Rumour Brandon smith done deal

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't get how players are allowed to take pay cuts under market value. Wtf is the point of a salary cap? Surely strom will have a 3rd party deal to make up the deficit anyway.
That's why we need a points system that cannot be abused.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bulldogs would have had the perfect opportunity if this was the case to do a swap with Adam Elliot for Smith. I think it’s all PR bull shit from the Storm or the Bulldogs would have done it already. We allowed Reimis Smith to leave early for no return and just “mutually” parted with Elliot. The swap bull shit the Storm keep referring to is just rubbish.
Maybe we were trying for an Elliott swap, but the Storm are pretty set on the type of player they invest in.
I reckon Elliott didn't pass the no dick head policy.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hahaha ,yep , Id say he's as much chance as the cheese

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why don't you let me dream of a world where I can freely express my opinions without having to cop abuse from unreasonably aggressive Bozos?
Your freely expressed your opinion for 200 fucking pages. Surely thats enough.
You say you want to express your thoughts freely, but you constantly tell people their opinions are wrong, and yours are right. You seem to lack the ability to just agree to disagree.
The mods should have put you in your box as far as im concerned. Your quickly becoming the new nasheed of the kennel.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha you seem to be a coach, a player manager, an ex player, a fortune teller, now a doctor! I think you just think your a know it all! Well if you are a doctor then I suggest prescribe yourself something different or something stronger champ because what ever your on just isn't cutting it! Happy for you to write me a few prescriptions though : )
I remember him saying he was a lawyer years ago. It made sense becuase he is so fucking argumentative. Its stuck in my head ever since. I guess he is none of the above.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's why we need a points system that cannot be abused.
100% been saying this for years. For me it’s a no brainer. I haven’t heard a compelling argument against it.

The only reason the idea doesn’t see the light of day. Is because the people that benefit the most from the current TPA rules, effectively run the game.

Having the games talent more evenly spread will adversely effect a minority of clubs. With the Majority of clubs benefiting. But unfortunately the minority runs the game.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I remember him saying he was a lawyer years ago. It made sense becuase he is so fucking argumentative. Its stuck in my head ever since. I guess he is none of the above.
I have never said I was a lawyer. Not once.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Your freely expressed your opinion for 200 fucking pages. Surely thats enough.
You say you want to express your thoughts freely, but you constantly tell people their opinions are wrong, and yours are right. You seem to lack the ability to just agree to disagree.
The mods should have put you in your box as far as im concerned. Your quickly becoming the new nasheed of the kennel.
Put me in my box for what? I will not be bullied into silence by cranks like you who do not understand that a forum is a place for debate and disagreement.

Last edited:

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
100% been saying this for years. For me it’s a no brainer. I haven’t heard a compelling argument against it.

The only reason the idea doesn’t see the light of day. Is because the people that benefit the most from the current TPA rules, effectively run the game.

Having the games talent more evenly spread will adversely effect a minority of clubs. With the Majority of clubs benefiting. But unfortunately the minority runs the game.
Points system is open to subjectivity - who assesses the points? Gonna be no controversy about that? How about every time.

Base it on something that includes rep games. How many players will be “ruled out through injury” by the clubs.

It won’t work.

The only way you find the true value of a player is by how much someone is willing to pay them. The problem isn’t the SC, it’s how it’s applied, verified and policed. Should be a complete overhaul and the starting point should be long bans for club execs, player mangers and players themselves, especially the darling “I know nothing” players themselves, for false reporting of income.

Make it so that everyone knows the shit comes down on them individually, and it’ll become self-policed.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

How does a points system work? How is a player valued?

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Id say Smith will leave the storm and all the talk from him and grant is just tactics.

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
I never said I was any of those things apart from the last one.

And are you honestly telling a doctor what to prescribe himself? Who is the know it all now?
Haha here you go again! Your like a little petulant child who just keeps arguing... as l said Dr. Knowitall, I'm not engaging in your dribble! You should try and seek further professional help... something isn't right upstairs! I wish you the best of luck and hope you can get the help that you desperately need... you take care now

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Haha here you go again! Your like a little petulant child who just keeps arguing... as l said Dr. Knowitall, I'm not engaging in your dribble! You should try and seek further professional help... something isn't right upstairs! I wish you the best of luck and hope you can get the help that you desperately need... you take care now
WTF? I'm trying to be nice and you're just veering from overt to passive aggression, tbh. Learn to be kinder.

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
I never said I was any of those things apart from the last one.

And are you honestly telling a doctor what to prescribe himself? Who is the know it all now?
So this is you trying to be nice???

Haha fuck off mate! Where the fuck were you trying to be nice? If that last message was you trying to be nice then you need to look at yourself in the mirror... this confirms that you do need to seek professional help because there was nothing nice with what you wrote! If anything you were looking to engage in another argument about something completely different and off topic... I dont give a fuck what you do for a living! Just stop being an argumentative, confrontational boof head and accept other people have different opinions, point of views and prospectives... sometimes you just have to agree to disagree! As you said ot is a public form after all... end of conversation! Enjoy

Up the mighty bulldogs

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id say Smith will leave the storm and all the talk from him and grant is just tactics.
i think it stands to reason that Smith leaves unless he gives up the playing 9 dream, have said this numerous times and it makes sense.Unless Grant were to leave but i don't think he will be able to hang in and wait for that possibility, also i'm unsure when Grant is contracted until? 2023?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So this is you trying to be nice???

Haha fuck off mate! Where the fuck were you trying to be nice? If that last message was you trying to be nice then you need to look at yourself in the mirror... this confirms that you do need to seek professional help because there was nothing nice with what you wrote! If anything you were looking to engage in another argument about something completely different and off topic... I dont give a fuck what you do for a living! Just stop being an argumentative, confrontational boof head and accept other people have different opinions, point of views and prospectives... sometimes you just have to agree to disagree! As you said ot is a public form after all... end of conversation! Enjoy

Up the mighty bulldogs
I can't even with you any more. You're just not nice. A forum is a place to debate issues and express disagreement. At the end of the day, I love you all and if you were brought into my operating theatre, I would give you the very best medical care.