Official Injury updates

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any news on Elliott’s injury? We could be about to see Topine in his preferred edge position

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've done an ACL myself, Its a long slow process to recovery.
Hopefully he can impress when he returns
When He's in form he will make a difference. Big, strong and fast. I like him and Remis Smith on our flanks. Speed to burn with size. oh well sh#t happens.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Elliott our for 6 weeks with a broken cheek bone and CSmith out for 4 to 6 weeks with a low grade syndesmosis.

Always a Bulldog

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Elliott our for 6 weeks with a broken cheek bone and CSmith out for 4 to 6 weeks with a low grade syndesmosis.

Always a Bulldog
Hopefully Topine comes in instead of Waddell

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely Okunbor cannot be far off now. I'd pop him in the second row.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
CANTERBURY BULLDOGS
Luke Thompson (suspension) will miss the next three matches, while fellow front-rower Ofahiki Ogden (ankle) is out for at least a month with injury.

Ramond Faitala-Mariner (foot) was nearing a return from an extended absence, but has now been ruled out for the remainder of the season.

Canterbury confirmed that the former Kiwi international would not play again in 2021, despite initial prognosis scheduling him for a return in the next fortnight.

Nick Cotric (toe) is also set to miss the remainder of the season.

PLAYERINJURYRETURN
Chris SmithAnkleRound 22
Luke ThompsonSuspensionRound 23
Christian CrichtonKneeRound 23
Ofahiki OgdenAnkleRound 24
Raymond Faitala-MarinerFoot2022
Nick CotricToe2022

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There are whispers that RFM's foot bone graft surgery isn't getting the results we were expecting. Hearing he will be medically retired. I've hit up Gus on Twitter, let's see if we get any answers.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are whispers that RFM's foot bone graft surgery isn't getting the results we were expecting. Hearing he will be medically retired. I've hit up Gus on Twitter, let's see if we get any answers.
Poor fella he loves the club i saw him at a game in the stands during a game

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Canterbury Bulldogs
Raymond Faitala-Mariner isn't expected back on the training field until January after more surgery was required following further complications with a foot injury.

Aaron Schoupp underwent shoulder surgery in September and may be available for the trials, if not round one.

• John Asiata (neck, pre-season)
  • Nick Cotric (toe, pre-season)
  • Christian Crichton (knee, pre-season)
  • Raymond Faitala-Mariner (foot, trials)
  • Aaron Schoupp (shoulder, trials)
  • Max King (Achilles, trials)
  • Matt Doorey (knee, mid-season)
Pretty much the same as what I have heard, although Doorey's is the very pessimistic view.

Always a Bulldog

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Canterbury Bulldogs
Raymond Faitala-Mariner isn't expected back on the training field until January after more surgery was required following further complications with a foot injury.

Aaron Schoupp underwent shoulder surgery in September and may be available for the trials, if not round one.

• John Asiata (neck, pre-season)
  • Nick Cotric (toe, pre-season)
  • Christian Crichton (knee, pre-season)
  • Raymond Faitala-Mariner (foot, trials)
  • Aaron Schoupp (shoulder, trials)
  • Max King (Achilles, trials)
  • Matt Doorey (knee, mid-season)
Pretty much the same as what I have heard, although Doorey's is the very pessimistic view.

Always a Bulldog
Crichton has been released I guess this was done before that and I highly doubt Ray will be fit come the trails, I hope he is but I don’t think so.