Official Gus on Twitter

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
But but, lets give the Anderson's the chance to do the job says the Anderson cheerleaders on here.....

By far they were the biggest embarrassment in charge....
Has there ever been an effective and succesful female administrator in the game? I'm not a misogynist it's just an observation but having a female run a club in a testosterone fuelled sport appears unsurprisingly to not be a good fit.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I dont mind the 6 again calls but the problem is that teams are exploiting it (well at least the good ones are). Sooooo many times you see teams give one away on the first tackle after the kick to get their line set. In a heap of games this year I have seen a team give away the same set restart after a kick about 6 times but nothing happens. The NRL said they would bin teams who do it but thats never happened.

For me the biggest blight on the game is the standard of the refereeing and not the rules. The refs massively favour the top teams and constantly look for ways to penalise or wave 6 more against the bottom teams.

Dont change the rules. Just fix the fuckin refs
Teams that are constantly giving away 6 agains to pin teams in there own half should be scrutinized as much as teams that do it on their own try line.

ie; sin bin for repeat offences

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has there ever been an effective and succesful female administrator in the game? I'm not a misogynist it's just an observation but having a female run a club in a testosterone fuelled sport appears unsurprisingly to not be a good fit.
I think this can also be applied to politics in general. I cannot think of any successful ones.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought the call on giving Hasler total control was made by Raelene since she had no idea about football operations?
Raelene was here for the business side of things like Warburton is now.
I will share this stoy...
A year after Raelene's take over I had some concerns so I took the liberty by asking someone about how she was coping with Hasler the answer was,
When Greenturd was the CEO Hasler had to get his approval any any decision he made, now Raelene in charge all Hasler has to say jump and she'll say how high.
Now you know why I call him Des-troyer Hitler Hasler :rage:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lucky to have Gus.

The way he thinks is very impressive. On the podcast the other day he was talking about how many players have come out of nrl and straight into a assistant coaching role. And how they lose the experience of how to develop a squad and bring them together, train them etc (pay was like this).

The apprenticeship of going from u16 to 18 to 20s to reserves (like Stuart, holebrook etc) is not happening as much because you can make 200k-300k being an assistant in nrl compared getting virtually nothing coaching u16 or development squads.

Very valid point. And like I said very lucky to have him. One of the best in the business and too bad he came in once our cap was exhausted. Doubt he pays big money for cotric or wastes cap space on Waddell and Stimpson if he was in charge.

We are a team full of 300k-600k players. Only problem is most would be players 20-30 on other rosters not top 17. Seems like we need a bit more patience to see the Phoenix rise again.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You and I might agree on that but it seems the majority don't;

The modern game in the six-again era is played at such a ferocious pace that only the elite athletes will survive and thrive, and the footy served up in the first 24 rounds has been brilliant, breath-taking and brutal all at once. And a ringing endorsement has come from the fans who took part in the 2021 NRL Fans' Poll, with 65 per cent saying that the speed of the game is "just right", twice the number who felt it was "too fast".

Always a Bulldog
Haha, complete propaganda from the NRLoL.
You only have to read any form of social media to see how disengaged the fans are with the current state of the game.
To me, this is a better source as of course, its only the 'content' nrl fans that are visiting the NRL website and participating in their polls/surverys.
I can't stand what the game has become and the granular control given to the refs - The fate of many teams is in their hands and it completely ruins the spectacle. I miss the true grind of a game and using tactics to win, not this see who gets back to back sets of 6 until the defending team can no longer compete and is then wiped out of the contest.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Teams that are constantly giving away 6 agains to pin teams in there own half should be scrutinized as much as teams that do it on their own try line.

ie; sin bin for repeat offences
Be careful what you wish for mate, we are currently the highest offenders for 6 agains in the league (Not that we should be, but we are).

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You and I might agree on that but it seems the majority don't;

The modern game in the six-again era is played at such a ferocious pace that only the elite athletes will survive and thrive, and the footy served up in the first 24 rounds has been brilliant, breath-taking and brutal all at once. And a ringing endorsement has come from the fans who took part in the 2021 NRL Fans' Poll, with 65 per cent saying that the speed of the game is "just right", twice the number who felt it was "too fast".

Always a Bulldog
I wouldn't trust the NRLs own polls for a second.

For a start, they are most likely not accessing the views of people who've given up on the NRL in the last two season. Secondly, the way the question is phrased is really dodgy, I'll bet they won't ask something like "are you worried that recent rule changes are causing more injuries?".

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for mate, we are currently the highest offenders for 6 agains in the league (Not that we should be, but we are).
That’s just cause we are without a doubt the dumbest team I think I have ever seen.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust the NRLs own polls for a second.

For a start, they are most likely not accessing the views of people who've given up on the NRL in the last two season. Secondly, the way the question is phrased is really dodgy, I'll bet they won't ask something like "are you worried that recent rule changes are causing more injuries?".
I wouldn't trust the NRL full stop.