run down and prefer Mamouzelos at present. I'm not holding my breath but I hope Cook comes good since JMK isn't the answer for a top 8 team imo. If there was any position to spend big at it is/was hooker.
Halfback, Fam. We have BBO, Cook, JMK and Abbrosyev for hooker. I still think BBO looks more like a hooked thsn a half at this stage of his career…. Although that may change. We need a halfback who can organise and take pressure off Burton’s kicking game, not a one dimensional, overpriced hooker who couldn’t kick a car door. Gis apparently rates Cook very highly. There aren’t msny better judges in the game. Namaste.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Halfback, Fam. We have BBO, Cook, JMK and Abbrosyev for hooker. I still think BBO looks more like a hooked thsn a half at this stage of his career…. Although that may change. We need a halfback who can organise and take pressure off Burton’s kicking game, not a one dimensional, overpriced hooker who couldn’t kick a car door. Gis apparently rates Cook very highly. There aren’t msny better judges in the game. Namaste.
The Cheese can't kick, his service out of dummy half is shit and on several occasions Munster roasted him mid game because he was either passing behind the ball recipient or they were having to try and catch the ball above their heads causing breaks in play and momentum losses LOL.
Cheese like most back rowers has a good running and defensive game. How many players that have left the Melbourne system have ever improved or even kept their form?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree Cook looks good and I hope he starts ahead of JMK next year but he's still a "maybe" so if we can get a proven star 9 I think we'd be mad not too especially since we'll have an inexperienced 7 and 6
There is zero chance cooks starts, best he can look for is a reserve spot

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Cheese can't kick, his service out of dummy half is shit and on several occasions Munster roasted him mid game because he was either passing behind the ball recipient or they were having to try and catch the ball above their heads causing breaks in play and momentum losses LOL.
Cheese like most back rowers has a good running and defensive game. How many players that have left the Melbourne system have ever improved or even kept their form?
Exactly, Fam. He’s limited even at a superstar factory like Melbourne. When he leaves, he’ll be average at best. Namaste

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is zero chance cooks starts, best he can look for is a reserve spot
I’ve the funny feeling jmk is first choice. I’ve never seen cook play other than highlights video I’d still like try cook before jmk though, or bbo he looks crafty, quick and seems to have good vision.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Roosters have a spine in 2023 of Tedesco, Keary, Walker and the Cheese + Manu still in the backs they will be close to unbeatable. We should prevent them from getting Cheese and cut whoever we need to to make it happen.

We can't go into 2023 with a bargain basement buy 1, 6, 7 and 9 (Burton was still pretty cheap). What are we doing to improve our spine for 2023 FFS ?
The better teams should be spotting the 2 smallest and poorest defenders in the comp in walker and keary.
I know id be running all the traffic at them especially in thir defensive half.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The better teams should be spotting the 2 smallest and poorest defenders in the comp in walker and keary.
I know id be running all the traffic at them especially in thir defensive half.
I thought walker wasn’t as good as people made out, he’s very young though. IMO BBO will be a better 7 if only he’d get some decent time in the 7

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess we have standards to uphold, maybe there was some substance to the rumours, but guess we pulled out when sniffy consumed that substance?

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Guys with gould, he has plugged most of the leaks.

Be wary of anything the media and others claim as "news".

Gus either misleads the media and lets them do his work or they are just guessing.

I'm not saying Gus is the Dogfather, but he's trying his best to be.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Gus either misleads the media and lets them do his work or they are just guessing.

Gus is the best In the business. He's the fucking ALPHA.

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Its nice to see Gould has plugged most of the leaks and has taken over from Adam Elliot as he use to plug all the holes. Good work Gus!