Rumour Brandon smith done deal

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can't let the Roosters sign him FFS. They already have 2 of the best spine players in Tedesco and Keary. It would be a tragedy to let them get Cheese also.

We need to improve OUR spine 100 times more than they do. F..K THEM

Gould needs to make it happen for us to show his worth.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can't let the Roosters sign him FFS. They already have 2 of the best spine players in Tedesco and Keary. It would be a tragedy to let them get Cheese also.

Don't forget about Walker

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Read is hit and miss that "story" isn't fact based just a guess that could be right or wrong.Obviously their in the mix but i hope it isn't true i'd be pissed off if he went there more than if it was a Qld team for example.

Adding to the Gus comment this is where Hansen must weigh in too(kiwi connection and knows Martin)AND Laundy also with the Tpa's/sweeteners(aka hotel shares)

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A couple of years ago he was usually spot on with his mail but in the last year he's been wrong a fair bit. I'm putting my faith in @sleepy dog who has a 100% strike rate so far. Just wish we could get an update
After he was attacked on here for his trouble?...probably not bothering.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After he was attacked on here for his trouble?...probably not bothering.
It's ok, I'm sure there'll be plenty of others who will do what sleepy does and just repeat what social media has to offer and say its "inside info" lol

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read is hit and miss that "story" isn't fact based just a guess that could be right or wrong.Obviously their in the mix but i hope it isn't true i'd be pissed off if he went there more than if it was a Qld team for example.

Adding to the Gus comment this is where Hansen must weigh in too(kiwi connection and knows Martin)AND Laundy also with the Tpa's/sweeteners(aka hotel shares)
Yes I'd be more pissed if he went to the Roosters than if he stayed with the Storm or went to any other club. I think Fox is a big drawcard for us plus the 100% vacant 9 position. Arthur would have to slip something under the table because as our major sponsor he's not allowed to also do TPAs. He put 100K into Thompson but had to withdraw it after he decided to become our sponsor.

If we miss out on Cheese but get Mahoney I don't think anyone will be too disappointed but I really believe we need to get one of the 2. Api would be 3rd on the list but we're better off going with someone younger to get more years out of them

After 7 years of Lichaa and JMK we f..king DESERVE to have one of the best hookers in the comp.

With Dufty at 1 and Averillo likely at 7 we desperately need a top 3-4 NRL best in their position in the 6 AND 9 jerseys

Last edited:

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One can only dream for 2023...

1 Avo
2 Cotric
3 Naden
4 Schoupp
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 BBO
8 Thompson
9 Smith
10 Patolo
11 Hetherington
12 TPJ
13 Jacko

14 JMK
15 Pope
16 Tuifua
17 Asiata

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes I'd be more pissed if he went to the Roosters than if he stayed with the Storm or went to any other club. I think Fox is a big drawcard for us plus the 100% vacant 9 position. Arthur would have to slip something under the table because as our major sponsor he's not allowed to also do TPAs. He put 100K into Thompson but had to withdraw it after he decided to become our sponsor.

If we miss out on Cheese but get Mahoney I don't think anyone will be too disappointed but I really believe we need to get one of the 2. Api would be 3rd on the list but we're better off going with someone younger
Surely he has some swing with Carlton United or Lion Nathan for a Politis type sponsorship? :grinning:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It is current rumour mill stuff.

THE SYDNEY SIDE FAVOURITE TO SIGN SMITH

“One of the clubs who were interested in Brandon Smith, their e-mail server crashed this week so they actually couldn’t get their offer in,” Read said on Triple M.

“He will have all the offers on the table I’d say at some stage this week, and at some point, he will sit down with Melbourne and we will have some sort of resolution.

“Look at that spine, and the other players they’ve got, and clubs have come in for Smith at around the $800k mark or more, it is going to be really hard for Melbourne to keep Brandon.

“My gut feel is the Roosters; I think they are favorites for him and then I think the Dogs and Titans are probably level pegging for second spot.

“If you look at their spine, Sam Walker and Sam Verrils aren’t on a lot of money so I think they have money up their sleeve.”

Source.

If things are what they appear to be with B. Smith, that he is basically out there to get as big a payday as he can, then he will probably end up at the Chooks. He will be 800-900 on the books but it being the Chooks he'll probs get a lot more.

The stuff about Walker and Verrils is dumb. You could also say "Averillo and Dufty aren't on much". So what? How much room a team has in the cap is based on what they are spending on the entire squad.
Hilarious that he states how 'cheap' their spine is and fails to acknowledge how much Teddy and Keary would be on lol

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Surely he has some swing with Carlton United or Lion Nathan for a Politis type sponsorship?
Or maybe cut a non-alcoholic deal on the table like Coke! :smiley:

Last edited:

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

They still have Verrills who they rate highly. I don’t see Smith signing to play second fiddle to Radley at lock. The retirement of Cordner, Friend and Morris twins means they have spare funds. I think they to focus recruiting on experienced forwards. I reckon we have a good chance as we can build the club around him and Burton.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
A couple of years ago he was usually spot on with his mail but in the last year he's been wrong a fair bit. I'm putting my faith in @sleepy dog who has a 100% strike rate so far. Just wish we could get an update
I think we all bro. Hoping for him to post and tell us not to worry and it’s finally sorted.