Do you remember these companies?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only do I remember it, but in about 2007 I bought a retro WSC uniform to wear to the Movember party at Luna Park when I went as Merv Hughes - oh to be carefree and frivolous again :-).
View attachment 30848
I bet you were very popular amongst the ladies in your Merv Hughes outfit.
He was one of my favourite growing up getting the crowd into it with his on field antics.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I bet you were very popular amongst the ladies in your Merv Hughes outfit.
He was one of my favourite growing up getting the crowd into it with his on field antics.
Yes it was known to have the same affect as it did on William Maurice Lawry: ‘Merv Merv Merv, I love him, I wanna boof him, get him up here!’ :tearsofjoy:.

Ah yes, the old Bay 13 MCG, that was fun:
EB19D7B6-6691-4333-A609-A82E451EEA06.jpeg

I actually bumped into Merv in 2019 at the World Cup in Manchester. Good fella, always up for a yarn.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven't been along there for a couple of years, but I think the Torch is still thereabouts.
Used to score aluminium cans as a kid for pocket money err may have climbed a fence or two to raid bins in the industrial area lol we had a right old time as kids back in the late mid to late 70s even early 80s as industry grew virtually right behind our street and all around us.Pretty sure there was a knock shop or two in the side street the name of which i forget.
Also loved going to the High Flyer once i was legal age.Ahh the good old days mate i miss 'em to be honest.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Used to score aluminium cans as a kid for pocket money err may have climbed a fence or two to raid bins in the industrial area lol we had a right old time as kids back in the late mid to late 70s even early 80s as industry grew virtually right behind our street and all around us.Pretty sure there was a knock shop or two in the side street the name of which i forget.
Also loved going to the High Flyer once i was legal age.Ahh the good old days mate i miss 'em to be honest.
It was a special time and place. I grew up in Georges Hall and get a bit nostalgic from time to time, so go for a drive around the area to see what's still there, or changed.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahaha I used to work at Blockbuster Video 25 years ago, it was a second job and I met my best friends Vanessa and Gary, we are still the best of mates to this day, geez those were the days, we didn’t do much work just watched videos, talked shit, ate all the stock and played taped VHS recordings of rage from the previous Saturday morning. Then we all used to knock off work and go out for drinks at the Macarthur tavern with all the other workmates from all the other stores in the local areas! Bloody good old days they were

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We used to fill the cans with sand before we crushed and collected