Bulldogs As Lethal As Souths Backline

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Burns shouldn't assume he makes our centres.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The biggest difference over our side is D Cook at 9, and until this year Reynolds at 7. If we added a 7 and 9 as good as them 2 for next year we would have a side as good as Souths 2021 side. Not sure yet how Souths go without Reynolds.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The article quotes Burns, not the club or the team, so all those going off about the club/team talking big are making themselves look foolish. It's good to know a new recruit is coming with confidence.

The other interesting thing is that he emphasises the Fox as a player he wants to be on the same team as. Can't remember the last time a winger had the amount of influence and visibility in the context of a team as what Fox is having with us.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's going to be a long offseason with all of the media hype around the team. They need to not believe the hype and do all the hard yards in the preseason and realise that despite the talent coming in, we're still the wooden spooners that haven't proven anything yet. I prefer the media write us off which will give everyone that chip on their shoulder.
Couldn't agree more with this idea. It's good for the players to have confidence. But they're going to need a lot of work to become a cohesive team. Despite our positive recruitment the spine will still be inexperienced and with many new year

The biggest difference over our side is D Cook at 9, and until this year Reynolds at 7. If we added a 7 and 9 as good as them 2 for next year we would have a side as good as Souths 2021 side. Not sure yet how Souths go without Reynolds.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cotric to left centre inside JAC, with Hetherington the edge back rower and Burton inside them could prove a good attacking combination. Provided Cotric's defence is up to scratch. Playing a winger In the centres can be a big risk in defence.

Okunbor's finish to the season was good. His carries out of the defensive half showed promise.
Cotric isn’t and never will be a centre. Doesn’t have the attacking attributes of a centre and any winger playing outside of him will never see the ball.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The article quotes Burns, not the club or the team, so all those going off about the club/team talking big are making themselves look foolish. It's good to know a new recruit is coming with confidence.

The other interesting thing is that he emphasises the Fox as a player he wants to be on the same team as. Can't remember the last time a winger had the amount of influence and visibility in the context of a team as what Fox is having with us.
Spot on mate..for a bloke with an avatar that starts with Psycho i like a lot of what you say lol.
I don't mind him talking himself up, sounds like he is fit as can be and maybe is over the injury phases and i do recall him being pretty good defensively also.
Nothing wrong with strong competition for positions at our club plus Schoupp being ready may be borderlne for round 1..if he stays fit could be a really good player for us so i like the positivity if the article...maybe a bit ambitious about our potency but that's not a crime and we have enough knowledge to filter some stuff :laughing:

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cotric isn’t and never will be a centre. Doesn’t have the attacking attributes of a centre and any winger playing outside of him will never see the ball.
I am not sure he has the attributes to be a winger either after performances this year.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I am not sure he has the attributes to be a winger either after performances this year.
Sure, you're right, he only played for Australia and State of Origin because he's a shit winger.

Is it remotely possible that he didn't look as good this year because of who was playing inside him. Plus he did miss 6 games due to injury.

Always a Bulldog

UpDaDoggies1935

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sure, you're right, he only played for Australia and State of Origin because he's a shit winger.

Is it remotely possible that he didn't look as good this year because of who was playing inside him. Plus he did miss 6 games due to injury.

Always a Bulldog
Agreed

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 3 years maybe definitely not next year

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
THIS i agree with too, i struggle to understand the people who shitcan this guy(forget about the money that is not his fault), next year with a decent cohesive backline he will go well probably great, i like the big unit.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
THIS i agree with too, i struggle to understand the people who shitcan this guy(forget about the money that is not his fault), next year with a decent cohesive backline he will go well probably great, i like the big unit.
Cotric's a good winger, he's just on about 250k too much a season lol.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
On face value I've never been a fan of playing wingers in the centre. It takes a while for them to adjust to defending the decoy and out the back plays. As well as that they are not used to passing to an unmarked player on the outside.

However judging Cotric's centre performances on the 2021 season, when he had inferior halves inside him and forwards who weren't creating space isn't probably the right test of him.

With Burton and a good edge back rower inside him and a top class winger outside him, I am prepared to give him another crack at it.

His defence has to be spot on as well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wingers are more important than centres now anyway, centres barely even make rep teams anymore.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We just talk it up every pre season then by rd 10 we’re standing around with our dicks in our hands lol enough shit talk just play good fuck yas lmao
unfortunately true