Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But just to clarify, you think his indiscretions have been really bad and he should be moved on solely because of them, right? The club offered him the contract. Why aim the vitriol at him. What was he supposed to do, demand less?
PS people were calling for his head after Mad Monday. He wasn't on that much money then, so it's not about the money. TK has never liked him. The amound he is on obviously doesn't help.

I dont like him mate because I just don't think he's good enough. I wouldn't even keep him as a bench player and IMO that's the best he can ever offer a team trying to win the premiership.

He doesn't deserve to be sacked for that incident alone but coupled with all his other indiscretions it makes it perfect to cancel his contract

Dont forget the board had already said we're not giving you that amount of money, you're free to leave for the warriors and it was only barret who saved him and had him signed for overs. The board don't rate him, they're ok to let him go. So I do think there'd be some at the board who'd be thinking good riddance

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
My only issue with this whole bla bla is WHY is she not copping any backlash form this?
I’ve hardly hear her name mentioned …
exactly apart from Kent last night saying why isnt it equal, there has been nothing.
that is my point here, if Brisbane has dismissed it, why havnt we?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha. Probably. Finchy is way off the dial most of the time. Probably why I like to listen to it. I really enjoyed the Reni Matua one. Anytime he talks to footy players I liked I will listen.
Yeah he's definitely a cooked ****, but the particular episode im talking about he was ridiculously bad

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dont forget the board had already said we're not giving you that amount of money, you're free to leave for the warriors and it was only barret who saved him and had him signed for overs. The board don't rate him, they're ok to let him go. So I do think there'd be some at the board who'd be thinking good riddance
No doubt..... the question is, what do you do if down the track you find a player you really value in a similar position?

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
exactly apart from Kent last night saying why isnt it equal, there has been nothing.
that is my point here, if Brisbane has dismissed it, why havnt we?
To be fair. Kent has zero time for Buzz and his ramblings. As he should. And as I've pointed out repeatedly, she hasn't had a problem with the drink. He has. This is not his first rodeo. Now if there was something more serious than a kiss that was reported, then it's a whole different kettle of fish. The issue is here that Elliot was drinking, and when he is drinking he has runs on the board. If she is involved in something again, I'm sure the magnifying glass will be all over her next time.

Reactions: ATT

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Funny how the media is spinning the word that Elliot is offside with his team mates...just then Channel seven news had an interview with Nick Meaney who says the team is all behind Adam.....and says he deserves a chance to play the game...

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
To be fair. Kent has zero time for Buzz and his ramblings. As he should. And as I've pointed out repeatedly, she hasn't had a problem with the drink. He has. This is not his first rodeo. Now if there was something more serious than a kiss that was reported, then it's a whole different kettle of fish. The issue is here that Elliot was drinking, and when he is drinking he has runs on the board. If she is involved in something again, I'm sure the magnifying glass will be all over her next time.
how do we know she hasnt a problem on the drink? the womans game is not reported.
anyway, there is always 2 sides, be interesting how it ends up, i dont care either way tbh

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
No doubt..... the question is, what do you do if down the track you find a player you really value in a similar position?
Well it really depends on how it affects the club, and if it's possible to support the player through that journey. Wouldn't be the first time a club got rid of a talented player. Exhibit A: Todd Carney. Plenty more I can think of that you just cut your losses cause if you put up with it. Soon you will have others doing it cause their is no leadership or governance at the club. Then you just end of with anarchy where the players do as they see fit and that's no way to run a club.

Reactions: ATT

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
how do we know she hasnt a problem on the drink? the womans game is not reported.
anyway, there is always 2 sides, be interesting how it ends up, i dont care either way tbh
You seem to have a lot of excuses for him. And if she has a problem on the drink, then it hasn't made the media, and that's the Broncos problem to manage.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the NRL Integrity Unit looking into SmElliott's latest alcoholic episode, view him in the same light as the match review committee views most Bulldog players then Adam is fucked. They will be turning over every stone looking for anything in their search to use against him. After all he is a repeat offender. Time will tell.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Funny how the media is spinning the word that Elliot is offside with his team mates...just then Channel seven news had an interview with Nick Meaney who says the team is all behind Adam.....and says he deserves a chance to play the game...
Of course he would say that, he's joining the Storm lol

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny. We got Malcolm Noad in to manage the club. News Ltd stooge. Still didn't work.
I always believed that the media issues and negativity towards the club evolved due to the clubs success and the redneck attitudes towards the supporter base back in the 80s. It sold papers back then. Became self fulfilling with Super league, salary cap scandal, coffs harbour and crowd behaviour.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You seem to have a lot of excuses for him. And if she has a problem on the drink, then it hasn't made the media, and that's the Broncos problem to manage.
no i dont, what he did to liccha was disgraceful and against any bro code. ive played and coached at a very high level and that was disgraceful. If any team mates when i played done that they would be belted and so they should be.
but in this last instance alone, it seems he has been treated unfairly. unless there is more to it.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You comparing Politis to Laundy ?
Laundy who is 80 odd years old and has decided to “help us out” now , with a grace period of free sponsorship last season?

Politis has been at Rorters since the 1970’s and in his time he has done everything possible to make the club that he loves one of the strongest in the NRL both on and off the field .
Not only via sponsorship through his businesses (city Ford) but through his contacts the Rorters have made property investments to make the financially viable in the future , knowing full well their leagues club will never be as profitable as others and their fans base small.
Most of the property the Rorters own are all due to his foresight and assistance . Even when he goes , they will be in an ok financially.
All has done to date is get free sponsorship and stick his nose in the decision making of the club when it comes to player retentions or sackings .
Sorry but at the moment you cannot compare Laundy’s contribution to Politis’s
You said " When a sponsor starts influencing your roster ( who stays and who goes) then you have a problem"

Does Politis (A sponsor) influence the Roosters' roster?

The answer is yes so all the other stuff is irrelevant. I answered your question but you didn't like the answer even if it is true!