Official John Asiata joins the Bulldogs

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So now we have our halfback!

2022 we have another year of plenty off contract:

Asiata, Doorey, Dufty, RFM, Hetherington, Katoa, Makatoa, Schoupp, Stimson, Topine, Vaughan & Wakeham.

I know Gould is looking to re-sign Schoupp soon.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Given the huge imbalance in our roster it can take a few years to turnover players and get it right. Asiata is a cost effective POD most likely coming off the bench. He’s not a game breaker but It’s not a bad complimentary signing and seems we would have left a few bucks in the kitty for a potential mid season signing if we need too.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Asiata, Doorey, Dufty, RFM, Hetherington, Katoa, Makatoa, Schoupp, Stimson, Topine, Vaughan & Wakeham.

this isnt a bad thing. We can now see who performs and who gets another contract.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Who’s Makatoa ? Not top 30

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Remember him playing well against one or two of the top teams off the bench maybe the Roosters and another i don't recall, generally didn't seem to get many minutes from a quick search most of the time then got injured.
I'm openminded that he will fulfil a role here and although it doesn't help us win games it sounds like he is a quality bloke and we can do with men like that in our squad.