Australian True Crime

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a thread on stories that have had an impact on Australian society. Whether it’s gang wars, serial killings etc.

Recently, I’ve been fascinated with Bevan Spencer von Einem cases that occurred in SA in the late 70’s and early 80’s. A lot of speculation that there was a higher echelon of the rich that may have been involved in the sadistic rapes and murders of under age boys.

Anyway, discuss away.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
An interesting one is George Savvas a Lebanese businessman, a drug dealer and Marrickville councillor back in the day he also owned the Marrickville Hotel and got caught for massive shipment of Heroin and got locked up for 30 years he escaped from Goulburn prison once then got put in Maitland gaol next cell to Ivan Milat. They became mates Ivan was a massive Bulldogs fan by the way all he talked to guards about anyway they came up with a plan to kidnap guards a d negotiate an escape. Guards found out and they got put into segro and George was found hanged in his cell the next day.

So next bit to the story is I know or have talked in length with a fairly notorious crim that has run all of the yards over the years inmost prisons in NSW he runs with the coories even though he is actually not anyway he said that he was in Maitland that night in a different wing but it was the worst kept secret between guards and inmates that George didn’t hang himself by himself and he was only in a one out cell so guards had a lot to do with it.

Footnote to that is this guy I have talked to is one of the heavy heavy crims in the system and he said the general population use to yell out and give Ivan Milat shit if he would go pas their yard for a visit or whatever but he said Ivan would just smile with a look like I will Fucking cut your head off if we ever meet look in his eye. He said he was a truly scary ruthless character..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My mate ruined Sydney nightlife...

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
An interesting one is George Savvas a Lebanese businessman, a drug dealer and Marrickville councillor back in the day he also owned the Marrickville Hotel and got caught for massive shipment of Heroin and got locked up for 30 years he escaped from Goulburn prison once then got put in Maitland gaol next cell to Ivan Milat. They became mates Ivan was a massive Bulldogs fan by the way all he talked to guards about anyway they came up with a plan to kidnap guards a d negotiate an escape. Guards found out and they got put into segro and George was found hanged in his cell the next day.

So next bit to the story is I know or have talked in length with a fairly notorious crim that has run all of the yards over the years inmost prisons in NSW he runs with the coories even though he is actually not anyway he said that he was in Maitland that night in a different wing but it was the worst kept secret between guards and inmates that George didn’t hang himself by himself and he was only in a one out cell so guards had a lot to do with it.

Footnote to that is this guy I have talked to is one of the heavy heavy crims in the system and he said the general population use to yell out and give Ivan Milat shit if he would go pas their yard for a visit or whatever but he said Ivan would just smile with a look like I will Fucking cut your head off if we ever meet look in his eye. He said he was a truly scary ruthless character..
Wasn't Savvas Greek Reh??

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Wasn't Savvas Greek Reh??
Thought he was Lebanese but it’s been so long that ive heard the stories that you are probably right especially around Marrickville in the 80’s

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ah yes now that is coming back to me you are correct.
He escaped prison and the guy was walking around the CBD dining at the best restaurants . Cops had thought he fled the country and this guy was dining in expensive japanese restaurants on Kent St

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is from the an SMH article listing 5 renowned escapes from maximum security prison

George Savvas

Goulburn Correctional Centre
Escaped: July 6, 1996

Recaptured: March 20, 1997
George Savvas is perhaps the highest-profile inmate to escape from a NSW jail in the past 20 years. Savvas was jailed for 25 years in March, 1990, for conspiring to import 80 kilograms of heroin to Sydney.
Cashed up and with only one thing he desperately wanted, he appears to have immediately begun planning how he could cut short his term.

In mid-1996, Savvas was in Goulburn, having been shifted from Maitland when an escape plot was discovered the previous year. On July 6, in the visitor's area, he donned a false beard, moustache and wig and walked out wearing civilian clothes.
Eight months later, at 8.23pm on March 20, 1997, the 000 emergency line received this call: "Hello, my codename is the Black Fox. George Savvas is at the Suntory Restaurant behind the Hoyts cinema complex in Kent Street. He is a wanted man."

Savvas was arrested eating beef fillets and sipping red wine. He had a gram of cocaine in his pocket and was dining with a pair of good sorts.
Two months after his recapture, prison authorities revealed a plot hatched by Savvas and the backpacker killer Ivan Milat to go over the wall of the maximum security Maitland Jail. The next day Savvas was found dead, hanging from a bedsheet in his cell.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not that fuckwit Loveridge? How’s that’s guy going still in Goulburn?
I don't have contact with him or many of that lot anymore so don't really know. He could always look after himself so he's probably doing fine...mostly.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Beaumont children is another fascinating one for me. I’ve heard a lot of conspiracy theories in this one as well

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Beaumont children is another fascinating one for me. I’ve heard a lot of conspiracy theories in this one as well
Is that the girls kidnapped from the beach?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What annoys me is that under investigation show on channel 9. Where all the so called experts sit round the table for an hour and at the end of the show solve nothing. How bout they just tell the story of the crime instead of pretending to investigate.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But the best true crime story come from an ex girlfriend of mine.

she was on Australia’s most wanted, she was on the shower and heard a noise. She jumps out the shower to see what it was and open the door to a shotgun pointed in her face. Tied up and house robbed. She was so scared for a long time.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One show that used to give me the jeepers creepers was unsolved mysteries. Watch that late at night with your windows open..
I remember watching that 20 years ago... it's on Amazon prime if anyone wants to watch.