Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bellingham will cost way less than Sancho I think.
I think he will cost more because they're losing Haaland and probably wouldn't want to lose both at the same time. But yes, we defenitely need another attacker along with him or similar signing, then hope Elliott, Jones and Gordon kick on and that gives us some quality youth to build on.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he will cost more because they're losing Haaland and probably wouldn't want to lose both at the same time. But yes, we defenitely need another attacker along with him or similar signing, then hope Elliott, Jones and Gordon kick on and that gives us some quality youth to build on.
Yes. If we can get those youngsters coming through and add a few top players we'll be right.

Ideally we'll sign a top attacker and top midfielder. Can't see it tho, and can't see either happening unless we sell a top player.

That'll probably decide it in reality. Who we sell and for how much. Will be interesting

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not sure. Either way I just don't know whether we can spend big money on two players? Hopefully but got my doubts
CM usually don't cost what attacking players do. I think Bellingham costs 50-60 million pounds.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nah, CM don't cost what attacking players do.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
CM usually don't cost what attacking players do. I think Bellingham costs 50-60 million pounds.
Didn't Keita cost 54m? Bellingham has the whole English thing, plus is a massive massive talent with all the big spenders in England lining up for him. Will go for 60+ imo.

Point is tho that were not going to spend that much money on players. Especially a cm when we need attackers first.

I think anyway

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Didn't Keita cost 54m? Bellingham has the whole English thing, plus is a massive massive talent with all the big spenders in England lining up for him. Will go for 60+ imo.

Point is tho that were not going to spend that much money on players. Especially a cm when we need attackers first.

I think anyway
Player values have gone down from 2-3 years ago.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Player values have gone down from 2-3 years ago.
White, Grealish, Lukaku, James are examples off the top of my head where I'd argue that their values were way above normal.

I'd argue that Bellingham has a much higher ceiling than them and is only going to get better and better. He'll go for big money imo so Liverpool don't stand a chance.

I agree tho about overall values going down of your general player. But it seems as though the top players are going to continue to go for top money?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
White, Grealish, Lukaku, James are examples off the top of my head where I'd argue that their values were way above normal.

I'd argue that Bellingham has a much higher ceiling than them and is only going to get better and better. He'll go for big money imo so Liverpool don't stand a chance.

I agree tho about overall values going down of your general player. But it seems as though the top players are going to continue to go for top money?
COVID brought down how much clubs could pay. With economies and crowds opening up around Europe, you would expect to see these valuations bounce back up to where they were before COVID

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Coutinho 145, Dembele 120, Greizman 120...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
COVID brought down how much clubs could pay. With economies and crowds opening up around Europe, you would expect to see these valuations bounce back up to where they were before COVID
Agree. Think you can see with the big clubs that they'll still pay top dollar but the rest, like Liverpool, are more cautious a out things.

Assume next summer we'll get back to the craziness tho Arsenal paying 50m and United selling James for 24m is mental imo.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Values decreased because they're shit.
What are you talking about? I was just showing you transfer fees that clubs actually paid. None of the 3 I listed were top 10 players in the world and all went for crazy prices. KDB now is better than Coutinho when we sold him and no way a club pays 145 million pounds for KDB.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What are you talking about? I was just showing you transfer fees that clubs actually paid. None of the 3 I listed were top 10 players in the world and all went for crazy prices. KDB now is better than Coutinho when we sold him and no way a club pays 145 million pounds for KDB.
Ah, that's what you meant. Can see what you're saying, but still think that the value of top players hasn't decreased incredibly (see the listed players).

Grealish for 100m? Realise it's a release clause but still. Madness that. They bid 120m for Kane? Spurs wanted 150+?

Agree that the value of players atm is lower, you're right there. But, can't see Bellingham going for the 50-60m like you're saying. There's absolutely no chance of that

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ah, that's what you meant. Can see what you're saying, but still think that the value of top players hasn't decreased incredibly (see the listed players).

Grealish for 100m? Realise it's a release clause but still. Madness that. They bid 120m for Kane? Spurs wanted 150+?

Agree that the value of players atm is lower, you're right there. But, can't see Bellingham going for the 50-60m like you're saying. There's absolutely no chance of that
Kane is worth 150 million. He guarantees Man City the title with his goals.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kane is worth 150 million. He guarantees Man City the title with his goals.
Ok. That's what I'm saying tho. While the market may have depreciated, the big signings are still there to be had for the right players.

Bellingham is going to be a world-class player. He's brilliant.

I completely get what you're saying, but u think with those top players it doesn't really matter as they'll still go for big money.

50-60m is prob too high for Liverpool anyway lol

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ok. That's what I'm saying tho. While the market may have depreciated, the big signings are still there to be had for the right players.

Bellingham is going to be a world-class player. He's brilliant.

I completely get what you're saying, but u think with those top players it doesn't really matter as they'll still go for big money.

50-60m is prob too high for Liverpool anyway lol
Bellingham is 18 and nowhere near the finished article. He isn’t in the class of Sancho right now.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bellingham is 18 and nowhere near the finished article. He isn’t in the class of Sancho right now.
While this may he true, he ain't going to be sold for less than 60m especially with both Manchester clubs, and Chelsea interested.

There's no way we'll get him.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Liverpool banned from playing Alisson this week by the Brazilian federation