2021 Bulldogs Awards

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
E-tuK4kVQAQ1nTk.jpg

Award winners are being announced throughout the day. Who should get an award this year?

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dumb **** of the year is gonna be a dead heat
It will be , however if we have subcategories like coaching staff dumb **** of the year , forward dumb **** of the year , backline dumb **** of the year, hooker dumb **** of the year, Barrett dumb **** of the year it could simplify things.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh Jackson is the standout, there's no other option. Not even cause he had such a great year, its cause literally everyone else was shit/underwhelming.
Agreed. No contest really. If Thommo stayed on the field he would have won it.

Also Schoupp for rookie as posted earlier. I think Patolo will end up being the best to debut this year though.

The most contentious award is biggest flop. Red hot field :

Napa
Hoppa
Flanno
Allan

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be , however if we have subcategories like coaching staff dumb **** of the year , forward dumb **** of the year , backline dumb **** of the year, hooker dumb **** of the year, Barrett dumb **** of the year it could simplify things.
coaching staff dumb **** of the year - whoever coached the wingers to run in to tackle third man in at every opportunity
forward dumb **** of the year - tie. Hetho, Toillet
backline dumb **** of the year - any/all of the wingers (except Cotric)
hooker dumb **** of the year - Craptoa (who else?)

and since it appears you forgot:
halves dumb **** of the year - Princess Soundbar (by the length of the straight)

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rookie of the Year - Schoupp
Player of the Year - Averillo (but my god his stats aren't that impressive)

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does it really simplify it though?

Coaching staff dumb **** of the year is a dead heat with baz and furner

Forward dumb **** of the year is a dead heat with waddle and hethro

Backline dumb **** of the year is the only clear one with flanno

Hooker dumb **** of the year katoa and jmk

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
E-ugaRzVQAMrwrS.jpg

• #810 Brad Deitz • #814 Jackson Topine • #816 Aaron Schoupp • #817 Bailey Biondi-Odo • #818 Falakiko Manu • #819 Chris Patolo

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And Jack H for the quickest front rower :hearteyes:

but yes,Aaron , Chris, Bailey , also very good.!!

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agreed. No contest really. If Thommo stayed on the field he would have won it.

Also Schoupp for rookie as posted earlier. I think Patolo will end up being the best to debut this year though.

The most contentious award is biggest flop. Red hot field :

Napa
Hoppa
Flanno
Allan
That is honestly a hot field but I think Napa has to be the favourite.

On the note of Thommo, his suspensions this year/last have been worrying but I wonder if a bit of that is due to him feeling like he needs to make something happen due to the lack of talent in our forward pack. Perhaps he's been over-aggressive in an effort to give us an edge, as we are lacking the quality to get over in games. I think with a better forward pack next year (Vaughn, TVJ) plus help from some better backs we might see Thommo reign in his aggression a little as he won't feel as compelled to be over agressive. I definately think Jack Hethrington has been guilty of it this year, which is why moving him to the edge seems to be good as he just has to focus on running hard and uses his supreme athleticism.