Images/Photos

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s a shame to see those great old suburbs turn into shit holes
All the old shops gone replaced by Shitty red brick flats
I lived through it, and witnessed the change. Places like Belmore were great little villages in the 1950s - everyone knew each other, and looked out for each other. All were proud of their homes. When the red brick flats started erupting, the place lost its soul.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This is the best that I can do - No. 1 Bligh Street.

I used to work across the road from here, so I saw it all from the demolition of the old grungy building, the deep deep excavation underground, then the construction of the new building. The project was meant to go for 3 years, but went over by 6 months. You would see the construction workers there working all hours of daylight to get the new building up in time.

A lot of materials used to construct this building where recycled, such as glass and steel, which is why it's referred to as the greenest building in Sydney. Blue Ribbon location too overlooking Circular Quay.

Interesting but little known fact about this building is that as it's across the road from the Wintergarden Plaza building, they were going to create an underground foodcourt for 1 Bligh and connect it as a walkway through to Wintergarden food court - but that didn't eventuate.

1629930731677.png

Same angle, night shot.

View of the two towers from Circular Quay.

Wahesh

Reaction score
It’s a mosque now isn’t it or am I getting that wrong?
Nah the mosque you're thinking of is further west in Lakemba. The Paragon is a gym these days (gymnastics type gym, not like Anytime Fitness of any of that crap).

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
1887DC11-2C50-4FEC-B2F0-12B0AC3F64F1.jpeg

Try and find platform 26 - 27 at Central station..
I may or may not have a key (I do because of my line of work) but use to sneak down the hard way through the tunnels back in the day. Looking for trains he he oh the old days anyway I was one of those bloody vandals that needed their hands cut off. Man it was fun simple times..

CA2251AF-0C5A-4BE9-994D-D4BB9F530D62.jpeg

platform 27 these are not my photos all mine got confiscated. The perils of being a rascal

Wahesh

Reaction score
View attachment 29186
Try and find platform 26 - 27 at Central station..
I may or may not have a key (I do because of my line of work) but use to sneak down the hard way through the tunnels back in the day. Looking for trains he he oh the old days anyway I was one of those bloody vandals that needed their hands cut off. Man it was fun simple times..

View attachment 29187
platform 27 these are not my photos all mine got confiscated. The perils of being a rascal
What the hell? I never knew they existed lol. Where are they? Surely they're not active right?