Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My love of United came from Fifa on Playstation, my boss way back then was from Manchester and he instilled the hate of Liverpool so much so that i can't even look at a Liverpool Jersey without getting slightly angry, which for me is odd as i am totally calm all the time, i try very hard to stress very little (Mainly because my wife is a Feisty European) so i need to balance things out a bit.

So i started using Man United when playing Fifa many years ago, now i can't really support anyone else, i tried to Support Real Madrid when Ronaldo left but it was not the same, thankfully Rooney was the new star player so i had someone to watch.
My uncle played for United and tried to force it on me so I chose to support Liverpool :tearsofjoy:

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watched the game and honestly I wish I hadnt.

The game started off pretty decently, it was an open game but you could tell we had more quality. Once we got the goal, we settled and were fairly comfortable until the ref card. It was a silly challenge. We lost momentum and were on the back foot from them on, Sancho coming off hurt us as he was the link man between the midfield and Ronaldo.

Ronaldo should've had a penalty, one on one with the keeper and the defender shoved him down, that would've put us 2-0 up and I dont think they wouldve gotten back into the game.

Donny was okay, he lacks a lot of confidence, he doesnt seem in sync with the rest of the midfield. He was subbed off at half time for Varane.

Truthfully, Ole threw in the white towel too quickly by bringing Varane, Matic and Lingard on in the second half. We were a man down for 60 minutes and so I can see why he did it, but I didnt agree with the decisions.

Ronaldo and Bruno were our best. Fred was poor. Ole needs to figure it out (the midfield) asap otherwise the pressure is only going to get worse and worse.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My love of United came from Fifa on Playstation, my boss way back then was from Manchester and he instilled the hate of Liverpool so much so that i can't even look at a Liverpool Jersey without getting slightly angry, which for me is odd as i am totally calm all the time, i try very hard to stress very little (Mainly because my wife is a Feisty European) so i need to balance things out a bit.

So i started using Man United when playing Fifa many years ago, now i can't really support anyone else, i tried to Support Real Madrid when Ronaldo left but it was not the same, thankfully Rooney was the new star player so i had someone to watch.
I had an uncle who was a highly accomplished guy and was in charge of power grids for a city and neighbouring areas back in the old country... very important position, well paid, worked 12 hour shifts

but my uncle was also a huge football fan

one day my uncle walks into his boss' office and tells him he can't come into work the next day... "why?" the boss asks... because my uncle's club is playing the next day and he had to watch... like I said, my uncle had an important job and he was good at it... you can't just kick him out... so, the boss tells him to just come in and he would work it out --> the next day the boss bought my uncle a TV for his work station in order to watch the football during work

the next week, the same thing happens... my uncle walks into his boss' office and announces that he cannot come into work the next day because his club is playing and he has to watch... the exasperated boss notes for my uncle that he had already bought him a TV to watch games from work... however, my uncle explains that he likes to eat while watching his club play... the boss again tells my uncle to just come into work and he will sort it out... the next day, my uncle finds a table has been provided for his work station in order that he can have a meal while watching his club play

for a third time, my uncle walks into his boss' office and announces that he is not available for work the next day because his club is playing... "why now for f*+#'s sake?" the boss asked... my uncle explained that while watching his club play, he not only liked to eat, but he also needed to drink to wash down the food... "F*+# you and your f*+#ing club" responded the boss but still insisted my uncle come into work... my uncle came in the next day to find he had been provided with a bar fridge for his work station

football does weird things to people

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watched the game and honestly I wish I hadnt.

The game started off pretty decently, it was an open game but you could tell we had more quality. Once we got the goal, we settled and were fairly comfortable until the ref card. It was a silly challenge. We lost momentum and were on the back foot from them on, Sancho coming off hurt us as he was the link man between the midfield and Ronaldo.

Ronaldo should've had a penalty, one on one with the keeper and the defender shoved him down, that would've put us 2-0 up and I dont think they wouldve gotten back into the game.

Donny was okay, he lacks a lot of confidence, he doesnt seem in sync with the rest of the midfield. He was subbed off at half time for Varane.

Truthfully, Ole threw in the white towel too quickly by bringing Varane, Matic and Lingard on in the second half. We were a man down for 60 minutes and so I can see why he did it, but I didnt agree with the decisions.

Ronaldo and Bruno were our best. Fred was poor. Ole needs to figure it out (the midfield) asap otherwise the pressure is only going to get worse and worse.
Very good and balanced analsis as always mate. Agree with what you were saying. Caught most of the game live as I was hoping to watch you lot lose and I think you didn't have any shots on target after the 27th min? Not sure if that was right.

Pretty poor performance as it was definitely winnable with 10 men. You'll bounce back and get through to the next round as it's a very easy group, but you highlighted the midfield just as you've been doing for ages. Massive concern

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Came across this. Didn't realise his CL record is so poor tbh and seem to remember you lot losing against some pretty shitty opposition.
Im not surprised.
Last season the many penalties they were awarded basically blanketed mediocre performances.
This season they are clinging their hopes to a 36 year old.
You don’t lose to teams like Young Boys especially going a goal up. 10 men or not you should enough quality to see out the win , at the very worst draw the game.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im not surprised.
Last season the many penalties they were awarded basically blanketed mediocre performances.
This season they are clinging their hopes to a 36 year old.
You don’t lose to teams like Young Boys especially going a goal up. 10 men or not you should enough quality to see out the win , at the very worst draw the game.
Yeah. It's only one game and I do think they'll bounce back really quickly but I'd be worried if I were a United supporter.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Solskjaer inherited a mess at Old Trafford and so, he deserves some benefit of the doubt thus far (although the loss to Villareal was bad)... but he needs a trophy this year considering the team he now has (a League Cup, an FA Cup, whatever) and a top 4 finish

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Solskjaer inherited a mess at Old Trafford and so, he deserves some benefit of the doubt thus far (although the loss to Villareal was bad)... but he needs a trophy this year considering the team he now has
Yeah. While he stepped into a mess he's spent massive massive amounts of money, and still had some decent levels of players within the squad.

He's been given a free past by most, think this will change with many more games like that

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a lot of the 'Ole's at the wheel' stuff has worn off and there are plenty of United fans that are #OleOut

but I think a lot of the excuses for Ole no longer exist and he now needs some sort of return, a trophy... 5 years without a trophy for Man U in today's age is unthinkable

and United fans should be encouraged with their transfer window, especially as compared to the other big English clubs --> LFC have added no one, City spent £100 million on Grealish but I don't think he makes them better, Chelsea have added Lukaku to be fair, Tottenham are Tottenham, Arsenal are practically Tottenham these days, too

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah. It's only one game and I do think they'll bounce back really quickly but I'd be worried if I were a United supporter.
They’re in an easy CL group. They should progress. If they don’t top the group then questions will be asked.
Not all their fans are stupid into believing like some in here that you don’t need a midfield to achieve success. :dizzy:
They’ve pinned all their hopes on Brunaldo, I’m not sure that’s the correct decision .
Like I said, failing to beat Young Boys is alarm bells ringing .

@alchemist , the mess was created when Ferguson left an ageing roster and the selectimy Moyes as his replacement ( his personal choice) .
The mess started 8 years ago, along the way the many coaches that have come and failed have made the mess even worse.