Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Singapore a good tourist destination? Never explored the countrh. Always though of it as a stop over
It's a nice way to spend a few days as a stopover in my view. It's a good place to go if you'd like to see Asia but don't want to go full Asian. All very safe and organised, and some really nice food.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I go to Singapore every time I go to Europe (used to be every 2 years before covid), I love it! The Food, the weather, the city etc. It's expensive for an Asian country tho as others have stated. On par with Sydney city prices.

F1 time is amazing too.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I go to Singapore every time I go to Europe (used to be every 2 years before covid), I love it! The Food, the weather, the city etc. It's expensive for an Asian country tho as others have stated. On par with Sydney city prices.

F1 time is amazing too.
The weather? Its like stinking hot all year round - its why everything is air conditioned, even the botanical gardens :grinning:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Is Singapore a good tourist destination? Never explored the countrh. Always though of it as a stop over
Best part is the food, hands down.
And Tiger beer.
It’s a bit expensive these days.
Sentosa is a decent spot for families.
Very modern, clean and safe.
I’ve never been there for a ‘holiday’ - always business trips where you might stitch on an extra couple of days. Like anywhere, knowing locals is useful.
Good springboard though into other parts of Asia for a holiday. Easy access via ferries to Indonesian resorts or fly to places like Langkawi in Malaysia or Phuket in Thailand. Very worthy stopover place for 2-3 days but not the centrepiece of a family holiday for mine.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thousands of NSW Health staff are yet to received their first Covid vaccination as the September 30 deadline fast approaches.
More than 13,000 NSW Health staff are yet to have their first jab.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It's a nice way to spend a few days as a stopover in my view. It's a good place to go if you'd like to see Asia but don't want to go full Asian. All very safe and organised, and some really nice food.
I’d agree. Been a couple times and after a few days you are like yep seen everything there is to see. I do love it though.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
For the double vaxxed people...

What do you show to prove you've been jabbed?

Is it on your phone or something?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I recently read an article by good old ABC having a whinge that under 12s are being ignored in covid vaccination in Australia.
Just to combat any misinformation and please correct me if I’m wrong but no where in the WORLD vaccinates under 12s for covid and it’s only at the clinical trial stage

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I recently read an article by good old ABC having a whinge that under 12s are being ignored in covid vaccination in Australia.
Just to combat any misinformation and please correct me if I’m wrong but no where in the WORLD vaccinates under 12s for covid and it’s only at the clinical trial stage
]

So, where is the "misinformation"? Care you quote a sentence or two that are incorrect?

Do you think kids shouldn't be allowed to voice an opinion about their concerns?

I've repeated the article here to make it easier for you:

Children under 12 'forgotten' in Australia's COVID-19 vaccine rollout
By Marion Ives
Posted 3h ago3 hours ago

Australia's COVID-19 vaccination rollout is now in its next phase with 12 to 15-year-olds eligible for Pfizer, but younger children say they are worried they are not safe.
Nine-year-old Erin will soon be the only member of her family without a COVID-19 vaccination, with her parents fully vaccinated and her two older brothers becoming eligible this week.
Erin lives in the western Sydney suburb of Glenmore Park, near the epicentre of Sydney's outbreak.
Like the rest of her classmates, she is set to return to face-to-face learning from next month.
She told the ABC that without a vaccine, she was concerned about sitting in the classroom.

"I won't feel as safe," she said.
"You should have a choice to do learning from home still or go back to school.
"I can't even play with kids in my street or soccer with my team."
The NSW government is pushing ahead with the National Cabinet's agreed plan to ease restrictions and reopen once 70 per cent of eligible residents had two doses.
That milestone will be reached before the vaccine has been approved for younger children.
LIVE UPDATES: Read our blog for the latest news on the COVID-19 pandemic
The latest studies show that most children who have been infected with the Delta variant had mild or no symptoms.
Nine-year-old William was one of many children from around the country who responded to an ABC call out on social media.
He suffers from asthma so his mother Rebecca has made the difficult decision to keep her children at home when schools in the Victorian town of Gisborne reopen.
"We're still vulnerable, so the government is gambling on us not to get COVID," he said.

