Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, it was kind of fun while it lasted.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I’ve got my digital wallet now and yeah I went to the pub and they definitely checked it pretty closely so your going to need it I think. Having said that I hope that little picnic culture doesn’t vanish because I had fun the last two weeks. Heaps cheaper as well especially coming into summer.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Usa nearing 100,000 cases a day and 1700 deaths , what's going on there?
This:
AAD56AB8-B179-49B6-BB3D-D9D57D4F0491.jpeg

Despite the larger population, the vaxxed % is too low and everyone is acting like it’s over. The likes of Ron de Santis and Greg Abbott aren’t helping.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regional still lagging behind though due to vaccine being taken from areas to give to Sydney, the fact that vaccine supply was not as good as Sydney and vaccine clinics run for only a few hours a week twice a week early on. Seems that the only stats that matter percentage wise is Sydney and a lot of regional people are nervous that rates are not as high in their areas but Sydney will be able to visit regional before regional rates are up over the 80%...regional cases are in fact going up whilst greater Sydney diminishing...
Not quite right my old mans in regional and some friends too and if you wanted vaccine all you had to do was visit your doctor he was vaccinated 2 months before me and ive been double vaccinated for two months.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it was kind of fun while it lasted.

Good reason to continue not going there for me!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Perrottet confirmed today that 80% relaxing of restrictions will kick in from Monday excluding regional travel which is set back to November 1.

Also confirmed that from November 1, hotel quarantine will be scrapped for NSW. Anyone entering Sydney will need to be double vaxxed and do a PCR test before flying.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Perrottet confirmed today that 80% relaxing of restrictions will kick in from Monday excluding regional travel which is set back to November 1.

Also confirmed that from November 1, hotel quarantine will be scrapped for NSW. Anyone entering Sydney will need to be double vaxxed and do a PCR test before flying.
Hotel guarantine scrapped? Wow. OS visitors no quarantine and just PCR test? Geez could be a worry early on?

I guess no one will care if there's many thousands in the community tho...no control anyway?

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hotel guarantine scrapped? Wow. OS visitors no quarantine and just PCR test? Geez could be a worry early on?

I guess no one will care if there's many thousands in the community tho...no control anyway?
‘they need to be vaxxed , but I thought I heard him say the Word tourists which was a concern , not sure if he is fully opening us up to tourists

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
‘they need to be vaxxed , but I thought I heard him say the Word tourists which was a concern , not sure if he is fully opening us up to tourists
Gonna happen eventually as we "learn to live with Covid" but you don't want the risk of being the early adopter of risky policies that seem to be more driven by economics now than even with Gladys.

Can see all other borders (Qld, WA, Tas, SA, NT) Vic? ACT? remaining closed to NSW even longer if thats NSW policy? All the other States are open to each other, (other than Level 1 areas) except NSW, ACT and Vic, so this could be a concern for them?

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Sounds that way. Considering how prevelant it will be in the community, adding one more case from overseas isn't really going to affect us.

Hotel Quarantine was a terrible idea anyway. So many cases arose from people catching Covid-19 while in hotel quarantine.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. Tourists too. He stated that it's open for all who are fully vaccinated.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sounds that way. Considering how prevelant it will be in the community, adding one more case from overseas isn't really going to affect us.

Hotel Quarantine was a terrible idea anyway. So many cases arose from people catching Covid-19 while in hotel quarantine.
Except for the impact of another introduced variant without much of a control procedure out and about in the community before detection?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Was eventually going to happen, the one thing I find in quite poor taste is that NSW was supplied with vaccines that were originally meant for other states. The annulling of quarantine, at the very least, should have waited until other states had reached, or had the timescale and supply to, the 80% (16+ years of age) fully vaccinated benchmark. Perrottet has scoffed at other states continuing to close their borders to NSW, without the allowance of this 80% benchmark to be achieved by other states, is really really poor.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was eventually going to happen, the one thing I find in quite poor taste is that NSW was supplied with vaccines that were originally meant for other states. The annulling of quarantine, at the very least, should have waited until other states had reached, or had the timescale and supply to, the 80% (16+ years of age) fully vaccinated benchmark. Perrottet has scoffed at other states continuing to close their borders to NSW, without the allowance of this 80% benchmark to be achieved by other states, is really really poor.
Yeah, it was a bit poorly handled. It sounds like Perrottet also didn't discuss this with ScoMo. He is free to scrap quarantine if he wants as it's a state issue, but he said that it's for tourists as well from November 1, and he can't open international borders. That's a federal issue.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
For the new NSW premier to be effectively doing some sort of victory lap, is pretty shit, but its to be expected.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Andrew Hobkirk (@HobkirkAndrew) Tweeted:
@aparachick @MarcTennant NSW full vax rate is 62.5% of total pop, Singapore's is 82.1%. Singapore has a mask mandate for 6 or older outside the home, and the people are complying.

Singapore has over 3,000 new cases a day, their population is about the same as Sydney.

NSW is cruising for a bruising.

Status
Not open for further replies.