Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe I've just started playing Horizon zero dawn again and noticed it got a 4k 60fps update...looks so much better now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep. Plays so well now and looks so good. Great time to play through again before the next one comes out.
I still find it a little boring at times as I'm not a massive fan of the combat so I'm just playing through the story now. The combat in the new one however looks so much better.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I still find it a little boring at times as I'm not a massive fan of the combat so I'm just playing through the story now. The combat in the new one however looks so much better.
Combat is what I loved most about HoDawn. It does take a while until you get some massive combos though. But the story is really good too.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Combat is what I loved most about HoDawn. It does take a while until you get some massive combos though. But the story is really good too.
Too much ranged combat, I need more in your face melee to stay engaged lol. Sometimes I just want to Kratos my way through these robots.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I TOTALLY FORGOT THAT DEATHLOOP IS COMING OUT. Is the game section open in big W? I heard it wasn't lolol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I TOTALLY FORGOT THAT DEATHLOOP IS COMING OUT. Is the game section open in big W? I heard it wasn't lolol.
Nah. Click and collect. It's a dollar cheaper at Harvey Norman but they're also click and collect.

The game is getting really good scores. IGN and Gamespot both gave it 10/10.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nah. Click and collect. It's a dollar cheaper at Harvey Norman but they're also click and collect.

The game is getting really good scores. IGN and Gamespot both gave it 10/10.
Yh it looks amazing, let's see if I'm still saying that 20+ hours in though haha.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering getting Far Cry 6. I want to run around with my Gator amigo!!

Also, Gran Turismo 7 is on its way. Hopefully I'll have my god damn PS5 by then. Love the throw back to Moon over the Castle theme at the start of the trailer!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Finally finished GTA 5.

I think the game overall was pretty good, the driving certainly was, the weapons were too. I'm not too convinced on the map was though. I was expecting it to be a bit like GTA SA where there would be smaller precincts of Las Venturas (based on Vegas) and San Fiero (based on San Francisco). Considering it was mainly based on LA and surrounding rural land was a bit of a let down, but hopefully, if they ever decide to make another GTA game set in San Andreas, they can use this game as a blueprint, and expand it to include these areas.

I also wasn't too impressed with the music on the radio stations, however this has been a recorded message on all GTA games since Vice City a that was the best by far.

The return of customised cars was great, however we need MORE car races to become available - including long ones all around the map, and also for them to be able to be done by any character at any time of the day (as opposed to just Franklin and just from 8:00pm until dawn).

I played the game with choosing to kill Michael or Trevor at the end.

Also, I don't think this game works by alternating between 3 main characters. It was a good idea to explore, but I think the series is better just following 1 guy.

Final score: 7/10

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Finally finished GTA 5.

I think the game overall was pretty good, the driving certainly was, the weapons were too. I'm not too convinced on the map was though. I was expecting it to be a bit like GTA SA where there would be smaller precincts of Las Venturas (based on Vegas) and San Fiero (based on San Francisco). Considering it was mainly based on LA and surrounding rural land was a bit of a let down, but hopefully, if they ever decide to make another GTA game set in San Andreas, they can use this game as a blueprint, and expand it to include these areas.

I also wasn't too impressed with the music on the radio stations, however this has been a recorded message on all GTA games since Vice City a that was the best by far.

The return of customised cars was great, however we need MORE car races to become available - including long ones all around the map, and also for them to be able to be done by any character at any time of the day (as opposed to just Franklin and just from 8:00pm until dawn).

Also, I don't think this game works by alternating between 3 main characters. It was a good idea to explore, but I think the series is better just following 1 guy.

The Vice city soundtrack was unreal! One of the best gaming soundtracks ever, there's a play list of it on Spotify brings back all the memories.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The Vice city soundtrack was unreal! One of the best gaming soundtracks ever, there's a play list of it on Spotify brings back all the memories.
I listen to it on YouTube almost daily. All the GTA radio stations are there.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Vice City overall was great, but yeah the soundtrack was top class. I love the 80's, Miami. I hope they do a remake of Vice City.

Speaking of the soundtrack, on YouTube they have all the stations plus ads from Vice City, which I occasionally chuck on at work. Just like listening to a real station while working away.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally finished GTA 5.

Took you awhile to finish it since release :p! I remember we got it on release on the PS3, we literally finished the game in like 3-4 days with all my mates over having turns haha.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Took you awhile to finish it since release :p! I remember we got it on release on the PS3, we literally finished the game in like 3-4 days with all my mates over having turns haha.
I only started playing it about 2 months ago lol. I didn't acquire it until it was free to download last year. I wasn't that interested in playing it but wanted to test my NBN modem download speed lol. It only took a hour or so.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Finally finished GTA 5.

I only finished it about 2 weeks ago as well. Agree that they needed more songs on the radio stations, was repeated a hell of a lot. I liked the gameplay of playing the 3 alternate characters, that was great.
Haven't played Vice City and have only scratched the surface of San Andreas (on PS2 lol) so will probably move onto them next if I can get SA on PS3 at least.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering getting Far Cry 6. I want to run around with my Gator amigo!!

Also, Gran Turismo 7 is on its way. Hopefully I'll have my god damn PS5 by then. Love the throw back to Moon over the Castle theme at the start of the trailer!

And good steering wheel set ups?