Vintage Australian ice cream/ lollies

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1635216903091.png

I remember my Italian wifes late but awesome Very healthy "sized" grandma at a sunday lunch nearly having a heart attack because somone was trying to pour her a Coke. "nono toomucha sugar, i drinketa Tab".. Sitting in front of her was a plate of pasta big enough to feed a footy team. :tearsofjoy:

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Strawberry Billabong was really good too

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
View attachment 32451

I remember my Italian wifes late but awesome Very healthy "sized" grandma at a sunday lunch nearly having a heart attack because somone was trying to pour her a Coke. "nono toomucha sugar, i drinketa Tab".. Sitting in front of her was a plate of pasta big enough to feed a footy team. :tearsofjoy:

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
View attachment 32451

The taste of TAB was thoroughly hideous from memory.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
View attachment 26425Who remembers these beauties.
No "Drumstick" or "Gaytime" in that chart?

I remember real vintage ice creams like: "Crackle Bats" which were chocolate hearts with rice bubbles in the coating, "Sputniks", and "Wafers" where you took the ice cream from a paper wrapper and put it between two wafers, like a sandwich. "Neopolitan Bars", and penny ice cream cones.

I also remember when ice cream came wrapped in cardboard paper blocks instead of plastic containers.