How many weeks for Latrell?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is where it gets interesting when people talk about "intentional". In what way are either of those on field incidents to do with footy tactics, other than rubbing an opponent out of the match and maybe several more? If that is a legit tactic, why does the judiciary supposedly consider injuries?
Maybe he gets off on the intent factor(although its seems clear enough to us)he technically may get off.Next grading down is reckless isnt it? Relevant charge will be known as early as tomorrow wont it?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Love some of the comments on the twitter feed. This will really divide the game...let's see exactly how hard/ or easy the NRL will go on Latrell....
What sort of stuff is being said in the tweetersphere?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What sort of stuff is being said in the tweetersphere?
Pretty much what most are saying about the fact that Latrell was very lucky and that the crackdown that was on earlier in the year has been put away....

Remember the crackdown??? Danny Weidler
Christian Welch, Warren Smith, Gavin Badger, Leave the game alone
Brent Read, Buzz, Latrell should have gone
Rothfield, read, Ref and bunker need to be stood down...

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
6-8 weeks easy. Hope we play souths rd1 or 2 next year.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus is always pro-player, no matter what they did... for example, when SBW ran out on us in 2008, he didn't blame SBW at all... rather, the game's administration was to blame for not generating greater revenue and he behaved quite disgracefully towards David Gallop when he went onto "The Footy Show"

as for Latrell's tackle, that should be the end of his year IMO... disgraceful

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus is always pro-player, no matter what they did... for example, when SBW ran out on us in 2008, he didn't blame SBW at all... rather, the game's administration was to blame for not generating greater revenue and he behaved quite disgracefully towards David Gallop when he went onto "The Footy Show"

as for Latrell's tackle, that should be the end of his year IMO... disgraceful
Yeah Gus won’t shit can Latrell or any other player that he might have to sit down with in the future and negotiate a contract with. I don’t like it but it’s smart business.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Gus won’t shit can Latrell or any other player that he might have to sit down with in the future and negotiate a contract with. I don’t like it but it’s smart business.
I think it is more a principled rather than practical issue for Gould... he just takes the player's side, even more so than those that should... for example, when we played the Eels years back and Corey Payne did a swinging arm to Jarryd Hayne's jaw... Hayne got up and head butted Payne causing a brawl... and yet, somehow Sterling was less forgiving in commentary of Hayne than Gus and was saying a headbutt was a send off

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is where it gets interesting when people talk about "intentional". In what way are either of those on field incidents to do with footy tactics, other than rubbing an opponent out of the match and maybe several more? If that is a legit tactic, why does the judiciary supposedly consider injuries?
Compare Thompsons 5 weeks for so called eye gouging. No damage. No evidence of raking or penetration of the fingers into the eye ..only on the eye area. No broken skin even. No inconvenience to the "victim" either on the field or later. Player admits he was complaining to get a penalty.

I know which injury I'd rather sustain...and it wouldn't be the Trell one.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the post match discussion between Gallen, Johns and Gould as to the hit was poor --> "not intentional", "defending his try line", "didn't even see it" etc.

league is a tough game and that's why you love it... but intentional is not part of the mental element of careless or reckless... defending his try line, well duh, that is just the purpose of the whole f*+#ing sport... and lay off the grog Joey and you might see something

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very hard to like Roosters players, but Manu plays with such heart and joy, he's likeable. Rough situation for him.
Kimmorley suffered a fractured eye socket near the end of the 2009 season (last couple rounds) and was back for the preliminary final... hopefully, Manu is back just in time for the Roosters to crash out of the finals

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
High and careless. Manu's season probably over too. I think someone in the commentary said Latrell got 4 weeks for something similar earlier on in the year (something like that). I think it has to be long enough so the Rabbitohs feel a significant hit in the finals. I actually felt pretty sad for Manu seeing how he reacted (crying/upset) and how he didn't want to come off knowing he picked up a serious injury. The referees weren't going to do anything to before the reactions from Manu/the Roosters...