Rebecca believes children are feeling "voiceless" in the debate about responses to the pandemic.
"They don't understand why they are being forgotten," she said.
Expert fears children left off roadmap
According to Article 12 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of a Child, children have a right for their views to be heard on decisions that affect them.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09...kids-12-years-and-older-in-line-wit/100434402
Anne Hollonds, National Children's Commissioner, said she had concerns the unique needs of children were being overlooked in pandemic planning.
"Policy is typically developed by adults for adults," Ms Hollonds said.
"Children are not in isolation. They're hearing all the things we're hearing as well, which will cause them to feel anxious, unsure and scared.
"Really, no-one has spoken directly with them to communicate how risks are being weighed up."
Ms Hollonds is calling for governments and schools to have clearer messaging about information that directly impacts children and parents.
She said schools should be using their daily online lessons as an avenue for that discussion, to reassure students "that there are steps taken to reduce class sizes, to ensure ventilation is as good as it can be in the classroom, to ensure there's social distancing and hand hygiene".
Ms Hollonds told the ABC she also wanted a multi-sector COVID-19 recovery plan which specifically examined the range of issues affecting children.
Children worry about outbreaks
Like many children, 8-year-old Freddy from Waverton in Sydney's lower north shore is frustrated with remote learning and just wants to see his friends face to face again.
"If my teachers are vaccinated and we still follow COVID-safe rules, then there will be little chance of people catching COVID", he said.
"Only 2 per cent of children end up in hospital, but my school has about 600 students so that could be 12 people," said 9-year-old Hayley who lives in Sydney's Liverpool LGA.
"I hope everyone wears a mask to keep each other safe."
This was a view echoed by multiple children who responded to the ABC.

As Queensland continues to fend off incursions of cases, the prospect of reopening the border to NSW makes 11-year-old Lily, from Ormeau, south of Brisbane, nervous.
The aspiring cellist attends an independent school where "everyone is wearing masks", but she doesn't think authorities "are really considering children".

Seven-year-old Hugo from the Melbourne suburb of Reservoir is desperate to scooter in the big bowl again and go back to class.
However, he thinks "politicians and decision makers should reconsider" easing restrictions before young children are vaccinated.
"If they don't, when the borders open and the kids get COVID then all the grown-ups catch it again … who knows what will happen then," he said.
In Western Australia, schools and community sport are operating as normal.

Nine-year-old Lucas from the outer Perth suburb of Secret Harbour rarely watches the news and his family only occasionally talks about the pandemic.
Even still, he worries about Western Australia opening its border.
"Here in WA we have no COVID, so why open the borders and let COVID in?" Lucas said.
"We shouldn't open up until 95 per cent, including kids, are vaccinated."

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
]

So, where is the "misinformation"? Care you quote a sentence or two that are incorrect?

Do you think kids shouldn't be allowed to voice an opinion about their concerns?

I've repeated the article here to make it easier for you:

Children under 12 'forgotten' in Australia's COVID-19 vaccine rollout
By Marion Ives
Posted 3h ago3 hours ago

Australia's COVID-19 vaccination rollout is now in its next phase with 12 to 15-year-olds eligible for Pfizer, but younger children say they are worried they are not safe.
Nine-year-old Erin will soon be the only member of her family without a COVID-19 vaccination, with her parents fully vaccinated and her two older brothers becoming eligible this week.
Erin lives in the western Sydney suburb of Glenmore Park, near the epicentre of Sydney's outbreak.
Like the rest of her classmates, she is set to return to face-to-face learning from next month.
She told the ABC that without a vaccine, she was concerned about sitting in the classroom.

"I won't feel as safe," she said.
"You should have a choice to do learning from home still or go back to school.
"I can't even play with kids in my street or soccer with my team."
The NSW government is pushing ahead with the National Cabinet's agreed plan to ease restrictions and reopen once 70 per cent of eligible residents had two doses.
That milestone will be reached before the vaccine has been approved for younger children.
LIVE UPDATES: Read our blog for the latest news on the COVID-19 pandemic
The latest studies show that most children who have been infected with the Delta variant had mild or no symptoms.
Nine-year-old William was one of many children from around the country who responded to an ABC call out on social media.
He suffers from asthma so his mother Rebecca has made the difficult decision to keep her children at home when schools in the Victorian town of Gisborne reopen.
"We're still vulnerable, so the government is gambling on us not to get COVID," he said.

