• Yes

Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If they were lining up coke, why would he have had his shirt off? Very possible they were doing more than kissing, but to suggest they were racking up when neither the club or nrl’s investigation, nor any of the media reports have mentioned it is a stretch, to say the very least.

it’s possible that’s what they were doing, I’m sure plenty of nrl players enjoy the nose candy.... but to suggest something is a sackable offence when there isn’t even evidence the offence was committed is dumb, even by kennel standards.
Millie may have wanted to line it up off his chest before they had a passionate kiss?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mate you are deflecting again.

The “official” story isn’t official. It’s some weak horse shit excuse he mustered up in attempt to cover up yet another fuck up and it questions the intelligence of anyone who would believe it.

As you said we don’t know what they were doing in there. One thing for sure thought, kissing isn’t the real answer. That is complete dribble and if you believe that I have a unicorn to sell you.

Now I don’t think for a second you do believe that. I think it just helps support your man crush’s cover.

As for accepting players cheating on their wives? No I don’t condone that. No I wouldn’t like to be around that. Though the wives aren’t paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to wear our jersey and train in a group of blokes that they go into a extremely heavy contact sport with week in week out for years.

This clown not only fucked a team mates misses he fucking did it to his best mate….

You think for one second that is remotely useful for the squad?

The cheating on your wife is something for the players to sort and deal with off field and that will be a huge issue for them in life and likely ruin their on field. Though the teammate situation is a completely Different story. It is completely and utterly cancerous.

I have defended him numerous times in the past. He lost me with lichaa shit. Throw on once again another Fucking incident (with some weak bullshit excuse that absolutely no one would believe) IN THE SAME YEAR it shows he has no real respect for the club nor himself.

I wish him well I do. Just not in our colours for him to tarnish further.

Him being on a dramatically overpriced contract for what he does is secondary. The reason I want him gone first and foremost is he would be absolute toxic for the team building which next year we finally look to be able to commence getting off these years of lows.

As a player go to a function, knowing this bloke has no issues trying to stick his dick in anything including his best mates misses?

You can call the he has made some mistakes but when it’s repetitive the mistakes become routine. That is the other key reason he has to go. We have stood by him to much already. We have been rewarded with further issues. The same Fucking year. We don’t need to be associated with another adam idiot headline. No more. Enough is enough.

The third one is your comment. We finally are building and the cap space he is eating up is dramatically overinflated and with all things considered of how toxic he is for us on and off the field we need to focus on US! We have been shit for half a decade ffs!

In my opinion he needs to take time away from the game. Sort his life with his kid and the booze and return when he actually grows up and is taken responsibllity for his actions and life.
It’s really not about me defending my “man crush” .... you just can’t go around making judgments based on suspicion. It’s really that simple. You can’t just go around assuming he was taking drugs because it suits your agenda.... well, you can.... but you certainly can’t expect the club to make its decision based on that same assumption.

And Lichaa wasn’t a team mate. He was an ex team mate who hasn’t been at the club for several years. Again, don’t change the narrative to suit your agenda. If it has caused a toxic environment within the playing group, the club probably needs to try and sort thst out, but I don’t think it gave them legal grounds to sack him ... I don’t think this latest incident would have either, but I’m not an expert and I haven’t read his contract, I guess we’ll see on Monday. As far as how untenable his relationship with the rest of the playing group is, nobody here is really in a position to make that call. If the club feels that is the case, it will certainly factor into how it decides to go about handling the situation.

In any case, I’ve not said at at point people aren’t entitled to think he needs to be moved on. I understand that line of thought 100 percent. What I don’t understand are the disturbing levels of hate and dogmatic judgments that are being directed towards someone none of you even know on a personal basis. If he is as “toxic” to the playing group as you suggest, Gus will sort it out, one way or another. If some reports are to be believed, he still has a lot of support within the playing group, including from our captain. Ava and Meaney have also issued public words of support. I don’t think it’s as cut and dried as you all seem to think it is...and I definitely don’t believe any of you are in the best position to make a judgment call.

Also, I don’t think there’s any reason to suggest Elliott is willing to just “stick his dick” in another teammate’s wife. I think he showed genuine remorse and contrition and someone who shows so much contrition is unlikely to make the same mistake twice.

if players are willing to play with blokes who have been charged with (and convicted of) sexual assault, domestic violence, terrorising people in their own homes etc, but aren’t willing to give Elliott another chance, I think that says a lot more about the character of your average nrl player, tbh. I’d guess the truth is a little less cut and dried. Although I think the playing group is probably divided over the incident, which would explain the conflicting reports.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Michael Carayannis was saying on ABC Elliott had ankle surgery on Thursday but will front the board Monday. Said he thinks Elliott will be gone but sounds like personal opinion rather than anything concrete.

He said Sims is on a big $ deal next year at St George so I don’t think a swap would happen.

But they were talking about rumours that Ricky Stuart wants a massive clean out including Hodgson and others.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ask yourselves would a successful well run club like Storm keep a clown like Elliott around, constantly damaging the brand and turning in reserve grade standard performances?
Yes they would. Elliott would not even be in the papers if he were at the storm.... and he would be one of the elite backrowers in the comp.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Over to you Utility lol

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I like it. But it will likely cost us some $$ cause they are far from a straight swap.
The Drags are the ones that have said to Simms that he is free to speak to other clubs.... That being the case they should be paying a majority of the freight for that one and they will be looking for a replacement from outside or promoting a player within their ranks...He is RUMOURED to be on 650K...

