2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who cares what Chris Hansen thinks

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ok well that appears to be settled....All Blacks can't be held up as examples of virtues of morality either.

Next :grinning:
I dont think it matters what he said their mind would of been made up before the meeting surely....
Yes and whatever plan to either keep him, or move him on, already in play.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Got to love Gus....We have had Blogging with Grimace, story time with the Andersons, then stone cold silence....but with Gus and his twitter interactions we as Doggies fans have never had it better. Since Gus joined us he has been approachable and has kept us informed, his interaction with our fan base has been admirable to say the least. Sometimes he does throw a curve ball but that's in the nature of the game and club.:grinning:
Yep, I remember blogging with Grimmace. She said we shouldn't get ANY Fijians because they ALL get homesick.

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Elliott would have killed it as an All Black, tbh. Once in a generation talent.
Do you actually watch him play?
Normally when you really like a player you watch them like a hawk.
You either don't watch him play or you are not very observant!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah what happened to that pest?
He get signed to play in the super league & get too busy??
He's probably on the myxomatosis forum instead.

Edit: Just checked my ignore list, he is banned.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Do you actually watch him play?
Normally when you really like a player you watch them like a hawk.
You either don't watch him play or you are not very observant!
Yes I watch him play .....IO think it's you guys who tune out all the good things he does.....some people have selective hearing, you all have selective watching. That spiral cut out he threw against the warriors in round 2 last year still sends chills down my spine. Phenomenal talent who has sadly been underdeveloped my a terribly run and coached club since his debut in 2016.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes I watch him play .....IO think it's you guys who tune out all the good things he does.....some people have selective hearing, you all have selective watching. That spiral cut out he threw against the warriors in round 2 last year still sends chills down my spine. Phenomenal talent who has sadly been underdeveloped my a terribly run and coached club since his debut in 2016.
todays-word-of-the-day-is-delusional.jpg

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It's called Confirmation Bias, "the tendency to search for, interpret, favor and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values. People display this bias when they select information that supports their views, ignoring contrary information, or when they interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing attitudes. The effect is strongest for desired outcomes, for emotionally charged issues, and for deeply entrenched beliefs. Confirmation bias cannot be eliminated entirely, but it can be managed, for example, by education and training in critical thinking skills."

Of course it works both ways, negatively and positively.

Always a Bulldog

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
OMG, you need to watch some of his games without your all black glasses on. This is not a rugby forum so I will eave it at this, Carter was the master of not get back onto his feet after making tackle, he frequently would not detach from the tackled player, he flopped on the attacking payer many times per game, avoided making any attempt to roll away unless forced and kept his hands on the ball for long periods after the tackle was completed. Sure he got penalised for this shit, albeit not as often as he should have, but giving away the odd penalty was the price for making time for the defence to get reset. This was, and still is, a much hated All Black tactic similar to the "Melbourne wrestle" in its effect.

Always a Bulldog
So he was a bit like the Roosters & Hindy rolled into 1?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It's called Confirmation Bias, "the tendency to search for, interpret, favor and recall information in a way that confirms or supports one's prior beliefs or values. People display this bias when they select information that supports their views, ignoring contrary information, or when they interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing attitudes. The effect is strongest for desired outcomes, for emotionally charged issues, and for deeply entrenched beliefs. Confirmation bias cannot be eliminated entirely, but it can be managed, for example, by education and training in critical thinking skills."

Of course it works both ways, negatively and positively.

Always a Bulldog
I hope you are not implying my thinking is inhibited by confirmation bias, because I am clinical and objective in my thinking at all times.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Says the guy who bags the shite out of Shoupe every week...
I haven't even mentioned Schoupp since another user tagged me in a comment during Sunday's game, so to suggest I bag him every day and with the intensity some on here bag Elliott is disingenuous.

My criticism of Schoupp is always constructive, btw.... learn to tackle/ read the play, get a decent haircut, don't break COVID bubbles after getting an opportunity - all points he could learn from if he were to take them on board.