• Yes

Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't you say that "said player" would do their research and understand the kind of reasons he got let go for?

You seem pretty focused on the "kissed a girl in the toilet line" rather than mentioning other issues that occurred before this. Is there a reason why?

At the end of the day the club decided to pay him out. If prospective players see that as a bad thing and don't want to join, then so be it. Doubt anyone will give it a second thought personally
1. How is he going to find out? Is the club going to tell him? How would he know it's the truth?
2. Yes, because this is why he was effectively terminated. The Lichaa incident didn't give him a strike.
3. I would & I would say that Vaughan & Dufty would be interested too because if they step out of line they could be terminated too.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. How is he going to find out? Is the club going to tell him? How would he know it's the truth?
2. Yes, because this is why he was effectively terminated. The Lichaa incident didn't give him a strike.
3. I would & I would say that Vaughan & Dufty would be interested too because if they step out of line they could be terminated too.
You think a player and his agent is going to blindly come to this club and not ask questions?

At the end of the day, each player signs an agreement with the club. Clearly Elliott broke that agreement which is why he's not at the club anymore. And, the club was kind enough to pay him off.

If anything, players will be looking at the club saying how well they've taken care of their players because they really didn't need to.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I will piss myself laughing if he ends up at the tigers,can someone do a welfare check on @utility half
I am fine. The future is very bright for Adam. He won’t be going to the tigers. He has firjddd offers from at least 7 NRL clubs and a high profile NFL club has approached him about a potential code switch.

The club will rue this decision, Adam will ho from strength to strength. Mark my words.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
PR spin will go into overdrive now lol. This is exactly what @utility half wanted haha
No, I didn’t want this. I wanted Adam to be a lifelong member if this club. He embodied the spirit of this club. He even agreed to waive his right to sue the club even though it round have been a sure fire win for him. Adam can leave with his head high. Even his final act as a bulldog placed the club over the individual. All class snd the act of a true clubman. They don’t make too many like this any more. Huge mistake by the club.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I don’t take delight in any person losing their job especially when they are supporting a child but the club really didn’t have a choice. I’m glad we have finally made a stand and shown some backbone. I hope Elliott can sort his shit out and continue his career at another club but he well and truly wore out his welcome at the Dogs.
Good on you for showing some compassion and class.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just woke up to this great news, and that my LGA is out of lockdown so I can go to the pub today for a nice cold one off the tap. This weekend is turning out great. Maybe I can get the treble and the missus might let us have a hop on tonight!!

celebrationbitches.jpg

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you talking about Utility Half?
He was responsible for every second post for 150 pages, and now there's no sign of him for 20. Keep your chin up utility! Hopefully now you will see our point of view.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He was responsible for every second post for 150 pages, and now there's no sign of him for 20. Keep your chin up utility! Hopefully now you will see our point of view.
Err, have a look. I’m directly above you. Sneaky move by the club to announce this at 7.30 a Friday night knowing utility eoukd be too busy to give the matter immediate attention..

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I actually feel for the bloke. Even though I’ve never really rated him as a player it still sad to see him lose his job. I reckon he has some real issues he needs to deal with. Get right. He’ll get a contract somewhere I have no doubt.
I've never liked him as a player either. From interviews I have heard with him he seems to be a nice fellow when he is not on the piss. He does a huge amount of charity. Hopefully he can learn from this & get help with his alcohol problem & become a better person & player.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why the feck would u feel sorry for him
He’s a shit stain on the club we love
He’s a disgrace
Sort his problems out???
There’s bigger problems in the world than this kent
He’s being paid 450k a year and people feel sorry for him
Let him go get a real job
If anything he’s over achieved and should be happy he got to play fg in an era where half the nrl aren’t first grade level players
Feel sorry for him
Wake the fcuk up
6/7 years we paid this ***** to do sweet Fcuk all
He made more money this year than 90% of us for doing absolutely nothing yet tarnishing the club we love and support !!!
Fcuk the kent
Not to mention hes a prick of a human, the guy rooted his mates Mrs while his mate slept up stairs ffs. He didnt give two shit about his mates kids and what would happen if they got caught did he?

And its not like he won't get a gig straight away, some stupid desperate club will get him, if not he'll go to England.

So there's nothing to feel sorry for lol....

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stimson's one on one defense was excellent last week, nothing in attack though
I remember Stimson being a really good player at the Storm. Hopefully he will come good with some better players around him. He also had the injury so hopefully will be 100% next year.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't we need to know what line was crossed for consistency?
There’s two parties here, and a big chance, in fact I’d say probable, that Elliot himself didn’t want any details of the what and why released.

Get over yourself. You don’t have any right to know.

Last edited: