Rumour Brandon smith done deal

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
B Smith is playing a cool game saying that he doesn't know what he will do.

I think he stays at the Storm its not all about the money.. he loves playing for the Storm better system,loves the coach good mates.
He came from nothing money isnt everything to him he said this in an interview.
I saw an interview where he was going on about how he loves coming from nothing, taking leadership and building success. And he bought his mum a bulldog to keep her company through the lockdowns

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol at people still thinking Smith is coming. It would take 1 million a season to pry him away from the storm and he's only worth around 60 percent of that. Keep calm and don't play overs for overrated players.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol at people still thinking Smith is coming. It would take 1 million a season to pry him away from the storm and he's only worth around 60 percent of that. Keep calm and don't play overs for overrated players.
Can you explain how you've come up with the valuation of $600k?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've watched his games, observed is limited skillset and determined he's not worth any more. Unscientific, yet effective.
Rated for Hookers:
1st for tries
1st for line breaks
1st for tackle breaks
1st for line breaks assists
1st for try contributions
2nd for try assists

Unscientific and objectively incorrect

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Rated for Hookers:
1st for tries
1st for line breaks
1st for tackle breaks
2nd for try assists

No, that isn't objectivity. You're looking at stats from a single season. Stats which are a produce of the Melbourne illusion. He looks great in a flawless system....he is not capable of producing those numbers independently of Bellamy's influence. There's a reason Melbourne aren't offering him more than 600k. Successful clubs don't pay overs.

Of course, you're entitled to a different opinion, but it is opinion, not objective truth.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No, that isn't objectivity. You're looking at stats from a single season. Stats which are a produce of the Melbourne illusion. He looks great in a flawless system....he is not capable of producing those numbers independently of Bellamy's influence. There's a reason Melbourne aren't offering him more than 600k. Successful clubs don't pay overs.

Of course, you're entitled to a different opinion, but it is opinion, not objective truth.
You summed it up perfect with “produce of the Melbourne illusion” … I think it was also Joey Johns who once said you can’t judge a player solely from what you see him doing and achieving at the Storm because they make park footballers look like super stars.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

You might need to refresh your definition of "objective truth" fella. Please provide objective evidence to support your claim that he isn't capable of producing independent from Bellamy.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By Brandon refusing to shut down the question if he may move in 2022, can I read into it by saying that there is things happening behind the scenes.

Asiata rumoured to be Coming and perhaps play that ball playing lock roll that Baz is searching for.

Storm previously said they'd only release him for a like for like replacement... does this mean lock.

The Storm love Dale Finucane type players... Enter Josh Jackson.

Now I'm not saying I want this to happen, but knowing the type of player Bellamy loves I think he would definitely consider Jackson for Smith if Jackson was up for the offering.

Hmmmmm

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You might need to refresh your definition of "objective truth" fella. Please provide objective evidence to support your claim that he isn't capable of producing independent from Bellamy.
I don't need to. I'm not the one claiming my opinion is objectively right (or wrong).

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You summed it up perfect with “produce of the Melbourne illusion” … I think it was also Joey Johns who once said you can’t judge a player solely from what you see him doing and achieving at the Storm because they make park footballers look like super stars.
Exactly.....I think Smith is much more than a park footballer, to be fair.....but I don't see him as a marquee signing who will bring premierships. I don't see any club that pays upwards of 750k for him winning a title and personally I think he's worth 600k....650 tops.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
By Brandon refusing to shut down the question if he may move in 2022, can I read into it by saying that there is things happening behind the scenes.

Asiata rumoured to be Coming and perhaps play that ball playing lock roll that Baz is searching for.

Storm previously said they'd only release him for a like for like replacement... does this mean lock.

The Storm love Dale Finucane type players... Enter Josh Jackson.

Now I'm not saying I want this to happen, but knowing the type of player Bellamy loves I think he would definitely consider Jackson for Smith if Jackson was up for the offering.

Hmmmmm
The bulldogs would have had the perfect opportunity if this was the case to do a swap with Adam Elliot for Smith. I think it’s all PR bull shit from the Storm or the Bulldogs would have done it already. We allowed Reimis Smith to leave early for no return and just “mutually” parted with Elliot. The swap bull shit the Storm keep referring to is just rubbish.

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
Here we go again with your bullshit dribble! Shut the fuck up for once and let people dream

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
Rated for Hookers:
1st for tries
1st for line breaks
1st for tackle breaks
2nd for try assists

Mate ignore this ****! He's off his fuckin head... he's off with the fuckin pixies

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Here we go again with your bullshit dribble! Shut the fuck up for once and let people dream
Why don't you let me dream of a world where I can freely express my opinions without having to cop abuse from unreasonably aggressive Bozos?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Gotta laugh utility takes the piss re adam idiot and his 500k contract ! Brandon’s worth 10 x him!

Though reality Elliott is barely worth much over minimum wage and Brandon’s about 800k to say the storm. Who knows to a club like us, tigers, Titans etc.

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
Why don't you let me dream of a world where I can freely express my opinions without having to cop abuse from unreasonably aggressive Bozos?
Your not dreaming! You are being a confrontational, argumentative boof head... I'm not wasting my time engaging with you! I've read enough of your posts, I seriously think you are delusional and there is something wrong with you mentally... all the years and posts I've read on this forum over the years, you sir take the cake! I've wanted to head butt the wall after reading most of your post and wondered what goes through your head...

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't need to. I'm not the one claiming my opinion is objectively right (or wrong).
Maybe look it up anyway, stats aren't perfect but they're pretty much the embodiment of objectivity in sport.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Maybe look it up anyway, stats aren't perfect but they're pretty much the embodiment of objectivity in sport.
Lol, thanks for your concern, COVENS, but i don't need to look it up. I'm aware of what objectivity is....and I don't believe you can draw objective truth from what one player does during one golden season while playing for a club that is known for setting the standard and a coach who is known for making average players look like superstars. To be fair, I think Smith is better than average.....but I don't think for a minute he is a 1 million a season marquee player who can turn a club around and win it premierships. His ability to do that just can't be assessed until/ unless he plays in an environment where automatic success is not a given.