What are some memories of your wonder years?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
@Wahesh I called the president and NASA and I still can't find any tang.

Help a brother out

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone remember the days you'd get arrested if you walked into a bank wearing a mask?

These days you'll be arrested if you don't.
An old time wrestler in Sydney that used to wrestle under a mask, took his gimmick to the extreme and totally walked into a bank wearing it, years ago... caused some degree of hysteria at the time.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally Forgot about the cap bombs !!!!!
View attachment 32574View attachment 32575
Episode #97 of 'stupid things we did as kids in the 70's'. Bolt bombs. We used to pack in between two bolts a load of 'the red stuff from matches' and also add in some caps, then join the bolts together with a nut, then throw the thing at a brick wall or the road. One day I threw it as hard as I could on the road outside our house, and it flew back at me at about 200km's an hour hitting me about 2cm above my left eye. And that day, was the day I ended my foray into bolt bombs.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Episode #97 of 'stupid things we did as kids in the 70's'. Bolt bombs. We used to pack in between two bolts a load of 'the red stuff from matches' and also add in some caps, then join the bolts together with a nut, then throw the thing at a brick wall or the road. One day I threw it as hard as I could on the road outside our house, and it flew back at me at about 200km's an hour hitting me about 2cm above my left eye. And that day, was the day I ended my foray into bolt bombs.
Lucky it wasn't fatal. It's a wonder anyone survived those days... lol

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Charlie McMahon, the didgeridoo player of the group Gondwanaland, blew his right arm off tamping down gunpowder from penny bungers, making a pipe bomb when he was a kid.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
LMAO. Bro your Simpsons memory is far more superior than mine.

"Put it in H" - I had to google that one when you mentioned it to me LOL.

The Tang part is when Homer becomes an astronaut and he is calling everyone to find out where he can get some tang lol

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
marbles_000-1.jpg
4.57.59_pm.jpg

Playing marbles was popular during my primary school years. Was pretty good at it, at the time, and have quite a few hundred somewhere. Wonder what they are worth...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
View attachment 32683View attachment 32684
Playing marbles was popular during my primary school years. Was pretty good at it, at the time, and have quite a few hundred somewhere. Wonder what they are worth...
I used to love the galaxy marbles. I can see a couple of them in the first picture you posted. I can still appreciate them today simply for their beauty and what a work of art they are. I wouldn't mind purchasing a packet today if I came across them. Even other marble they have nice colours and just look good I can admire.

s-l1600.jpg