St George Illawarra's Tariq Sims has been told by the Dragons that he is free to speak to other clubs after contract negotiations with the club took an unexpected turn.

According to Nine's NRL insider Danny Weidler, Sims was in talks with the club over his desire to extend his contract beyond its current term, till the end of next season.

However St George Illawarra threw a spanner in the works, which could see the NSW Blues star depart the club.

"Instead of getting an extension, the club said, 'There is no future deal for you. You have you contract for 2022 but if you want to look around for next season, you can go and do that'," Weidler told Nine News on Friday night.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yes they would. Elliott would not even be in the papers if he were at the storm.... and he would be one of the elite backrowers in the comp.
I thought you were being genuine with your comments but it’s clear your trolling.

He’s a fringe first grader at best. Belongs no further than the bench.

As for you saying we are assuming about taking drugs. That’s all your doing… assuming he wasn’t.

What because he didn’t say oh I was snorting a line with old love we assume it’s right?

No.

The very simple answer is one doesn’t lock themselves in a toilet and ignore security for no reason…..if your prepared to be that delusional over it that’s your call.

There is no facts of what they were doing. Though everyone would agree you don’t lock yourself in a toilet, ignore security for a kiss… plain and simple.

Anyway as for the rest of the straw clutching. Was he a current team mate when he fucked lichaa misses? No. The point didn’t change one bit. This is a bloke they are close as anything with and as some people say “go into battle” I’ve heard it with blokes in the military.

This shit won’t fly and they would never be respected nor wanted about again

The fact lichaa was let go that year or whatever means fuck all. His mates are all through football world. Our club included. Ffs we have other players in other teams target him in social media as a dog and a rat etc.

The entire roster would not accept that one second and the excuse of being a nice bloke who’s done a few simple mistakes doesn’t fly Fucking a mates wife. It’s a case of he is a dog and hopefully not a bulldog much longer.

He can blame it on the booze but as I said after this many times it’s not a mistake. He’s had more than enough chances including the last one he shouldn’t of got. Fast forward a few months and here we are again with this dickhead dragging the club through the news and who suffers? Us with a 500k dickhead on the bench and the drop kick tarnishing our wooden spoon brand some more.

Times up.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The Drags are the ones that have said to Simms that he is free to speak to other clubs.... That being the case they should be paying a majority of the freight for that one and they will be looking for a replacement from outside or promoting a player within their ranks...He is RUMOURED to be on 650K...

St George Illawarra's Tariq Sims has been told by the Dragons that he is free to speak to other clubs after contract negotiations with the club took an unexpected turn.

According to Nine's NRL insider Danny Weidler, Sims was in talks with the club over his desire to extend his contract beyond its current term, till the end of next season.

However St George Illawarra threw a spanner in the works, which could see the NSW Blues star depart the club.

"Instead of getting an extension, the club said, 'There is no future deal for you. You have you contract for 2022 but if you want to look around for next season, you can go and do that'," Weidler told Nine News on Friday night.
If he is rumoured to be on $650k and Elliot on $450K
As I said it would cost us a bit of $$ to make this hypothetical trade happen.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy, move on flanaggan or allen and pay 50% freight and we then have the cash

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I thought you were being genuine with your comments but it’s clear your trolling.

He’s a fringe first grader at best. Belongs no further than the bench.

As for you saying we are assuming about taking drugs. That’s all your doing… assuming he wasn’t.

What because he didn’t say oh I was snorting a line with old love we assume it’s right?

No.

The very simple answer is one doesn’t lock themselves in a toilet and ignore security for no reason…..if your prepared to be that delusional over it that’s your call.

There is no facts of what they were doing. Though everyone would agree you don’t lock yourself in a toilet, ignore security for a kiss… plain and simple.

Anyway as for the rest of the straw clutching. Was he a current team mate when he fucked lichaa misses? No. The point didn’t change one bit. This is a bloke they are close as anything with and as some people say “go into battle” I’ve heard it with blokes in the military.

This shit won’t fly and they would never be respected nor wanted about again

The fact lichaa was let go that year or whatever means fuck all. His mates are all through football world. Our club included. Ffs we have other players in other teams target him in social media as a dog and a rat etc.

The entire roster would not accept that one second and the excuse of being a nice bloke who’s done a few simple mistakes doesn’t fly Fucking a mates wife. It’s a case of he is a dog and hopefully not a bulldog much longer.

He can blame it on the booze but as I said after this many times it’s not a mistake. He’s had more than enough chances including the last one he shouldn’t of got. Fast forward a few months and here we are again with this dickhead dragging the club through the news and who suffers? Us with a 500k dickhead on the bench and the drop kick tarnishing our wooden spoon brand some more.

Times up.
That’s not how it works. The burden of proof lies with the prosecution. That’s how justice is done in this country. Not sure what type of kangaroo court you’re trying to run here, guy.

As for his other “transgressions” the incident in the pre season is the only one that was worse than the act of a loveable scallywag... and it wasn’t technically a breach of his contractual obligations. He was by all accounts sober for seven months, so it’s not like he hasn’t made a genuine effort to address his problem and learn from the experience. Staying off the booze is hard to do in a club environment. But hopefully this latest incident will alert him to the dangers of letting his guard down even for a brief moment.

He has said he’s willing to sign a no booze clause. He deserves a chance to prove he can do it.

The defence rests.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
122 pages and counting whether we should keep or sack a bog average fuckwit.
sorry, I think you’re in the wrong meeting. We’re discussing the future of a superstar in the making and a tireless community servant who just happens to have a bit of a drinking problem. Try the room across the hall, guy.