Rebecca believes children are feeling "voiceless" in the debate about responses to the pandemic.
"They don't understand why they are being forgotten," she said.
Expert fears children left off roadmap
According to Article 12 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of a Child, children have a right for their views to be heard on decisions that affect them.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09...kids-12-years-and-older-in-line-wit/100434402
Anne Hollonds, National Children's Commissioner, said she had concerns the unique needs of children were being overlooked in pandemic planning.
"Policy is typically developed by adults for adults," Ms Hollonds said.
"Children are not in isolation. They're hearing all the things we're hearing as well, which will cause them to feel anxious, unsure and scared.
"Really, no-one has spoken directly with them to communicate how risks are being weighed up."
Ms Hollonds is calling for governments and schools to have clearer messaging about information that directly impacts children and parents.
She said schools should be using their daily online lessons as an avenue for that discussion, to reassure students "that there are steps taken to reduce class sizes, to ensure ventilation is as good as it can be in the classroom, to ensure there's social distancing and hand hygiene".
Ms Hollonds told the ABC she also wanted a multi-sector COVID-19 recovery plan which specifically examined the range of issues affecting children.
Children worry about outbreaks
Like many children, 8-year-old Freddy from Waverton in Sydney's lower north shore is frustrated with remote learning and just wants to see his friends face to face again.
"If my teachers are vaccinated and we still follow COVID-safe rules, then there will be little chance of people catching COVID", he said.
"Only 2 per cent of children end up in hospital, but my school has about 600 students so that could be 12 people," said 9-year-old Hayley who lives in Sydney's Liverpool LGA.
"I hope everyone wears a mask to keep each other safe."
This was a view echoed by multiple children who responded to the ABC.

As Queensland continues to fend off incursions of cases, the prospect of reopening the border to NSW makes 11-year-old Lily, from Ormeau, south of Brisbane, nervous.
The aspiring cellist attends an independent school where "everyone is wearing masks", but she doesn't think authorities "are really considering children".

Seven-year-old Hugo from the Melbourne suburb of Reservoir is desperate to scooter in the big bowl again and go back to class.
However, he thinks "politicians and decision makers should reconsider" easing restrictions before young children are vaccinated.
"If they don't, when the borders open and the kids get COVID then all the grown-ups catch it again … who knows what will happen then," he said.
In Western Australia, schools and community sport are operating as normal.

Nine-year-old Lucas from the outer Perth suburb of Secret Harbour rarely watches the news and his family only occasionally talks about the pandemic.
Even still, he worries about Western Australia opening its border.
"Here in WA we have no COVID, so why open the borders and let COVID in?" Lucas said.
"We shouldn't open up until 95 per cent, including kids, are vaccinated."
You’re always pretty smug for a bloke that had to buy a wife but read the headline for starters. Kids aren’t forgotten. People are constantly complaining kids aren’t being allowed to return to school but of course the ABC make out kids are being FORCED to return to school without a vaccine. There is currently no vaccine for them. If there was the government would push it just as hard as they do for over 12s, well maybe not in your state

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been reading few news articles lately that are pretty much re-written Qantas press releases abut all the wonderful places we will be able to go in just 3 months time (if you live in NSW of course). The reality may be somewhat a bit different from the expectations. Besides Qantas, how many airlines are going to commit to Australia to pre-covid levels in the short term without any certainty on start dates? It takes time and a lot of money to commit to rehiring crews, retrieving planes back from wherever they are parked etc.

Will be interesting to see how international travel looks from Australia over the next year or two. I think we are going to have to get used to paying more for a start, at least for a while a supply ramps up. on the demand side, i think a lot of people, especially those with kids, are going to be a bit more cautious for a while, with the type of restrictions on returning home (home iso, how long for etc) are to be properly confirmed.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I recently posted an ABC article about children's concerns with the pandemic, primarily for the information of parents and grandparents on TK to help with any anxiety their kids may feel.

I have a 10 year old grand daughter who has expressed those concerns.

I guess they could feel the same as anyone of us would if they said "ok all of you have been approved but you Bulldogs fans have not been approved so can't take the so called miracle cure to stop Covid and give us our freedumbs back"....I'm exaggerating of course, but its the same principle...a section of our community excluded from the miracle cure all that is rammed into our heads daily.

These kids aren't stupid. They know the vax is not approved for under 12 yo and only in testing phase, yet strangely enough they are aware enough that they could be the vulnerable unvaxxed people the virus seeks out...as we are daily bombarded with this information...they kinda hear that too.

And they will no doubt be the only members of the household who are not vaccinated, including their 13yo and above siblings, which will make a proportion of them feel quite vulnerable and worried...wouldn't you?

The article raises the issues these kids are dealing with. Holidays OS are not their top priority at this stage.

Up to members on here to evaluate it and act in a responsible manner and for those with kids to absorb their kids fears and anxiety about this new phase of countering this pandemic and help them along.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You’re always pretty smug for a bloke that had to buy a wife but read the headline for starters. Kids aren’t forgotten. People are constantly complaining kids aren’t being allowed to return to school but of course the ABC make out kids are being FORCED to return to school without a vaccine. There is currently no vaccine for them. If there was the government would push it just as hard as they do for over 12s, well maybe not in your state
Resulting to piss-poor insults already (although smug is about as hard hitting as "lefty")? Reveals your true colours (again).

its obvious why you posted the comments you did and the timing of them. If you are going to magically find things that aren't there in an article just to confirm your own prejudices, Well, you keep doing you. I'll leave you to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.